996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Mod Completed - What you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
psss, no time to dyno today. will shoot for tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:21 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
psss, no time to dyno today. will shoot for tomorrow.
Thats not fair, got us all waiting and then... JK

Old 11-10-2006, 09:24 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rwm514
Yeah, it didnt come across too well
I'm genuinely insulted by those rolley eyes, seriously.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
drove the car last night, we were making a 1.1-1.2 bar. will dyno it today or sure

Old 11-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor
ok let the games begin.....

So we replaced the wastegate spring to what we needed. There is actually 2 inside each one now. We left the MBC off as we are at the boost level needed. Upsolute did not get us back the updated fix for the throttle plate closing. So we ran a diode on the which has the throttle plate reading to 4.7volts then flat lining. So the boost gauge on the car maxs out at 1.0bar. No worries the dyno has a boost read out Because we were running 1.1 - 1.2 bar, i will not lie, we put 1 gal of 101 octane in for safe measures. But this is not enough to make huge changes.

Strapped the car down on the dyno. Sprayed water on each intercooler. Fan on the radiator, 2 high power fans on each intercooler duct and one on the intake. Ran the car. You can see the dyno has a dip in the power at 4800-5600rpm, this is the ECU. This is seperate from the gates though. This issue will be worked out with Upsolute or can be worked out with whomever ECU tuning you use. THe point is look at the before and after of the HP and Torque.

The K16's are totally maxed out here. Car starts at 17psi and tapers to 14psi. Air fuel is spot on with no knocking or issues. The wavyness of the curve at the beginning RPM's is the tires spinning a bit on the dyno.

Here is the best part about the external gate setup. As soon as the gates open up, it dumps all the exhaust gas straight to the ground. So aftermarket exhaust are not needed for those wanting a super quiet car for cruising a beast for racing. I pulled up a old dyno of a GT640 car we did on our system with the same parameters and the comparison is interesting.

Going to test these on the K24 X50 we are working on too. This mod is the the best. Game Over! Video coming soon. Sounds like a DAMN IMSA car when the gates open

Old 11-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Dan, all you need now is a twin eprom ECU with 1 regular map and one ***** to the wall map .

Old 11-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor
Well next we are going to work on a big turbo setup.

The wastegates with K24 will be nuts!

The kit will go into production and include headers, wastegates, springs, vacuum line hardware for customers. If anyone is interested, we can take care of them asap.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:48 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Was the car dyno'd with 4WD or 2WD? Whats the advertised flywheel hp then?

Old 11-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor
We have a Mustang AWD 500SE Dyno. We do not test in 2wd mode as numbers read higher. This is real world testing. 20% drivetrain loss.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Holy Moses! Im calculating 657 torque and 546 bhp. Can you really be making that much torque on k-16's?? Im assuming your curves were the solid lines and the gt640 was the dotted, correct?

Old 11-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
No i have that dyno myself. the dyno published is my before and after. A HUGE gain in torque because of exhaust flow increased. The goal of the whole project was to show my before and after with the gates.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
No i have that dyno myself. the dyno published is my before and after. A HUGE gain in torque because of exhaust flow increased. The goal of the whole project was to show my before and after with the gates.
Oh, OK I see now. So you think you can program that dip out? That will be nice. So, lets see that gt640 dyno

Old 11-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor
The dip is no big deal to get Upsolute to assist with the program. You can see the gains by the part addition. Whether it is GIAC, Upsolute, Revo, the part does the job and the ECU will auto recognize. Some of the dip is timing. The point of the project was to show the before and after of the gates. Overall, it increased HP and TQ. I wont post the other dyno out of respect. Unlike that person, I wont trash talk blaintantly.

Last edited by vividracing; 11-11-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
Hi, I had a great time working and brainstorming on the project. I should have the new file ready for upload this week. The Dip in the power is the pesky Drive by wire throttle control closing the throttle down as maximums are being reached in the ecu maps. We should have this issue fixed and the maps rescaled shortly. Its part of RD on making power like this. Its a challenge but I am up to the task. To get us this far I have placed a Diode on the MAP sensor to trick the ecu into thinking its only seeing 1.0 bar instead of the 1.2-1.3 the car is producing. Its an old trick I used for years. Obviously I cant suggest out customers do this as it removes safety features and it makes the in car Boost gauge read 1.0 max. However, It was a part of RD to disable these systems in a closed environment. The true fix is to hit the keyboard and program this out which will be completed soon.

If anyone has a question I am here to help.

Clark Turner

Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Good to see u guys on the Diode thing... but liek u said- the trick is to write it via software.... I have it already

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mod Completed - What you think?