996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ADVAN Neova AD07 = Great

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:52 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
ok **** these are next for me...

Old 12-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Faast996TT is infamous around these parts
I have the Neovas on a set of stock 18's and they have been fantastic. I only have about 500mi on them but I couldn't be happier. I also have a set of 19" Michelin PS2's on a set of Kinesis F110's, but you can't really compare the 18's and the 19's.

Great choice.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:28 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by calcareer
I also switched from the PS2's to the Advan AD07's and concur that the turn in response and overall grip is superior.
I did notice that on cold mornings there was some initial tire vibration, but went away aftera few miles of driving. I think these tires are more sensitive to temperatures and require a warmup time for optimal performance.

They do stick exceptionall well for a street tire.
many thanks for the feedback guys. 2 questions then:

1) do you track your cars? how were the tires at the track?; and

2) would you buy the AD07's again for your TT?

thanks!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 06:08 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
I'm also very interested in the feedback on these tires as I hate the PS2's softsidewalls...

Does anyone knows who stocks them in Europe?

The reason for this question is that I asked Damon @ Tirerack for a quote a few months ago and to this day I still haven't received probably since the shipping costs are high.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 PM
ForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these parts
Advan Neova

I have used these tires for about 7 track days this year. Prior to these I only had the stock Pirellis which sucked at the track. While I love the Neovas, they are probably not the best track only tire, but work great for double duty. When new (they have very deep tread) they tended to squirm a bit at the track, however, after about two days they stuck even better with less squirm. For me they are wearing like iron, even with the low treadwear rating they are holding up to abuse much better than the pirellis. That said at the last track day they did seem to be a little less grippy, but it was a little cool out (40's), and they do have a bunch of heat cycles on them. On the street they are a bit noisey with some howl at highway speeds, but that doesn't bother me too much, and they don't seem to be getting any noisier with age. I will be buying these again when this set wears out. hope this info helps.

Dave

Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
vanboost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hesperus

thanks!!!
1) No; N/A
2) Almost certainly.

Cheers!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
So, what a guy needs to know now is, how do the AD07's compare to the RA1's?
Anyone tried both?

Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Mike, I'm just guessing here but the RA-1s are a nice soft R-compound tire so on a track they would OWN most tires. The used them here in a few pro race series....

Old 12-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Faast996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
So, what a guy needs to know now is, how do the AD07's compare to the RA1's?
Anyone tried both?
RA1's are an R compound tire which is designed for the track first and street second. It will be far superior in dry weather grip compared to the Neova. However, driving around on the RA1's is tough as they kick up all kinds of rocks and debris and beat up your paint as they throw rocks up. The Neovas are a great street tire that will perform well at the track but not up to par with an R compound tire.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Sharkey, Faast996TT - thanks for the reply. That's kinda what I thought. I did drive with the RA1's for a couple of weeks, in the rain, at tempuratures just above freezing. They performed significantly better than I would have ever dreamed.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:16 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Nice review, fellow Vancouverite.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:10 AM
bond is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hesperus

thanks!!!
1/No

2/Struggling with whether I would buy again - Drove 40 miles today - does not seem to be cold related - perhaps sidewall stiffness is setting up some sort of resonance or ? Frustrating since I know I won't like the soft sidewalls of the PS2's after the amazing control these offer, but who enjoys feeling a subtle buzzing vibration after 85 mph? This car was liquid smooth pre-AD07's

Bond

Last edited by bond; 12-12-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:11 AM
AD07's are history after 4000 miles - tired of NVH

Follow-up to my previous posts, the AD07's are history after 4000 miles - tired of NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness).

Just put a set of PS2's on yesterday, its hard to believe that all of the strange resonances (some only under acceleration, but not cruise), sounds, banging over bumps, and low frequency droning was all caused by tires (yes, I re-balanced and repositioned on stock rims which were tested to be true to 0.004"). These issues were with fully warmed tires as well. It was getting so bad towards the end that I was half-expecting to uncover some other issue at least contributing to the NVH after the PS2's were on - nope, all AD07 tires, PS2's solved the NVH issues.

1200.00 Lesson

Bond

Last edited by bond; 02-15-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:24 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
All tires do this at the end of their life cycle, so I do not thing this is
tire specific. Often times when replacing old or worn tires, it drives like
a "new car".

MK

Old 02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
All tires do this at the end of their life cycle, so I do not thing this is
tire specific. Often times when replacing old or worn tires, it drives like
a "new car".

MK
The tires had the NVH from mile one and went downhill from there.....

In my post I advised that, when removed, these tires had only 4000 miles on them. With 60% tread left on rears, 80% on fronts. I do not believe that "end of life" degradation issues were (or should be) an issue here.

Bond

Last edited by bond; 02-15-2007 at 11:51 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ADVAN Neova AD07 = Great