996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The discussion thread on 1/4 mile E.T. and Trap Speed, and their relationship to HP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
The discussion thread on 1/4 mile E.T. and Trap Speed, and their relationship to HP

Originally Posted by vividracing
Still on stock turbos. We are actually doing a custom setup with external wastegates that will get you about 30HP more since the factory wastegates get bogged at this level. .
So this car is putting close to 550FWHP and beyond 800NM (600ft/lb) on stock K16s? And you are saying that you can see another 30whp?

Old 10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
I was under the impression stock K16's are way out of their efficiency range above 500 crank hp. Have you tweaked these units? Thanks, Kevin

Old 10-20-2006, 04:54 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Oh, I didnt see the second dyno sheet. That seems a little too high for kkk16's.

My friend has a stage 4, Evo wastegates, Evo headers, Fabspeed, and Evo air box and puts down 490. So the new "modified" stage II is the same as a full stage IV? Man, those stage IV guys are going to be pissed.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jean
So this car is putting close to 550FWHP and beyond 800NM (600ft/lb) on stock K16s? And you are saying that you can see another 30whp?
How did you come up with that figure? I thought it would be 480whp.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KPG
I was under the impression stock K16's are way out of their efficiency range above 500 crank hp. Have you tweaked these units? Thanks, Kevin
Most tuners advertise low 500 crank hp which should be about right.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:05 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Indykid
Most tuners advertise low 500 crank hp which should be about right.
550AWHP is hardly " low 500 crank" ... nice try though Kevin

Old 10-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
550AWHP is hardly " low 500 crank" ... nice try though Kevin
You stated 500 crank in your last post and now you just said 550whp. Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by KPG

Old 10-20-2006, 10:14 PM
KPG
You stated 500 crank in your last post and now you just said 550whp. Did I miss something?
The thread is all about the 550AWHP on stock K16's that this car produced. Most tuners will agree the stock K16 is maxed out at 500 crank. 550AWHP is well over 600 crank... so I was wondering if these units had been tweaked, sorry for the misunderstanding.Kevin

Old 10-21-2006, 12:24 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
No way 30 more whp is going to be seen on wastegates, i took mine out with stock K16's and straight pipes also because it was overboosting the turbo's. I still dyno'd insanely high on an AWD mustang even without straight pipes and the wastegate (just stock wastegates dialed in) and in 96degree heat!

Originally Posted by KPG
Not true one bit, Scott already explained this in several threads, and i can attest to this!

Dan congrats on the numbers!

Old 10-21-2006, 12:26 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxwell
Oh, I didnt see the second dyno sheet. That seems a little too high for kkk16's.

My friend has a stage 4, Evo wastegates, Evo headers, Fabspeed, and Evo air box and puts down 490. So the new "modified" stage II is the same as a full stage IV? Man, those stage IV guys are going to be pissed.
Just because someone has a higher "stage" car doesnt mean anything. You can max out your stock K16's at 600 hp and torque and they say the same for K24's, ironic eh?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
How did you come up with that figure? I thought it would be 480whp.
Indykid, if your car is showing a certain number on a chassis dyno , it is at the wheels, not the crank. To go from whp (rear wheel or all wheel horsepower) to FWHP (Flywheel horsepower), you need to increase that number by a factor, for a 4WD reading, 20% is not unusual. 450whp is around 550Flywheel.

Last edited by Jean; 10-21-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Indykid, if your car is showing a certain number on a chassis dyno , it is at the wheels, not the crank. To go from whp (rear wheel or all wheel horsepower) to FWHP (Flywheel horsepower), you need to increase that number by a factor, for a 4WD reading, 20% is not unusual. 450whp is around 550Flywheel.
HAhaha, I get it. I didn't see the F in front of WHP inthe first post. I'm really not insane.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:34 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by iLLM3
No way 30 more whp is going to be seen on wastegates, i took mine out with stock K16's and straight pipes also because it was overboosting the turbo's. I still dyno'd insanely high on an AWD mustang even without straight pipes and the wastegate (just stock wastegates dialed in) and in 96degree heat!

Not true one bit, Scott already explained this in several threads, and i can attest to this!

Dan congrats on the numbers!
Have you taken your insane HP, stomach hurting car to the track or produced any GPS(AX22 or Racelogic)data Please do not take this thread as anything other than a civil conversation. Now you quote Scott as proof K16's are good to 600HP. Well, I respectfully beg to differ. Scott is an example of what not to expect in my opinion. He has an almost unbelievable ability to extract the maximum from his car on any given day. Honestly, I wish I had that ability, but I do not and that is reality.He is clearly the exception, not the rule.If you or I drove Scott's car that same day he set 126mph... could you have done those numbers? I couldnt.Other than Scott, there are few if any Stg2 cars in the 120's. Lately many Stg4's have struggled to get in the 120's as well.I do not think ANY tuner would tell a customer to expect 126+ trap speeds in a STG2. I had a GIAC STG2 before this current setup and was totally satisfied with the performance which was 12 flat at 119mph, which most would agree is the numbers to be expected. If you have followed any of my posts you know I put up lots of data. I have a stack of 40 or so time slips and who knows how megabytes of GPS data to back up my setup. I have a dyno day on Mon with a Mustang AWD and I will put up back to back runs of my car in AWD and RWD. What I am trying to say is dyno numbers are nice but without other supporting data ie: track and GPS they do not tell the whole story. If you have any 60-130 times in the 9sec range or a time slip with a 125+ trap let me know, because I will be the first to jump up and down shouting your praises from the rooftops! Remember, this a request for more info... nothing more or less. Thanks, Kevin

Old 10-21-2006, 09:46 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
We seek the truth, nothing else.
You my friend do not have 600 HP.

The test's KPG requested will help "translate" your horspower (verify).

Yes, and I agree, the extreme diver really pulled one out of his hat with
the fastest (quickest in the quarter) stage 2 car EVER. Do not expect
to replicate that with the measly little K-16's.
MK

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 10-21-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Have you taken your insane HP, stomach hurting car to the track or produced any GPS(AX22 or Racelogic)data Please do not take this thread as anything other than a civil conversation. Now you quote Scott as proof K16's are good to 600HP. Well, I respectfully beg to differ. Scott is an example of what not to expect in my opinion. He has an almost unbelievable ability to extract the maximum from his car on any given day. Honestly, I wish I had that ability, but I do not and that is reality.He is clearly the exception, not the rule.If you or I drove Scott's car that same day he set 126mph... could you have done those numbers? I couldnt.Other than Scott, there are few if any Stg2 cars in the 120's. Lately many Stg4's have struggled to get in the 120's as well.I do not think ANY tuner would tell a customer to expect 126+ trap speeds in a STG2. I had a GIAC STG2 before this current setup and was totally satisfied with the performance which was 12 flat at 119mph, which most would agree is the numbers to be expected. If you have followed any of my posts you know I put up lots of data. I have a stack of 40 or so time slips and who knows how megabytes of GPS data to back up my setup. I have a dyno day on Mon with a Mustang AWD and I will put up back to back runs of my car in AWD and RWD. What I am trying to say is dyno numbers are nice but without other supporting data ie: track and GPS they do not tell the whole story. If you have any 60-130 times in the 9sec range or a time slip with a 125+ trap let me know, because I will be the first to jump up and down shouting your praises from the rooftops! Remember, this a request for more info... nothing more or less. Thanks, Kevin
Send me a racelogix box and i will do all of the tests you want, i have nothing to hide and have SEVERAL speedo videos even before going RWD and a few other mods, still pulling 60-130 in 10.x seconds WITHOUT a flying start! 40-100 is 5 sec flat, w/e you want man. Go on viperclub.com into the Northeast section, all of my buddies are on there with supercharged viper's that run high 10's low 11's, guess what, one one of them beat me and that was when i was awd by a cl to 165, that's it. He puts down 738rwhp, i believe K16's with a proper setup, tuning or maybe just a freaky mix and match will produce crazy power from K16's, and several people have proved it.

Just because its our of the norm, doesnt mean you have to doubt it, talk down upon it and say its impossible. Because out of all people, you know some cars/drivers are different then others! AND OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, you know that just because you have K24's and some bolt ons doesnt mean its automatically BETTER then K16's or another rock solid setup, dont kid yourself!

If i wanted to i would go 1000hp right now, but that isnt the point. I have been extremely satisfied with this setup and its FAST (not enough but enought o enjoy it on every drive)
There are also several members on this board who can attest to my performance, guys with stg 3 GT2's, M5's and so on!

Last edited by iLLM3; 10-21-2006 at 12:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The discussion thread on 1/4 mile E.T. and Trap Speed, and their relationship to HP