996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Orange 996 TT F/S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Were it not for the gheysharkytronic tranny, it would be in my garage with black wheels and a drop....

I even asked the wifey if she'd drive it...

Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
emissary is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Wowww, can you find out if its for sale please???
No problem...I'll let you know Monday afternoon...

Old 11-12-2006, 07:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emissary
Good stuff man i appreciate it

Old 11-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
emissary,

I am also interested. Please PM or better yet start a thread if possible. Much appreciated.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:48 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
The autotrader ad was on the 1st post.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1&cardist=297

Old 11-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Luis,

We are talking about the orange GT2 that emissary saw in his dealer's showroom.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:53 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Luis,

We are talking about the orange GT2 that emissary saw in his dealer's showroom.
Oh, Whoops, my bad. This GT2 is for sale?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old 11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Yup that one.

Emissary is not sure if it is for sale. He is going to find out and report back.

Read this.....

I saw it in the "customer showroom" at my local dealership (Carrera Motors) in Bend, Oregon. I don't believe it is for sale. The dealership has a large display garage where customers can rent a parking space to show off one of their cars. They market it as a auto club.

I'll be back at the dealership on Monday and I plan on coercing them to let me have a closer look...

Old 11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Phoenix
emissary,

I am also interested. Please PM or better yet start a thread if possible. Much appreciated.
Will do...like I said, it was located in the customer display garage, so it does not immediately appear to be for sale. However, I do know that sometimes the dealership keeps "new arrivals" in the same area.

I'll get the full rundown when I go to the dealer on Monday and report back.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:10 PM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Isn't there supposedly only 1 Orange GT2 in the States?

Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
Isn't there supposedly only 1 Orange GT2 in the States?
I believe that is correct.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Oddly enough, I think the color fits the TT nose/body better than the GT2.

I really want to see it with black wheels. Yum.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Orange GT2 at Dealer Update

Ok, so let's get the bad news out of the way first. I went back to my local dealer today and the orange GT2 is indeed a customer car; it is sadly not for sale.

It appears to be a 2002 or 2003 GT2 (based upon the fact that it had the old-style shifter). It had lots of carbon fiber pieces: rear wing blade, mirrors, and the GT2 front nose vent. The car looks exactly like the (much larger and higher quality) picture LUIS95993 posted. I was able to sneak a picture of the car; my apologies for the cell phone photo quality, but it was the best I could do:

While the color looks somewhat metallic in the picture above, it is not; the color is very reminicent of the flat orange used on Lamborghini Gallardos.

Here's the story the salesman related regarding the car (I have no way of confirming any of this information, but here's what he said):
  • The car was ordered "paint-to-sample" to the orange color based upon a paint sample (thus, it is not a regulation Porsche color).
  • Porsche apparently refused to paint it to the prescribed color (why they would do this is beyond me, but this is what I was told).
  • Apparently the buyer employed some of his connections (allegedly Jerry Seinfeld) to "convince" Porsche to proceed.
  • Porsche proceeds and the car is built and painted to spec.
  • The buyer then changes his mind.
  • Carrera Motors in Bend, OR, then picks up the car and sells it to a local buyer.
The salesman could not confirm how many GT2 were orange and/or whether this was the only one...

All I have to say is it was one beautiful car...and judging by the number of rock chips on the bumper, driven often as well...

Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Thanks so much for the info, car is AWESOME, too bad it isnt for sale hah!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
that is the one actaully. it was at Carrera Motors when it first came on the market. it's so lovely...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orange 996 TT F/S