996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Possible move to Germany.. Euro Tuners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned
Rambino is infamous around these parts
Possible move to Germany.. Euro Tuners?

Well theres a chance i might move to germany end of year.. i will be looking for an X50 996TT out there.. Dream come true..

I will probably still buy the trusted products from the tuners out here like vivid, evoms, proto, ultimate... etc...

But all this will need tuning and such.. Can anyone suggest some good European tuners that can be trusted for good performance from tuning and possibly well known brand for products?

thanks!

Old 10-26-2006, 01:10 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Kind of a silly post no? Ever hear of RUF?

Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Look up Jean on 6speed .. he knows everyone personally....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
RUF, 9ff, bla bla

Old 10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Ruf, Sportec and RS tuning are all near by...

Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yeah ask Jean on that one. He can point you in the right direction.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
I heard RUF is a decent tuner??

Old 10-27-2006, 05:16 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
no offense to anyone who is a fan of other tuners... i realize a lot of outfits have been around for a while and know their stuff... But Walter Rohrl once told me (during a press event where I had the opportunity to sit across from him at dinner): "For me there are only two tuners that know how to a make a Porsche better than it is from the factory: Ruf and Manthey"

And if its good enough for Walter... its good enough for me!

(seriously, i'm sure there's tons of other reputable tuners you'll find. between Ruf and Manthey however, go with Ruf if you have a bias toward STREET use. if you intend to do a lot of TRACK work, Manthey is your man)

Old 10-27-2006, 06:08 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hesperus
no offense to anyone who is a fan of other tuners... i realize a lot of outfits have been around for a while and know their stuff... But Walter Rohrl once told me (during a press event where I had the opportunity to sit across from him at dinner): "For me there are only two tuners that know how to a make a Porsche better than it is from the factory: Ruf and Manthey"

(seriously, i'm sure there's tons of other reputable tuners you'll find. between Ruf and Manthey however, go with Ruf if you have a bias toward STREET use. if you intend to do a lot of TRACK work, Manthey is your man)
Agree!!!

But... If Techart is sold (in Germany) through Porsche dealers and if RS Tuning are good enough for Porsche (their last work was developing the ECU and Software for the 997 Cup) they're good enough for me!

Old 10-29-2006, 04:25 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus

I imagine you had this conversation before 9ff became a player in the field.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:12 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
actually I had the conversation after 9ff's record breaking topspeed run. so they were already starting to make waves by that time. obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i doubt that someone like Rohrl would make it a habit to sample all the latest tuner iterations of the 911.

as I said, i'm sure there are other tuning houses out there that really really know their stuff. i was just making a point that Herr Rohrl's comments at least support Ruf and Manthey, and while both outfits do command a premium over some other tuners, you at least get one good seal of approval.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
9ff is not as highly rated here in Europe as some of you might think...

Old 10-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned
Rambino is infamous around these parts
I noticed the 996 TT in Germany, esp the X50's are rare and way more expensive than to buy one here in the states. When purchasing a car in europe and living in germany, Do i have to stick to searching in Germany, or will the implications of buying it outside of germany cause issues.. Also I was considering importing one from the US but im not sure if its worth all the time and money...

Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 PM
The cheapest cars in Europe are usually in Germany although Porsches seem to be slightly cheaper in Italy but probably not worth tha hassle. If you want to search cars for sale in Germany go to www.mobile.de and change language. When thinking of importing a car to Europe add the shipping costs but most of all add 16% tax to the price on the invoice.

Last edited by kiko; 10-30-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:56 AM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kiko
9ff is not as highly rated here in Europe as some of you might think...
After a year working with 9ff. I would have to direct you to Ruf or Manthey - as others have said.

9ff is a new company and as such, they essentially have rudimentary levels of customer service, especially when compared to established reputable tuners like RUF.

IMO, you cant put a price on peace of mind. It sucks when emails/calls/letters re: a problem go unanswered.

feel free to PM me if you want to know more...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Possible move to Germany.. Euro Tuners?