996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My problems with PCNA, my dealership over my 2004 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Two data:

My '00 996tt's tranny went bad within 200 miles or a month of
of the warranty limit, at about 4 years old. The dealer got
Porsche to replace the tranny.
My '01 Honda Odyssey's tranny went bad last week, at 100,800
miles. The dealer *informed* me that there had been an extended
warranty till 100,000 miles on the Odyssey tranny because of some
known weakness. He said he'd probably have no trouble convincing
the rep to pay for ours. He was right, and it's in the shop for a new
tranny on their dime *with* a rental car for the week.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Joe Weinstein
Two data:

My '00 996tt's tranny went bad within 200 miles or a month of
of the warranty limit, at about 4 years old. The dealer got
Porsche to replace the tranny.
My '01 Honda Odyssey's tranny went bad last week, at 100,800
miles. The dealer *informed* me that there had been an extended
warranty till 100,000 miles on the Odyssey tranny because of some
known weakness. He said he'd probably have no trouble convincing
the rep to pay for ours. He was right, and it's in the shop for a new
tranny on their dime *with* a rental car for the week.
Which Porsche dealership do you go to? I need to go there

Old 11-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Which Porsche dealership do you go to? I need to go there
Michael Stead in Walnut Creek California and Walnut Creek Honda

Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Definitely. I met the service manager on one of the weekend drives where we met at Michael Stead in Walnut Creek. He was definitely very nice and put my car on the rack on the spot to help me diagnose the problem for free.

Unfortunately, it's just too far away to drive for service and repairs from the peninsula.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:45 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Very good to know thanks for the info Joe

Old 11-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
I just got an email from PCNA announcing the GT-3. Here is the opening line:

"This November, stand face-to-face with the new 911 GT3. It's a bona fide racing machine, with just enough refinement for the street."

Funny they did not mention "no warranty coverage" in the email anywhere!

Roger

Old 11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Westwood
They will wait til you need it!!! Kevin

Old 11-19-2006, 01:33 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Westwood
I just got an email from PCNA announcing the GT-3. Here is the opening line:

"This November, stand face-to-face with the new 911 GT3. It's a bona fide racing machine, with just enough refinement for the street."

Roger
I love it. What it should have read was

"This November, stand face-to-face with the new 911 GT3. It's a bona fide racing machine that Porsche wont stand by if you indeed decide to race or track it"

Honestly, I haven't heard this mentioned before and maybe it's kind of a gray area, but what is Porsches stance on Autocrosses? Do they consider them "racing" and therefore will not honor a car that has been used in them?

Old 11-22-2006, 07:02 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
updates to come very shortly. I have sought some legal advice and it is a painfully slow process. I am sorry I have been MIA lately. This along with so many other obligations have kept me from frequenting the boards, but I do have some new interesting info to pass on to you guys regarding the BS I have had to deal with lately. I will formulate it all and post some pics/info of what I have been told about the situation from different sources

Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 AM
BLTZKRG is infamous around these parts
Just to Echo what's being said about Michael Stead,
Service manager is Eric Shaefer, he's there at 8AM and works till really late.
I take all my cars there, they are fantastic,
When I bought my 996TT Eric took it straight in, put it up on the rack and checked it over for me without charge, they service my TT, my wife's CTT and her 996 cab.
I wanted to take out my stereo to retro fit a 6CD changer, JR in the parts called his friend at Mercedes and they lent me the removal tools, saved me a long drive over to them, this is the kind of service you get.
I do think that the CTT is having an affair with someone there, because it spends more time at Steads than it does at my house.
For my 996TT I even negotiated a great deal on an extended warranty, I've never had better service no matter which make of car I've owned.
ERIC SHAEFER, JR, Michael Stead et al, take a bow!

Good Luck with resolving your problems Boyracer, hope that they do the right thing for you

Last edited by BLTZKRG; 11-24-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
updates to come very shortly. I have sought some legal advice and it is a painfully slow process. I am sorry I have been MIA lately. This along with so many other obligations have kept me from frequenting the boards, but I do have some new interesting info to pass on to you guys regarding the BS I have had to deal with lately. I will formulate it all and post some pics/info of what I have been told about the situation from different sources
Wow man, cant wait to hear this, and again i wish you the best of luck!

Old 11-24-2006, 07:28 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOYRACER
reading this post just made me think back to when you were first looking for your GT3 and hadn't gotten it yet. You were so upbeat and excited...then the day came when you actually found the one you were looking for. You were as excited as a little kid on Christmas...It's so sad to see you go through this and tarnish your (and otherson this site) image of Porsche. Even if they come through in the end, just the fact that you or anyone has to go through this type of inconvenience definitely tarnishes Porsche in my opinion. Luckily the engineers are doing a better job than the bean counters or Porsche might slip into the red and eventual obscurity. Good luck, I look forward to hearing the resolution on this, hopefully it's in your favor.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
Boyracer,

any updates on this dilemma??

dw

Old 12-18-2006, 06:11 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Yes, what's up Mo? You have not posted much since all of this started. What happened with the car?

Old 12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I would also love to know the verdict?? hope it went in your favor M!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My problems with PCNA, my dealership over my 2004 GT3