996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno'd 996 Turbo S with Some Bolt Ons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Dyno'd 996 Turbo S with Some Bolt Ons

Just finished dynoing a friend/customers 2005 Turbo S 996. Pretty cool car and the K24's definitely blow away my k16's. Do I even need to say anything about those brakes!!!

We added the Prototype Agency Power Exhaust, Forged Diverter Valves, and K&N Flat Panel Filter. Strapped it up and gave her hell. Same variables as my 996TT. NO ECU mod yet. That is being reflashed and should be running again tomorrow or Tuesday. Will repost as that should add another 70WHP!!! This is on 91octane too.

Go here for all pictures - http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...ages.php?c=176

Old 11-10-2006, 04:51 PM
yellowturbo is infamous around these parts
are the AFRs supposed to look like that for stock? Max indicated 15.1 ...isn't that on the lean side?

EDIT: just noticed that was during very low RPMs...high RPM AFR look to be right around high 12's low 13s...

Old 11-10-2006, 04:53 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Thats when you first start rolling into it. Most cars idle 14.5+ or under light load. When you load the car, A/F starts dropping, since the injectors are starting to supply more fuel (pulse width). But it does look a little lean up top regardless.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
yellowturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mclaren55
Thats when you first start rolling into it. Most cars idle 14.5+ or under light load. When you load the car, A/F starts dropping, since the injectors are starting to supply more fuel (pulse width). But it does look a little lean up top regardless.
That's strange for a completely stock car...I thought closer to 12.5 was supposed to be where it needs to run?

Old 11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Green is boost and black is AFR.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:01 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
So was it about 450 awtq and 440 awhp? If so, still not quite as much as your car is it dan?

Old 11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
yeah about 440whp and 450TQ with no reflash. We had to reset the dyno so hopefully the configuration is still spot on. I had 450whp and 480tq i think it was about. But i have a reflash and everything else. He is basically stock with a exhaust and k&n filter. So with the Upsolute we are doing, that car should be at like 510whp and 530tq. We will see.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Do you have a dyno slip before you added the exhaust, K&N, etc?

Even though this isn't the sexiest thing to say with all the exotic hybrids out there, I think just strapping on standard k24s may be the best solution for most of us.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:58 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
yeah about 440whp and 450TQ with no reflash. We had to reset the dyno so hopefully the configuration is still spot on. I had 450whp and 480tq i think it was about. But i have a reflash and everything else. He is basically stock with a exhaust and k&n filter. So with the Upsolute we are doing, that car should be at like 510whp and 530tq. We will see.
Hey Dan, appreciate your info and insights. That base line on your X50 should be about 382 to the wheels. Is that exhaust and BO`s really giving it 60whp more?? Did you baseline it without the mods to get a true wheel HP figure? This could skew your flash numbers BIG time. I`m just curious.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:26 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
DAMM awesome numbers without a flash, car looks so nice, minus the sport techno's for me

Old 11-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
mike you cant state a baseline unless you have the same Dyno, same parameters, and same conditions. Some read higher and some read lower.

No we did not do a stock one as the dyno was in use. We wanted to show what the Upsolute reflash does. So we decided to add the simple bolt ons, which add about 30HP. The reflash will be the big one to show the difference with and without

Old 11-11-2006, 10:14 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
mike you cant state a baseline unless you have the same Dyno, same parameters, and same conditions. Some read higher and some read lower.

No we did not do a stock one as the dyno was in use. We wanted to show what the Upsolute reflash does. So we decided to add the simple bolt ons, which add about 30HP. The reflash will be the big one to show the difference with and without
OK Dan that makes sense. That way you will definately know what the Upsolute chip will make in terms of HP. Does Rene have to tweak the program to take in account the BOV`s?

Old 11-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
We are running Forge Diverter valves. Designed to strictly hold the boost more constant then the factory valves which leak. So does the ECU tuning need to reflect this mod, no not really.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor
Bringin this back for topic.

We got the Upsolute back and it appears there is some controversy.

The X50 should have 50 more HP then a stock TT right? If so then our car dynoed at 330 stock so this should be 380 stock. With a 20% drivetrain loss that would make the cars FLYWHEEL HP at 456ish, right? So, since we bolted on the Fabspeed Exhaust, Forge valves, and K&N flat panel, that would at max add about 20-30 HP. Bringing in theory the cars WHP to about 400-410ish.

The initial run of this car put down 444WHP and 449Torque making about .8-1.0bar of boost. See dyno on page 1.

The redyno of the car yielded the EXACT same A/F ratio and made about 1.2bar. It put down 457whp and 482torque. Same dyno parameters, conditions, etc.

So... Either the Upsolute flash was wrong, impossible, or this car was already flashed. It was most likely already flashed with GIAC as they quote on sites about a 50/60 gain. That would bring it to the numbers of 441 and 449. So reflashing it with the Upsolute which is more aggressive brought the numbers up a little. We are trying to still figure this car. The owner bought it from a dealer used so we dont know what was on it before. So it seems i was wrong in my first post, but who knows as Upsolute is comparing data and will get back to us

Dotted is before and solid is now.

Dyno done today 11/21/06

Last edited by vividracing; 11-22-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:38 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Nop! X50 are rated at 450PS and others at 420PS, 30bhp difference not 50. As I said on the RUF 550 thread this car was already remapped.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd 996 Turbo S with Some Bolt Ons