996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Mod Completed - What you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are the experts!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Oh brother.. Why do people resist change so much? Its actualy a great laugh to me that you are suggesting an internal gate to be superior to an external. I am not over spinning K16's at 14 psi. I have the compressor maps right here. Have you plotted the engine on the map? Why would you suggest that the turbos will die at this level? Chip tuners have been running these turbos at this level for years. I see a trend on these forums.... Vendors atacking vendors. Its real shady guys.

Fact External gates flow more exhaust
Fact Ex gates bypass the exhaust system and cats
Fact Ex gates lower EGT by a great deal
Fact Ex gates lower the preturbine back pressure
Fact Ex gates have better response and less lag.
Fact Ex gates simply make more power
Fact ALL race turbocharged race engines use External dump gates including porsche!

Ok, Back to work...

Clark

Old 11-15-2006, 01:00 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
hey, that sounds good!

wanna book the Hercules now

Last edited by 996TT_STEVO; 12-14-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Any other tuners want to have their say?

Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
We are not attacing you but you need to learn your home work about how a WG work until then this is only a scam for the customers..

If you are so nice and good as you say, listen do the big boys when they are nice and try to tell you how things work, thay are only trying to help...

Last edited by SMR; 11-15-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Man, you don't know me at all. I hardly think I was attacking. I am fairly certain you will know when I am. I find it entertaining that you assume that was an attack. Funny. Bit defensive eh?

I had written up a response to all your statements but to be honest I bet it would be a moot point. I think you will find that your generalized statements are a tad off including the Porsche race car statement.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hercules has been booked!

Dan

Old 11-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Hey Todd, thanks for the congrats on us being innovative and doing something different. After the work, the successful tests, and a good insight to alternatives, we appreciate other companies trying to knock us down. We dont go around saying how your products have failed etc. So lets play nice and support each other and know that we each do different work for the better of the community.

If you had a new product I would drive the 10 mins to your shop to learn, but hey thats me. I will let Clark answer your inquiries.
Look, I did not congratulate you for anything and I am not bashing you. You have posted some results and information here that doesn’t tell the entire story as far as I am concerned. I am merely pointing out the gaping holes in the data. Your theory may very well be correct; however what you have posted doesn’t represent this. The way I look at it is I have helped you improve your process by pointing out some details that were not covered. I am done as this is pointless, good luck!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 11-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
LOL Todd sometimes your so big. There is no holes in the data. Everything has been shown from the before dyno, the process of building the kit, the boost, the AFR, the dyno testing, what parts we used. If something is done that is non EVOesq you get scared. You have not done anything here but hijack the thread and bring attention to yourself. Clark our tuner knows a hell of alot about ECU tuning and making power on turbo cars. You should know as you have had him do work with you.

Dan

Old 11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor
For those that are still interested in the concept, we will be doing a video including dyno run, hwy, and street driving. If anyone users wants information on the parts used, dyno sheets, AFR, tuning, boost levels, sound questions, how this mod fits into their cars build, JUST call Clark or I.

Thanks
Dan

Old 11-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor
finally added the sound/video clip. Go comment on this thread -
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...666#post805666

Old 11-22-2006, 01:20 PM
DARKFURY is infamous around these parts
Dan,

Keep innovating. As a 996TT owner, I am very interested in new ideas and products. Let the facts speak for themselves and don't worry about others say.

Everyone told the Wright brothers that a flying machine is impossible....

Old 11-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
cool thanks! Product will be available for sale on our site tonight.

Thanks again!

Old 11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Hey that sounds cool as heck! I was wondering why the Porsche cars don't make that sound. My son had a 94 Supra that sounded like that. I just had Hybrid K24's and wastgates installed (Protomotive) on my 02 TT would I gain anything from your set up? Oh I also have the BOV's, 5 bar PR, ECU (protomotive), and BMC filter.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
We running the twin wastegates and Agency Power Blow Off Valve (http://www.myvividracing.com/showthread.php?t=20583)

Because you would open up the amount of air that flows, you would gain HP and Torque just like on the K16's. Call me to discuss.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mod Completed - What you think?