996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My problems with PCNA, my dealership over my 2004 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 05:33 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
My problems with PCNA, my dealership over my 2004 GT3

Well as some of you remember I posted a thread a couple weeks ago discussing the mechanical issues with my 2004 GT3. Here is a little background of what happened. I was leaving my parking garage in my 3 month old GT3(I bought it with 9300 miles on it) and rolling out of 1st gear I heard a sound and the car seized to move. A bolt on the axle or something of that sort broke and caused some damage. I had the car towed via Porsche Road Side Assistance to the nearest dealer(not my purchasing dealer which was much further) to get the repairs done. I received a call the following morning that Porsche will not cover the repairs because the car has had signs of track abuse and that my warranty from here on out should be void. Well this imho was complete **** because in my years of tracking I Have not burned a clutch or ever been known to be overly abusive, aside from that the car is only 3 mos old for me so it has seen very little track time in my hands. When I bought the car I had Joe rizza do a DME download where they said there was only ONE overrev for a very short time and that I should not worry about either certifying the car or about my warranty because the car had the balance of a factory warranty. I made it a point to bring up the warranty several times, each time being assured that there was the balance of the factory warranty left and that the car was always maintained properly...here is what has happened since then....

I *****ed and moaned and *****ed some more to both the servicing dealer(Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood, IL) and to my sales dealer(Joe Rizza in Orland Park, IL) and to PCNA. So Loeber had a regional service tech come out to look at my car. I got a call yesterday from the servicing dealer Loeber claiming that the porsche regional service tech denied my claim because the car has been tracked. On the phone the service manager at this dealership said that prior to me buying the car the car had beeen abused and that if a porsche customer takes their car to the track it must be brought into a PORSCHE authorized dealership both before and immedietely following the track event. If it is taken to an independent shop,porsche can void my warranty. This is exactly what I have been informed. They also indicated that a porsche dealership would have tightened those bolts keeping the car from having the axle failure. I indicated that I boughtt he car three months ago and that they should have then taken care of it under PPI at the dealer. He said that was between me and my sales dealership. Well my frustration has now hit an all time high. I bought the GT3 because porsche has marketed the car as their track car. Their ads show the car on the track and they always talk about it as being their street version of their race car(GT3 Cup). Why is it now that porsche refuses to cover any of my warranty because their dealers were both negligent in maintaining my car properly and that their sales dealer knew the car had no warranty but sold it to me under the pretence that it does. I feel as though I have been cheated by a company where my family has bought 6 cars from. It is ridiculous that I have been without my car for 3 weeks and still I have not been compensated in any way. A letter is being sent to my sales dealer and PCNA indicating that I was misinformed about my vehicle upon purchase. I have lost a lot of faith in porsche and Joe Rizza Porsche in Orland Park. I wanted to share my story with everyone on this board and will with eveyr other board I am a member of because I would hate to see any of you go through what I have gone through. Porsche will not stand by their warranties or their dealerships.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Three words:

GET A LAWYER

Old 10-21-2006, 05:38 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Three words:

GET A LAWYER
the letter was sent out today giving them one week to react before I take that route. I have several lawyer buddies, so I have gotten the advice lol I just figured I would give it one last shot at going out civil, if not then I guess there is not much of a choice

Old 10-21-2006, 05:42 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Damn, really sorry to hear this Mo! I hope it all works out for you.

-Awais

Old 10-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by O-Ace
Damn, really sorry to hear this Mo! I hope it all works out for you.

-Awais
thanks buddy...I guess it will be a while before we can go cruising together...I just hope porsche works this out for me. I have been pretty damn loyal to them. If they take the car back and refund me for my costs, I might search for a 997 GT3 in a bit...but who knows anymore.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Banned
Tso GT3 is infamous around these parts
That's the risk you take for getting a used car with an abused history. Good deal = lots of hidden story. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Kinda takes the enjoyment out of a fun car doesn't it.........sorry to hear of your hassles.......please keep us informed.

No doubt the Zone Rep has a lot of discretionary power. I'll assume your last communications were to Atlanta?........have you talked to anyone at Customer Commitment down there?

Old 10-21-2006, 06:22 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear that BS Mo. Take it to the next level. Do not wait untill nexy week.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:34 PM
teoh2005 is infamous around these parts
That is complete B.S....I really hope that you're able to get things worked out...best of luck...

-Kevin

Old 10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hope you win this case! Keep us in the loop, that is total BS

Old 10-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
It's unbelievable to me that you can buy a car from a Porsche dealer who has read out the DME for you, inspected and prepped the car for resale, with original factory warranty left on the car, and then have all these hassles within months of your purchase. Good luck with your car, and I wish for you a good resolution to your issues with PCNA.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha
It's unbelievable to me that you can buy a car from a Porsche dealer who has read out the DME for you, inspected and prepped the car for resale, with original factory warranty left on the car, and then have all these hassles within months of your purchase. Good luck with your car, and I wish for you a good resolution to your issues with PCNA.
unbelievable to me too my friend. I am one of the biggest porsche fans on the face of this planet and really had a big place in my heart for them, but after this I am a little dispointed with their company. Yes they make tremendous cars, the best on the face of this planet, but to give me a stiff one like this just made me lose all the respect in the world.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:47 PM
yellowturbo is infamous around these parts
This is interesting because I had a car go through PPI at Loeber when I was in the market and they went through a big production that the car had a lot of time at the rev limiter and then some mechanical over-revs. I ended up passing on that car (a very pristine, 2002 x50, 11k miles, Arctic Silver). It was all good because I kept searching and found my current car, but I still look back and I think that they may have exaggerated and overreacted with stuff. They also indicated the rotors were cracked - well most cars do end up with very small cracks on rotors after a while...so I wish I knew how badly the rotors were really cracked.

While it's not a trend quite yet...it seems strange that there seems to be this anti-performance driving attitude at Loeber. Maybe it's just me but maybe someone who deals with them on a regular basis can share experiences? Do they think Porsches are now like Mercedes?

Old 10-21-2006, 11:08 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Long story short, wont help you but bought my car with 9k on it, no overrevs etc, blew 2nd and third gear and syncro. Porsche said previous track abuse, and I was out 7K!!! Sound familar????

Old 10-22-2006, 12:20 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Tom, every time I hear your story I cringe.
c

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My problems with PCNA, my dealership over my 2004 GT3