996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Enco Exclusive Turbo/GT2 - In Dubai

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Im surprised you don't want to strap a yellow one to the top of your car.
if i had a hardtop, i would probably consider it. not.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:55 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
thats what I said too?
from the way i'm understanding what jean said, isn't the "air recepient" tank his airbox now? the stock airbox looks like it would serve no function, no?

Old 11-15-2006, 08:30 AM
woolyg is infamous around these partswoolyg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Im surprised you don't want to strap a yellow one to the top of your car.
Dam Luis... DDong does not need any suggestions... You won't have to look at it I will...

Old 11-15-2006, 08:35 AM
woolyg is infamous around these partswoolyg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
i guess money can't buy taste yeck. red carbon fiber?? what is the deal with the roof scoop on the red one? is doesn't even appear to functional....
Are you kidding me? If you could buy yellow carbon you would have all over your car... wouldn't he Luis??

Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 AM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Photo Shop Please

Can someone photo shop that scoop on a cabriolet and send it to them. I am sure they will try that next. They can build some T- tops to go around it

Old 11-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Turbo Mike is infamous around these parts
Too RICE for me

Looks like a Porsche mated with a beluga whale. Must have been one hell of a party at Sea World . one question? I wonder how much booze it takes to get a beluga whale drunk?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by woolyg
Are you kidding me? If you could buy yellow carbon you would have all over your car... wouldn't he Luis??
Yes he would. Center console, hood, doors, seat backs, spoiler, key chain etc.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I think the car has a Front Mounted IC? Can you imagine the lag associated with pressurizing all that piping. As far as aesthetics, I have no comment whatsoever.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Dang those are some UGLY tt's! Remove the giant growths please!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
so it's working like a pressurized airbox on a motorcycle then?

if the ducting from the hump is going to straight to the turbos, then why does the car still have the stock airbox? also, it apprears from the pic that the outlet on the turbo that should be connected to the intercooler is not connected. what is the blue pipe in the middle for? this is a confusing setup....

also, how could the hump on the red car possibly be functional? it looks too flat compared to the grey car.
I am not sure what the exact setup is, but I have seen the same thing elsewhere. On the silver car you can clearly see that the 2 orange pipes coming from inside the car are going straight into the turbo inlets, I initially thought they were channeling more air into the intercoolers. 9FF uses a similar setup as well on some of their engines.

I believe that the airbox is not doing anything there, but if this is the case, they must have some sort of MAP sensor fitted somewhere on the manifold through which they calibrate the (modified) ECU readings....Also check out the blue hose going straight into the throttle body, all of this coming through the box inside the car that is in turn getting fresh air from the horrible intake on the roof. The red car is for show.
I am not a mechanic but this is what it looks like to me.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Cedric is infamous around these parts
I like am all besides the silver one.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 PM
luckyluke is infamous around these partsluckyluke is infamous around these parts
May not be very pretty but scoop must help for during 170mph runs on perfect roads that last forever in middle east.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Separated at birth ?

Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 AM
DEANWYSOCKI is infamous around these parts
This Is The Most Disgraceful Thing Ever Done To A Porsche, Who Would Drive This Around Town ? People Would Laugh. No Doubt The Owner Wears A Gold Chain I Am Sure !!!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Porscha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jean
I am not sure what the exact setup is, but I have seen the same thing elsewhere. On the silver car you can clearly see that the 2 orange pipes coming from inside the car are going straight into the turbo inlets, I initially thought they were channeling more air into the intercoolers. 9FF uses a similar setup as well on some of their engines.

I believe that the airbox is not doing anything there, but if this is the case, they must have some sort of MAP sensor fitted somewhere on the manifold through which they calibrate the (modified) ECU readings....Also check out the blue hose going straight into the throttle body, all of this coming through the box inside the car that is in turn getting fresh air from the horrible intake on the roof. The red car is for show.
I am not a mechanic but this is what it looks like to me.
Jean - I believe this is running sequential intercoolers ie. the standard location IC's feeding another IC which is under the rear window fed by the roof scoop (as per DP's Alzen car etc). The orange flexi pipes can be seen coming from the standard IC's. The big blue pipe is the single outlet from the IC's under the window which is feeding the standard throttle body location. I believe the standard air box is in use. They are just using orange flexis to connect the turbo inlets to the plenum before the MAF (as per FVD etc). One intercooler feeding another is not the best solution from what I understand. Hope this helps!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Enco Exclusive Turbo/GT2 - In Dubai