996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How much HP to the crank can the 996TT run with no additional fuel and engine work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:41 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dock (Atlanta)
Who are you buying the ECU and ZC upgrade from?
Kevin doesnt make 18g Mitsubishi compressor wheel turbos!!!!! Kevin

Old 10-29-2006, 10:43 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Does'nt Promo make those?

Old 10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Does'nt Promo make those?
Thank You. Kevin
BTW Dock, you can get Kevin's turbos from other tuners as well.... but you knew that.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by KPG
I know that, but what does that have to do with my question to him?

Old 10-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally Posted by KPG
BTW Dock, you can get Kevin's turbos from other tuners as well.... but you knew that.
Then why did you tell me?

Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 PM
KPG
Then why did you tell me?
I wanted to see how long you could prolong this post...zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzz.zzz.zz.z

Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
I wanted to see how long you could prolong this post...zzzzzzzzzz...zzzzz.zzz.zz.z
What? You post something that prompts a response from me, and you somehow then tag *me* with prolonging this "post" (did you really mean "thread")?

Very strange.

BTW, is there some limit on the number of posts that can be entered on any one thread?

Old 10-29-2006, 11:59 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Man you guys are hitting the sauce early tonight!! You`re scaring off the chaps who are seeking tuning information !!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 12:58 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikerosi
Man you guys are hitting the sauce early tonight!! You`re scaring off the chaps who are seeking tuning information !!!!!!!!!
haha .... so true , so true

Old 10-30-2006, 08:15 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
BTW, is there some limit on the number of posts that can be entered on any one thread?
I think you just hit it.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I think you just hit it.
So 22 posts is the maximum? Then what does that make your last post (#25 in this thread)?

Old 11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
well I had 3 different turbo kits in my car.. including ZC stage 5...
I data logged each kit and even ran them at the 1/4 track regularly.
Im not going to say which one was not up to par... but can say that we should not be running these car over 1.3 bars when on a 5 bar FPR... I was leaning out up on top... still doable but but to be on the safe side.... 1.3 bars sustained...
HP to the wheels... at 1.3 bars you will see 550 rwhp... and thats on a 5 bar running low 12s AFRs... that to me is perfect.
at 1.1 bars it should be around 510 rwhp.
one beef I have, now that I have another car to compare with, an evo 8, P car tuners is that they do not offer "controllable boost" via boost controller.
Heck, If IM on 93 octane I want to be at 1.1 bars... if Im on 100 octane and on "race" program- which I had via the flashloader... I would like to be at 1.3 bars and have a tune specific to that...
It only makes sense and IM surprised that most don't see it.
I would not want to run my turbo at the same boost setting on both pump and race gas.
not intended towards any tuner... this is my personal experience and preference.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-01-2006, 06:04 PM
yellowturbo is infamous around these parts
I'm with Marksi on this issue. It would make sense that higher boost would be good with higher octane fuel. In addition, if you're in a lower boost situation (wet roads, or extended track driving), then wouldn't it make sense to have the ability to tone down the boost?

I've always wondered why boost is not something that can be set for most P-car tuners.

It may even be fun to have the low/high boost option available as a steering wheel accessible button, for certain road courses with long straights that would make the trouble worth it.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:33 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
So 22 posts is the maximum? Then what does that make your last post (#25 in this thread)?
No, YOU hit the maximum.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I would not want to run my turbo at the same boost setting on both pump and race gas.
If you had a 1.1 bar program in your car...a program designed for 93 octane...you wouldn't run 100 octane? I don't see how running 100 octane would be a problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much HP to the crank can the 996TT run with no additional fuel and engine work?