996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Mod Completed - What you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:55 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
this is old skool, there's a reason why we evolved from this method.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by oak
Do you mean that external wastegates are old school and internal wastegates are preferable?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Mr. Oak,

Are the external wastegates of say Protomotive "old school" and therefore
obsolete ? Or are you saying that unless you run way up the totem pole,
you do not need them?

MK

Old 11-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned
Rambino is infamous around these parts
And how do these compare to the EVOMS External Wastegates?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:42 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by oak
We may have to send Oak BACK to school!

Old 11-10-2006, 01:47 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Might be old school but this car is getting close to 600bhp on k-16's. Pretty impressive!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:13 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
an external wastegate would definitely be preferable to the stock one - assuming you can get tuning right. it's debateable whether an external WG would be preferable to upgraded springs in the stock WG.

an external WG controls boost better - meaning faster. you can keep it closed longer, instead of releasing early, and get to your max boost quicker.

i would love an external WG on the gt700 - mainly just for the sound

- chuck

Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Vivid,
Cheers on the forward thinking on these cars! Why don't all these other "tuners" do something so obvious?

Old 11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hey thanks for the response! Always appreciate the positive reinforcement. We came into the market to think outside the traditional ways. We have successfully done that we companies like JIC, Precision Porsche, Agency Power and more. We are definitely not experts and know it alls like some other people here, but trying to have fun and create affordable, proactive, and new ways of modding.

New springs are in the wastegates, hitting the dyno in about 30mins. Stay tuned!

Old 11-10-2006, 04:59 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
What is included in the kit, please tell me its more then two Tial's, a MBC, and some stainless pipe/flanges. If not, some people are dumber then I first suspected...

Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by mclaren55
What is included in the kit, please tell me its more then two Tial's, a MBC, and some stainless pipe/flanges. If not, some people are dumber then I first suspected...
I think the headers are the main expense.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:54 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Thats what I was mainly asking. I suspected the headers must be included for a price like that, but wasn't sure. I just have an ******* way of asking questions.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by mclaren55
Thats what I was mainly asking. I suspected the headers must be included for a price like that, but wasn't sure. I just have an ******* way of asking questions.
Yeah, it didnt come across too well

Old 11-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mclaren - The kit includes a Nickle, some dental floss, and a jet ski.

The kit will include a pair of headers, 2 Tial Wastegates with flanges and correct springs, vacuum tube, clamps and instructions. No need for the MBC, though we will see. I want the street price to be $1550. Because there is nothing freakin special about Porsche headers compared to other headers. Companies just charged a butt load because of the car. We will probably have them outsourced to get a great price on them. Stay tuned though!

Old 11-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor
PS Rob check your gallery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mod Completed - What you think?