996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I Need To Go On A Diet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
The CD explains why I never got into the 9s with my silly G2 body conversion:P

Old 10-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Further info on GT2 drag coefficient:

Despite a monstrous rear wing and a low-riding front air dam, the drag coefficient of the GT2 has increased to 0.34 from the Turbo's 0.31. This increase results mainly from the bigger air intakes that channel more air to the brakes and to no fewer than three radiators and two intercoolers. The key aerodynamic improvement over lesser 911s is the larger center intake that guides air through the main radiator before sending it through a full-width duct to vents between the nose cone and hood. This substantially increases front-end downforce and, at the same time, reduces the amount of air that passes between the road and the floorpan by an impressive 60 percent. The ground-effects front end pays off at speeds of 80 mph and above, tying the nose down in a thoroughly convincing manner.
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...rformance.html

Old 10-27-2006, 05:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Marty, I am just organizing and graphing a whole battery of GPS data from 9Eleven's red GT2 with ECU programming to post today. The data makes it abundantly clear that weight hurts... and hurts a great deal.His car flew and although he beat my GPS times in some areas and I beat him in others it is clear that these 2 cars are dead even. Between these two cars at the drags it comes down to this.... the driver who makes a mistake loses, plain and simple. A 0-160 run is going to be posted My hat is off to 9Eleven. As for needing more power....why not? Kevin
Awesome man, can't wait to see his numbers and better yet use this thing myself if you are still offering it up to borrow, I would greatly appreciate it Question though, we obviously aren't all in the same elevation, incline of surface or w/e, does it vary the times if there isn't a complete flat surface? Might be a stupid question but there aren't many flat surfaces for miles I could test on here in NY

Old 10-27-2006, 05:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by F**K
A question for anyone out there who can answer...

If one were to ditch the steel roof (w/ sunroof, sunroof motor, etc) for a carbon fibre roof and new hole-less headliner, would it present a potential safety hazard on a street car?
Not at all. On my m3 I did the csl cf roof swap, everyone doubted the swap, this and that and had no first hand experience. Almost 100% of the strength in these cars are in the a-pillars back, it didn't change the rigidity of my car one bit and saved some good weight. Now my Turbo has no sunroof either, its aluminum not steel to my knowledge and when I wash my car the center pushes in, its very thin, same thing would happen if it were CF!

Old 10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I ran 10s before I ran shark werks:P
Ur right.. I forgot.... I believe that was on the stock motor still

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-27-2006, 06:23 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Awesome man, can't wait to see his numbers and better yet use this thing myself if you are still offering it up to borrow, I would greatly appreciate it Question though, we obviously aren't all in the same elevation, incline of surface or w/e, does it vary the times if there isn't a complete flat surface? Might be a stupid question but there aren't many flat surfaces for miles I could test on here in NY
Martin, the satellites are always watching... If you go to the graphs on 9Eleven's runs it will show you slope deviation. I think on his 0-160 run he had a downhill slope deviation of 130ft... but the overall run was 2958.31 feet which is less than 12" for every 22ft. Close enough to get a good idea of the vehicles performance. If you cannot find a good level run...do it both ways and average the results.Kevin

Old 10-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Martin, the satellites are always watching... If you go to the graphs on 9Eleven's runs it will show you slope deviation. I think on his 0-160 run he had a downhill slope deviation of 130ft... but the overall run was 2958.31 feet which is less than 12" for every 22ft. Close enough to get a good idea of the vehicles performance. If you cannot find a good level run...do it both ways and average the results.Kevin
Ahh I see, very cool. I have an almost flat area for well over a mile and no traffic late night, but I couldn't do a 0 start, its a highway, we'll see. BTW haven't viewed his charts yet, I'm on my phone so its hard to see it clearly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.