996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please provide your 60-130 times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Please provide your 60-130 times

If you have 60-130 times that you've obtained from either a Racelogic Driftbox or AX-22 GPS based performance computer, and you'd like to have them posted in the list I'm compiling, please provide the graphs in the below linked thread so that I can have them verified and added to the list.

The mph/kph conversion for 60-130 mph is 96.5 - 209.2 kph...and I'll gladly accept those times too.

In the 1st post of the below thread, you'll see that I have already started a small list just below the 1/4 mile trap speeds. I'll need the following information along with the times/graphs:

-Type of computer used (Racelogic, AX-22, etc...)
-Type of car
-Modifications to car
-If TT, AWD or RWD conversion.

Thanks!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...327#post673327

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-29-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:15 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
2001 996TT
PSI 480 ECU (k-16's), PSI Quiet exhuast (since has been sold)
Stock AWD with 19" tires/wheels
Crap 92 Octane gas (2) shifts
60-130 mph (on my AX-22) verified by the truthkeeper Jean, when I emailed
him my file. (BTW) 160 mph indicated == 159 on AX-22 GPS.

It feels faster but you know how "feelings" are...

Old 10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
2001 996TT
PSI 480 ECU (k-16's), PSI Quiet exhuast (since has been sold)
Stock AWD with 19" tires/wheels
Crap 92 Octane gas (2) shifts
60-130 mph (on my AX-22) verified by the truthkeeper Jean, when I emailed
him my file. (BTW) 160 mph indicated == 159 on AX-22 GPS.

It feels faster but you know how "feelings" are...
Got it, bro. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Great thread scott, i have videos of myself doing it now and in 9 second range, but that was wheni was awd and before a few things. Tomorrow i will starting the official test's thanks to Kevin!

Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
I think its a puch from a 60mph roll...

Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9.grand
Out of curiosity - are you punching it from a 60mph roll or are you punching it at a lower speed and automatically starting the clock when you pass 60mph?
How i did it before on all of my videos i went from lets say steady 40mph or 60mph punching it to 1xx.. I found out that the mags and the way everyone does it is to start from a lower seed then start counting at WOT from that point!

Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by iLLM3
How i did it before on all of my videos i went from lets say steady 40mph or 60mph punching it to 1xx.. I found out that the mags and the way everyone does it is to start from a lower seed then start counting at WOT from that point!
really??? wow, didn't know that. I always thought it was from a steady speed...

Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
So you have full boost when you hit xx mph right?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:20 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 9.grand
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. If you punch it at 60mph then you'll need to brake boost or you'll lose some time while the turbos spool, even on a car without much lag. If you punch it at say 30mph and come blasting by 60mph with full boost and a lot of momentum already built up it'll cut way down on your result times.
as long as its all done the same way its all good. i think the full boost as u pass xx mph is the best way. funny sig man!

Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 AM
Alright....for the sake of consistency, let's say everyone starts full acceleration at 40 mph.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:17 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever makes you go faster by 60mph to each his own I guess. I have not tried different ways, I typically get to about 50mph and then slam the throttle.

Videos and stop watches can be all over the place, the accurate way to measure this as a benchmark is through a GPS datalogger. We have seen very often 1 second or more differences between our stop watch/video times and a GPS datalogger.

What does matter is whether it was done with one shift or two and it should be disclosed (it can be seen on the datalogs anyway).

Old 10-31-2006, 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by Jean
Whatever makes you go faster by 60mph to each his own I guess. I have not tried different ways, I typically get to about 50mph and then slam the throttle.

Jean - do you recommend everyone starts at 50? I’m totally open to what you guys recommend….I'm only concerned about consistency and accuracy for comparison purposes. I don’t know these data loggers nearly as well some of you guys do, so the more info I get on what’s best…the better.

Videos and stop watches can be all over the place. The accurate way to measure this as a benchmark is through a GPS datalogger. We have seen very often 1 second or more differences between our stop watch/video times and a GPS datalogger.

Agree 100%!

What does matter is whether it was done with one shift or two and it should be disclosed (it can be seen on the datalogs anyway).

I have no problem with disclosing the amount of shifts as added information….but in reality…during a roll-on race between two cars, if one car loses because he had to shift one extra time than the other guy…so be it. He still lost. I just want to see who can go the fastest from 60-130, regardless of how many shifts it takes him.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-31-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Jean - do you recommend everyone starts at 50?
Scott, it does not really matter, you will be at a certain RPM at that speed regardless how fast you were coming. It really depepnds on the preferences of each driver.
I have no problem with disclosing the amount of shifts as added information….but in reality…during a roll-on race between two cars, if one car loses because he had to shift one extra time than the other guy…so be it. He still lost. I just want to see who can go the fastest from 60-130, regardless of how many shifts it takes him.
I agree, if what we want to see only is who does the fastest time, however if we are trying to establish how cars compare HP-wise or compare vs. magazine tests etc. then there needs to be consistency, all Porsche cars will go through 2 gear changes from 60-130mph if they start from zero like a quartermile (996TT will be 2nd-3rd-4th, 993TT will be 3rd, 4th, 5th)
I think as long as it is known, it is no issue, however the times will not be comparable to magazines.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jean
Scott, it does not really matter, you will be at a certain RPM at that speed regardless how fast you were coming. It really depepnds on the preferences of each driver.

I agree, if what we want to see only is who does the fastest time, however if we are trying to establish how cars compare HP-wise or compare vs. magazine tests etc. then there needs to be consistency, all Porsche cars will go through 2 gear changes from 60-130mph if they start from zero like a quartermile (996TT will be 2nd-3rd-4th, 993TT will be 3rd, 4th, 5th)
I think as long as it is known, it is no issue, however the times will not be comparable to magazines.
I agree. The only issue would be, what are we going to post as results, 1 shift or 2?

Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
I just want to see who can go the fastest from 60-130, regardless of how many shifts it takes him.
Words to live by. Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please provide your 60-130 times