996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who makes/offers the lightest (weight) 18" wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 09:34 AM
WMP
WMP is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure how you guys feel about Japanese wheels but Volk and Work make some very lightweight alloys.

http://www.mackinindustries.com/rays_volkracing.html

http://www.worksuperwheels.com/

Old 02-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
The BBS Magnesium wheels only come in 18 and are about 15lb each. Most the other wheels are in the 22lb and up range.

Kinesis does have a new one piece very very cool looking light wheel but at this time they only have it in 19â€

Here’s a pic of 3 a piece BBS with mag/aluminum mix center and a full mag wheel.

Color change… yup… I drive them on the streets

Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2004, 03:14 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
cary,

have you broken them on the streets? [of LA, not Willow].

and who has the best price on those bbs???

thanks

Old 02-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by WMP
I'm not sure how you guys feel about Japanese wheels but Volk and Work make some very lightweight alloys.

http://www.mackinindustries.com/rays_volkracing.html

http://www.worksuperwheels.com/
The only wheel i know of from those 2 companies that actually has a pad wide enough to drill a 130 PCD is the Work Brombacher. Looks very similar to the 18" standard rim cargraphic racing. If you want to see them, check my website.

All of other Work wheels only go up to a PCD of 120.65 if I remember correctly. I dont recall Volk Racing having anything that will work.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 02-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
watt, I haven't had any problems but for sure you have to be careful where you drive them. I my car that's not too hard concidering the front spoiler is 2.5" off the ground... If I hit enough of those whoops on the 405 only doing like 80 or 90 the front hits the ground on occation.... so, it's hard to abuse the wheels I"m so worried about the front As far as the price, I can most likely do as well as anyone on those however, the only ones I can get my hands on will only fit body work the width of my car.........that's why I had to flare it

Old 02-05-2004, 07:33 PM
WMP
WMP is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by lee2375
The only wheel i know of from those 2 companies that actually has a pad wide enough to drill a 130 PCD is the Work Brombacher. Looks very similar to the 18" standard rim cargraphic racing. If you want to see them, check my website.

All of other Work wheels only go up to a PCD of 120.65 if I remember correctly. I dont recall Volk Racing having anything that will work.
Oh thanks for the heads up, just suggesting a few favorites from my Japanese tuning experience.

Old 02-05-2004, 08:53 PM
TTech is infamous around these parts
Cary,
Those wheels and flairs on your car make it look like one of those Hot Wheel model cars ...The DUB's Version... Please post more pictures ... Nice Brakes also.... When are you going to drive the beast on the track?......
TTech

Old 02-05-2004, 09:22 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Cary: Can you help me here. I want the lightest wheel I can get that will fit the widest tires on the tt with rolled fenders. Whats the answer? 18's of course.

Old 02-05-2004, 09:53 PM
h20tt is infamous around these parts
As WMP mentioned, the volk TE-37s are very light in 18 inch fitment, simple styling and the price is not bad.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
The Work Brombacher wheels are the bomb.

I will either do those or the Cargraphic forged stars racing wheel on the GT2. Gold centers are mandatory for my cars.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:07 AM
lcheng2 is infamous around these parts
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287776015

These are the Kinesis F110 I put on my car last week. Only one size 19x8.5 front 19x11.5 rear. They are like 4 to 5 lbs lighter than stock TT wheels.
Lawrence

Old 02-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by ColorChange
Cary: Can you help me here. I want the lightest wheel I can get that will fit the widest tires on the tt with rolled fenders. Whats the answer? 18's of course.
Chad has the record on that one. I gave up and just cut my fenders off. I think he has 9.5 with 265's and 12.5 with 315's. I know he likes Fikse's which are a really nice wheel. Kinesis are a good choice as well... but I have to say I lean towards the BBS racing wheels (3 piece) They're all good.
The top line Japanese wheels talked about in this thread are also as good as they get as well as a few others. As a matter of fact the BBS one piece wheels are built in Japan. When you look at quality ratings there is DOT (US) TUV (German) the highest standard which is Japanese. When you see the lettering on the back that sorta looks like "JWL".... it doesn't get any better than that. Not to get too patreotic but the nice thing about getting wheels built in the US is most of the high end companys are small enough that you can pick up the phone and call somebody that really cares. I can tell you first hand if you have a question about a Kinesis you can call and talk to either Alan or Peter and they listen. If you tell them you have a concern on this site, they'll jump on and respond. You won't get that with the foreign wheel company's.

Last edited by Cary Eisenlohr; 02-06-2004 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:04 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Chad: What's the answer?

Old 02-06-2004, 08:10 AM
996/699 is infamous around these parts
What about Champion one piece wheels - 18" = 18.5 pounds, forged wheel thus very strong.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:31 AM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Color...well I think Chad and I have the same wheel/tire size combo...I copied him on this. I have 9.5x18 and 12x18 with 265 and 315 tires. Fits over large Brembo brakes and fits into stock wheelwells with just rolling the fenders. Very tight but it works fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who makes/offers the lightest (weight) 18" wheels