996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please provide your 60-130 times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Luis,

The clock starts ticking when you go through 60mph, regardless of how fast you got to 60, the time will be the same, always same RPMs, same lag, same acceleration after 60mph. Variables are less than a quartermile , that's for sure, provided the slope is checked, which it has been on all the runs posted, many were discarded and some of he owners are on this board they can confirm.

KPG the 60-130mph was set because of the available data on magazines, it benefits the 996 vs the 993 in fact due to gearing. Bill S. was the originator of the thread.

VRAlex had a faster run but it was not very clean, he agreed to keep it out until he has done more runs. Based on the poor shifting (slow and short shifting )and traction losses he has on that 6.3s run, I estimate he can shave about another 1/2 second under the same boost conditions he ran the 6.3 s. I am running 1.18 Bar.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Jean
Luis,

The clock starts ticking when you go through 60mph, regardless of how fast you got to 60, the time will be the same, always same RPMs, same lag, same acceleration after 60mph. Variables are less than a quartermile , that's for sure, provided the slope is checked, which it has been on all the runs posted, many were discarded and some of he owners are on this board they can confirm.

KPG the 60-130mph was set because of the available data on magazines, it benefits the 996 vs the 993 in fact due to gearing. Bill S. was the originator of the thread.

VRAlex had a faster run but it was not very clean, he agreed to keep it out until he has done more runs. Based on the poor shifting (slow and short shifting )and traction losses he has on that 6.3s run, I estimate he can shave about another 1/2 second under the same boost conditions he ran the 6.3 s. I am running 1.18 Bar.
I remember a while back he ran 60-140 mph in 4.3 seconds. faster than any supercar in the world IIRC.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:53 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
I remember a while back he ran 60-140 mph in 4.3 seconds. faster than any supercar in the world IIRC.
It was a 60-130MPH in 4.4seconds (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ht=VRAlexander) and I am on my way out right now to confirm that run in 'continous' mode on the AX-22....Jean are you ready to analyse??

Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
It was a 60-130MPH in 4.4seconds (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ht=VRAlexander) and I am on my way out right now to confirm that run in 'continous' mode on the AX-22....Jean are you ready to analyse??
Alex, i would not be suprised AT ALL if you did in continuous mode somewhere in the high 3 second range. long live the Protomotive 996TT VRALEX style!

Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
It is not the mode used in itself in reality. There is a set of criteria that have to be met in the runs and that confirm the accuracy of a run, just like a drag slip and intermediate times or a 60ft that does not make sense. I just try to make sure they are all met.

Looking forward for the runs Alex.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by KPG
Actually...no. My best time with 2 shifts was pulled from my 11.77 at 128mph run at the drag strip..I just kept my foot in it thru the traps til 130 and that produced a 8.59 60-130 run. Now I have a lot of tq and I tried the run with a 1 shift 60-130. Again, this was at the drags. I left the line easy in 1st and shifted directly to 3rd at 40 mph and had full boost around 50 and crossed the 60mph threshold with a full head of steam and only needed a quick 3-4 shift...7.93 seconds. The car covered the 60-130 with 1 shift in 1166ft and the 60-130 with 2 shifts in 1241 feet.... BTW VR was 938 ft Kevin
You are correct!!! I shaved off .51 off my 60-130mph with just one shift!! THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Alex, i would not be suprised AT ALL if you did in continuous mode somewhere in the high 3 second range. long live the Protomotive 996TT VRALEX style!
Thanks for the vote of confidence...and guess what.....with the car set to KILL mode..I DID in Summary mode!!

Here are the results:
With the AX-22 in 'Summary Timing' and the car at 3/4 tank of C16 and the boost set to KILL, with on shift (3-4) yielded a best of 3.89seconds 60-130mph!! The car pulled SO hard on that run, I had to re-grip the steering wheel...my passenger turned pale white after the run and did not want to be part of anymore 'testing'...however I repeated the run with two 'easier' powershifts(2-3 and 3-4) and yielded again a 4.40second 60-130mph..
With the AX-22 in 'Continous' mode and with the same factors (did not powershift this time..because I only have one pair of underwear in the car) I yielded a best of 5.34seconds 60-130mph!!!
Now thats a 1.45second difference....what is going on??? I would love to have an explanation for the variation in timing on the two runs...granted I did not powershift on the second run but could that account for 1.45seconds???...on a regular shift (2nd run) the car did have to re-spool the turbos as opposed to the power-shift where I only get about .2bar of boost loss...the AX-22 devise is suppose to be VERY ACCURATE....so then why the difference?? Does a "regular" shift with the boost having to re-spool add 1.45 second to the 60-130mph as opposed to a WOT "Powershift" where the boost loss is minimal???....that is the question for Dr.Jean... Attachment 44112

Dr.Jean...you have mail....and thank you again for taking the time to review all this info...

Last edited by VRAlexander; 11-29-2006 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:51 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Kevin, I am just trying to understand a test that seems (in my confused opinion) to have several different variables that can affect the outcome and times. When similar vehilces are being tested (Ie 996TT's and GT2's) wouldn't the speed one starts at make a difference in the 60-130? (I know you explained it before) but I am still not getting it. If somebody starts their 60-130 right at 60 (Mashing the pedal like Jean said) the car is surely going to run a slower time than a car starting at say 10mph.
Now you're getting it. WHATEVER IT TAKES. DO WHATEVER GETS YOU THROUGH THE 60-130 THE FASTEST.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
You are correct!!! I shaved off .51 off my 60-130mph with just one shift!! THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence...and guess what.....with the car set to KILL mode..I DID in Summary mode!!

Here are the results:
With the AX-22 in 'Summary Timing' and the car at 3/4 tank of C16 and the boost set to KILL, with on shift (3-4) yielded a best of 3.89seconds 60-130mph!! The car pulled SO hard on that run, I had to re-grip the steering wheel...my passenger turned pale white after the run and did not want to be part of anymore 'testing'...however I repeated the run with two 'easier' powershifts(2-3 and 3-4) and yielded again a 4.40second 60-130mph..
With the AX-22 in 'Continous' mode and with the same factors (did not powershift this time..because I only have one pair of underwear in the car) I yielded a best of 5.34seconds 60-130mph!!!
Now thats a 1.45second difference....what is going on??? I would love to have an explanation for the variation in timing on the two runs...granted I did not powershift on the second run but could that account for 1.45seconds???...on a regular shift (2nd run) the car did have to re-spool the turbos as opposed to the power-shift where I only get about .2bar of boost loss...the AX-22 devise is suppose to be VERY ACCURATE....so then why the difference?? Does a "regular" shift with the boost having to re-spool add 1.45 second to the 60-130mph as opposed to a WOT "Powershift" where the boost loss is minimal???....that is the question for Dr.Jean... Attachment 44112

Dr.Jean...you have mail....and thank you again for taking the time to review all this info...

I'm not extremely familiar with the sizing of porsche turbos but given the displacement of the motor and losing the spool very well could drop 1+ sec from the 60-130 time.

When you make the 2-3 shift, where does the rpm drop to? And if you were just driving along in 3rd gear at say 70mph, put your foot to the floor, at what rpm do the turbos really spool up? I would think a dual ball bearing setup would hold the spool fairly well but without datalogging all the pressures/backpressure it's really hard to say.

At any rate 3.8 isn't bad at all. Any idea what it will run 100-150 in doing just a 4th gear roll?

Or if you're feeling a little wild, 80-210

The tests we did had a TT Viper running:
100-150 in 5.9 (roughly 750rwhp on pump gas)
100-150 in 3.9x (110 octane, more boost)
80-210 in 10.x

Hey any chance you want to bring that monster TT out for a standing mile race? Going to be lots of crazy cars showing up in March.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:28 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Does anybody have one of these in Az? I would love to test it on my car. I am going on a run on Sunday and it would be sweet to try in on other cars as well.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:21 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Vicious
I'm not extremely familiar with the sizing of porsche turbos but given the displacement of the motor and losing the spool very well could drop 1+ sec from the 60-130 time.

When you make the 2-3 shift, where does the rpm drop to? And if you were just driving along in 3rd gear at say 70mph, put your foot to the floor, at what rpm do the turbos really spool up? I would think a dual ball bearing setup would hold the spool fairly well but without datalogging all the pressures/backpressure it's really hard to say.

At any rate 3.8 isn't bad at all. Any idea what it will run 100-150 in doing just a 4th gear roll?

80-210 in 10.x

Hey any chance you want to bring that monster TT out for a standing mile race? Going to be lots of crazy cars showing up in March.
Here is the 3.89second 60-130mph run: Attachment 44117

If you extrapolate from my 4.4second run:
Attachment 35370 60-130MPH in 4.4 seconds
Attachment 35371 50-100MPH in 3.27 seconds
Attachment 35372 50-150MPH in 6.29 seconds in .17 of a mile

So this would yield a 3.02second 100-150MPH..

I would love to do the standing mile...check your PM...

Last edited by VRAlexander; 11-09-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vicious

80-210 in 10.x

Is this an event or just people getting together, i would fly down to see this

Old 11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by iLLM3
While your there...DONT BLINK..you could miss it!!

One of the events:
http://www.texasmile.com/

Old 11-09-2006, 01:44 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !

One of the events:
VR... Congrats. I am still having a hard time comprehending that time .Well done. Kevin

Old 11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

One of the events:
LOL im def. coming down to see it

Old 11-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
No no these are full on sanctioned events. Usually taking place on a huge runway (see 300ft wide, 10k ft long, all concrete ) A place where it's relatively safe to run ***** out for a mile straight.

Nobody has really come out with any HUGE numbers yet but from the sound of things that will all change in 07'. A couple purpose built racecars, Hennessey bringing his twin turbo viper comp coupe, SVS with their shop car, and a few very crazy street cars.

If a couple of you guys with really nasty TT's would come out and play with the vipers and supras it would be a blast.

Oh and by "no huge numbers" they are running 217-220 on street tires. It sounds fast but ultimately it's not all that hard to achieve. I'm waiting for someone to kick it up by 20 or so mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please provide your 60-130 times