996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche factory in Germany?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:30 PM
GT2_dreamer is infamous around these parts
Porsche factory in Germany?

Going to Germany in the summer and was wondering if anyone knows a good Porsche museum/factory to visit in Germany that would be worthwhile??

TIA

Old 02-11-2004, 05:29 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Porsche has their own museum which is cool....I've never been but seen pics

Old 02-11-2004, 06:12 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
I've been on the factory tour and museum at Stuttgart .

The main Porsche museum is at the Stuttgart factory and is quite disappointing, there's only about 12 cars on show and it's very small ie about 2,000-3,000 square feet only. The factory can be toured, but you cannot just turn-up and get on a tour, it's best to book through your dealer or Porsche Club. You may be able to get in by luck though on the day, just don't plan on it.

There is also the Leipzig factory where they make Cayennes and CGT, but I'm not sure how available tours are there. It's also a long way from anywhere nice ie its in East Germany.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
You need to book a factory tour through your dealer & PCNA in advance. I have never heard of anybody just getting in on a tour, AFAIK they just do not allow it. The Porsche museaum is nice with some great cars, however they do not really have the room to make it as large as the Mercedes or BMW museaums. But it is interesting and worth a visit if you are going to be in Stuttgart, plus it is right next to the factory and near the Porsche Factory Store/Dealership. I do not know if they are offering tours of the Leipzig facility.

Sorry, no pix allowed in the factory.

Pix from my visit to the museaum...

Gruppe B 959 Concept car...

Factory store...

Some cars from the Leipzig facility, I do not think this area is open to the public.

Those Leipzig cars are located at the top level of...

Old 02-11-2004, 10:17 AM
laj_c4s is infamous around these parts
I just returned from stuttgart 2 weeks ago. as noted the porsche museum is ok, but pretty small. you need to arrange for a factory tour mon-fri. you can arrange via dealership or the museum people can help you set it up. leipzig factory tour is avail but it is far away from everything.
we went to the mercedes museum, it really is very nice.
i do find it interesting that porsche has that tiny museum.
roy

Old 02-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
The museum itself is not worth it! Very small!

You MUST visit the MB museum, one of the best around!

A factory tour needs to be booked in advanced.

Techart, Gemballa are near and RUF a few hours away.