996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Possible move to Germany.. Euro Tuners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Jean, wondering what your thoughts are on the power kits offered by Techart. I ask this as RUF no longer has a distributor/facility here in Singapore whilst Techart still has. In Singapore there are no proper tuners here and as such a fully sorted "bolt on" kit is far preferable to getting bits and pieces especially for someone not mechanically minded like myself.

My car currently is a bit of a mish mash of parts from various US and European tuners, with some programming done by DMS.

The intention is to now get it more reliable with a full kit from either RUF or Techart. First choice is Techart because of the importer, but if there is an overriding reason to go with someone else, then I will consider (and I have always loved RUF, but if it is not bolt in, I may have problems given no importer here).

Input is much appreciated.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
We have a couple of stage II 996TT Techarts in Finland rated at 530hp and they perform great, both kits were installed back in 2001 and the cars see a lot of track usage. Only thing which is strange that their claimed 0-200 km/h times are tiny bit high for their 600hp+ 996TT kits IIRC.

Of course the stage II at that time was fairly simple, it came with modded K16's, ECU and air filter.

Anyway I have had 329km/h on the speedo (less with GPS of course) and 100km/h - 200km/h acceleration was 7.3 seconds measured with the PBOX. Got also Techart's exhaust but I doubt the difference is much, because I have their smaller 60mm model.

I can recommend them..

Old 06-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kaizu
We have a couple of stage II 996TT Techarts in Finland rated at 530hp and they perform great, both kits were installed back in 2001 and the cars see a lot of track usage. Only thing which is strange that their claimed 0-200 km/h times are tiny bit high for their 600hp+ 996TT kits IIRC.

Of course the stage II at that time was fairly simple, it came with modded K16's, ECU and air filter.

Anyway I have had 329km/h on the speedo (less with GPS of course) and 100km/h - 200km/h acceleration was 7.3 seconds measured with the PBOX. Got also Techart's exhaust but I doubt the difference is much, because I have their smaller 60mm model.

I can recommend them..
Thanks very much for the feedback. Am looking at reliability first and foremost, sounds like I may be making the correct choice.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Buy it in the States,(cheaper), and take it with you to the other side of the pond, no biggie.

Originally Posted by Rambino
I noticed the 996 TT in Germany, esp the X50's are rare and way more expensive than to buy one here in the states. When purchasing a car in europe and living in germany, Do i have to stick to searching in Germany, or will the implications of buying it outside of germany cause issues.. Also I was considering importing one from the US but im not sure if its worth all the time and money...