996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

purchase of GT2 continued

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
purchase of GT2 continued

hmm, it seems I cannot edit my above post so I will continue here...

My friends wife has fallen ill, and she cannot ride in his GT2 and has infact begun to develop a phobia of the car, so he, being the consumate gentleman, does not drive the car much anymore (and hence the 2800 miles).

He knows that I am about to sink 30 plus K into an engine build and TT into my G35, and has suggested that instead I purchase his gt2. I responded that I surely cannot come close to the purchase price plus 70K in upgrades he has sunk into it, but he is willing to sell it to me for 100K. He claims that he could get 140K for it but doesn't want to go through the hassle. Please keep in mind that he is an exceptional person and 40k for him is only a few weeks salary.

However for me, 100 K is a very big deal. Nonetheless, it is a very good price for this car, yes?

So my question is, just how good of a deal am I getting, and if I get into a bind, will the car be difficult to sell (to be honest, I am falling in love w/ the car and would like to keep it forever).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:45 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
A Gt2 at $100k is a steal, regardless of mileage year or mods.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
The car would sell in a HEARTBEAT if you ran into tough times!

Goodluck with the purchase! What mods...and of course PICTURES!

Old 11-12-2006, 01:48 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Again like i said, do it

Old 11-12-2006, 01:50 AM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
If you don't give me his number because I will

Old 11-12-2006, 02:22 AM
ronny ghazal is infamous around these parts
If there is nothing wrong with the car, it is a great buy. Have a prepurchase inspection done at P dealer, even if your best friend is selling you the car. You want to keep him as your best friend, so no surprises.

The break that you are getting in the price of the car can fix a lot of things that are not perfect, so keep that in mind.

RG

Old 11-12-2006, 07:16 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ronny ghazal
If there is nothing wrong with the car, it is a great buy. Have a prepurchase inspection done at P dealer, even if your best friend is selling you the car. You want to keep him as your best friend, so no surprises.

The break that you are getting in the price of the car can fix a lot of things that are not perfect, so keep that in mind.

RG
It might sound silly but if I was selling a 2300mile GT2 to a friend I'd be surprised if he asked a PPI even if asking for a PPI is the correct thing to do. I say DO IT, don't do PPI and learn how to drive the car and respect it at ALL times.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Act like Nike and just DO IT. You will NOT be unhappy with your decision.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Deal of the century. If it is a clean/no problem car of course.

Like Bajo said, JUST DO IT.

You will never EVER be able to find a 2800 mile GT2 for that price if it is like I said before a car with a clean history.

Do this:

1) Go to www.porsche.com/usa

2) Click on "Pre-Owned Vehicles" and then "Pre-Owned Search."

3) Then click on "Pre-Owned Search USA."

4) In the "Model" section scroll down and click on "911 (996)".

5) In the "Derivative" scroll down and click on "GT2".

Then press "Search" and look at the prices that pop up and consider how good of a deal you have.

All the best.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
The $70K of upgrades he has done to the car.............what kind of upgrades are they? And courtesy of which company or companies?

Mods as we all know reduce the price of car drastically. Unless its something special like a Ruf 650 GT2, etc.