996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Another $179k Salvage Wicked Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 12:00 AM
oneflystud is infamous around these parts
i personally dont like any of the cars from wicked

Old 11-05-2006, 12:04 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
that guy needs to stop what hes doing to our gorgeous cars.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:12 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if they have even sold any of those mutant beasts? All of the cars in the group pic were listed at one time or another on ebay.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
No ****. Check out the Wicked V flow.
I like the hard piped Y-Pipe. Anyone know what that hose thing is hanging over the V-Blow?

Old 11-05-2006, 03:26 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
a little overboard....if they just pulled it back just a little....could of been a winner.

Its one of those more money than taste issues again....

Old 11-05-2006, 06:42 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i don't understand the what all the griping is about this car.

they're using parts we see on everyone's cars on this forum. nothing too outlandish here besides the price. techart style front end. 997TT rear bumper, what appear to HRE wheels in black, GT2 rear wing blade, what appears to EVO performance parts, a normal color (not a chamelon job or something nasty), etc... the widebody job looks as good as the other two widebody jobs i've seen on here so far.

i don't really see the fit issues either. looks fine to me. so what if the tips are crooked. i bet if you line a 100 996 cars up and looked from the back, about half would be crooked too. mine are....

that being said, i still wouldn't pay 180K for a salvage titled car. however this car does have about 20K in bodywork and another 20K in performance mods. figure in 80K for the car with the weak title. maybe 130-40K would be more appropriate. guess you'd have to find out why the car had a salvage title. is it a theft recovery or was it under water? who knows....

Old 11-05-2006, 07:03 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
One word folks.... "Wicked"

Old 11-05-2006, 08:39 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95

they're using parts we see on everyone's cars on this forum. nothing too outlandish here besides the price. techart style front end. 997TT rear bumper, what appear to HRE wheels in black, GT2 rear wing blade, what appears to EVO performance parts, a normal color (not a chamelon job or something nasty), etc... the widebody job looks as good as the other two widebody jobs i've seen on here so far.

i don't really see the fit issues either. looks fine to me. so what if the tips are crooked. i bet if you line a 100 996 cars up and looked from the back, about half would be crooked too. mine are....

that being said, i still wouldn't pay 180K for a salvage titled car. however this car does have about 20K in bodywork and another 20K in performance mods. figure in 80K for the car with the weak title. maybe 130-40K would be more appropriate. guess you'd have to find out why the car had a salvage title. is it a theft recovery or was it under water? who knows....

The techart style front end looks awful with the 997 front end conversion. This is also a "wider" wide body than the turbo.
$130-$140k? No thanks. No 04 996TT is worth that. This car is just too much in every way shape & form.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:44 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
The techart style front end looks awful with the 997 front end conversion. This is also a "wider" wide body than the turbo.
$130-$140k? No thanks. No 04 996TT is worth that. This car is just too much in every way shape & form.

I'm sure the guys that will eventually put the techart bumpers on their 997's will appreciate your opinion Although I'm not sure why they carried over the turn signal leds as that one one point that most people did not like about the new tt's. oh well....

I really like the wide body. Porsche is always a bit bland compared to the other exotics out there. The wide body really livens it up a bit, especially with those massive lips on the wheels.

If I had the extra cash, I would send my car over to the Venice Body Shop (or whatever is) in So Cal where the other two cars had their wide bodies done. I love the look. Even the stock turbo is not wide enough for me. Now that I think about it, there were three on here. The guy from Iforged, Eric, and 1317wholesale. They all looked great and nobody *****ed about their cars.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:16 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I'm sure the guys that will eventually put the techart bumpers on their 997's will appreciate your opinion .
I am sure Techart will come up with something new for the 997 Turbo's. This is a 996 tt Techart look front bumper. This Bumber looked bad *** on this 997TT IMO.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zippy
I like the hard piped Y-Pipe. Anyone know what that hose thing is hanging over the V-Blow?

Old 11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
It looks like a boost frequency solenoid for an electronic boost contoller

Old 11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by mikerosi
It looks like a boost frequency solenoid for an electronic boost contoller
Thanks Mike

Mike

Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I'm not sure about facts here. But it seems to me that a salvage car with tremendous body damage would be perfect for Wicked since ALL the parts are replaced anyways. Why do you think most of their cars are slavaged?

Old 11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Mike

Mike
Your welcome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another $179k Salvage Wicked Turbo