996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hello From The Abyss (and Thank You)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Hello From The Abyss (and Thank You)

Fellow 6Speeders,

Thank you for your inquiries, kind words and thoughts in the following two threads:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=63120

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=53111

I apologize for my recent absence from 6Speed. I am a litigation attorney and I am currently in the middle of a 6+ week real estate fraud trial in Oakland, California. It is an all-consuming endeavor, which leaves me with VERY little free-time.

Some of you have inquired about my car. It is currently running strong. However, it has been a long and windy road, and we are still making adjustments. The fine tuning of a high HP car that has a unique configuration of components and programming (as opposed to an off-the-shelf package) takes a considerable amount to time. Alex’s car took two years to complete, CJV’s car has been under the knife for well over two years, and Markski’s car has been under development for almost a year. My car has the added complication of being a Tip, which presents unique issues that have not been resolved by any of my predecessors. Thus, I must be patient while everything gets fine tuned. Fortunately, I have been able to drive my car during most of the fine tuning process.

Shortly after I received the car back from EVOMS (post repair of blown head gasket), I did a quick run using my AX22 and I was profoundly disappointed with the outcome. I did not complete the run because of a shifting issue (which has since been resolved), but my extrapolated 60-130 mph time appeared to be in the mid 7 second range (this is only an estimate). While a mid-7 second 60-130 time is stellar for any normal human being, and incredibly fast for a 996TT (a stock 996TT does 60-130 in over 11 seconds, and a 996TT Ruf Nardo is over 8 seconds), I expected more considering the nature of my modifications. I initially misinterpreted the results and made an erroneous post here in 6Speed (many thanks to TB993TT and Scott for privately alerting me to my error). I was so upset by the results that I irrationally decided to sell my car. Scott and others offered their support and encouragement, and were good friends to me during this time-period . . . . many thanks guys.

I subsequently discovered that I had two separate boost leaks, and I was making less than 1 bar of boost during my 60-130 run (and was unable to maintain consistent boost). Why didn’t I realize this during the 60-130 run? My OEM boost gauge is inoperative, and I use an after-market boost gauge near the bottom of my center console. It is very difficult to see the gauge, and I am generally unaware of my boost level unless I make a point of monitoring it during a particular run. Given the shifting issue that I encountered during the 60-130 run, my eyes were focused on the RPM gauge, rather than the boost gauge at the bottom. Once I resolved the shifting issue (it was a programming glitch associated with my attempt to raise my rev-limiter), I turned my attention to monitoring my boost, and I discovered that I was way below intended specifications. The two boost leaks were resolved last week and the car is running MUCH stronger now. Many thanks to Speed Gallery for resolving this issue. Many thanks also to Lucent for their assistance.

After fixing my two boost leaks, Speed Gallery did some data logging on my car. At 1.4 bar, my AFRs ranged from high 10s to mid-11s. EVOMS’ fuel system is performing admirably, with plenty of headroom to run more boost. This week, EVOMS and Speed Gallery are fine tuning the boost for 1.6-1.7 bar, while carefully monitoring the AFRs. They are also fine tuning the timing. I am hopeful that, upon my return to Los Angeles next week, the fine tuning will be complete and my car will be in the power range I desire. I will do a new 60-130 mph run as soon as everything is worked out (my schedule permitting). I am hopeful that I will achieve a time in the 6 second range. Given the considerable weight of my car (Tip and all), and the additional drive-train loss I must endure through the Tip, I will never approach the five second time that Alex has achieved (Kudos my friend).

On the subject of AX22s, I have discovered that the unit is susceptible to gross manipulation and distortion by the user. For example, one can produce a MUCH faster (and inaccurate) AX22 time by calibrating the unit while in motion (I have seen it done). The graph of the run will look amazing, and will not reveal the manipulation. However, the file itself will reveal the distortion. Moreover, I am informed that the “timed” mode produces considerably faster times than the “continuous” mode (my above-referenced run was done in continuous mode). Thus, AX22 graphs are of little value absent a verified file, and everyone needs to use the same mode for comparison purposes.

So that’s where my car currently stands. I must admit that I have become a bit burnt out over the arduous process. I had no idea what I was undertaking when I set sail. In retrospect, I probably bit off more than I could chew, and it is unlikely that I will ever again endeavor to modify a car to the degree that I have done with my 996TT. That being said, I still love the thrill of driving the car on a daily basis. It is an awesome feeling. I haven’t had any noteworthy kills lately, but I did demolish a highly modified EVO recently, along with a couple of Roush Stangs (like I said, nothing to write home about). My most noteworthy experience of late was giving a ride to a hot lesbian (who had just permitted me to ride her – long story), and having her comment at WOT: “Oh my god . . . I just had an orgasm!!” (No joke, exact quote). That single moment made everything I have endured worthwhile!!!

Thanks again to all my fellow car enthusiasts here on 6Speed!!!

Craig

Old 11-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craig
...My most noteworthy experience of late was giving a ride to a hot lesbian (who had just permitted me to ride her – long story), and having her comment at WOT: “Oh my god . . . I just had an orgasm!!” ...
That would make up for a lot! Glad to hear it's coming together for you Craig. Good luck with the trial. Look forward to some performance posts when it's complete and you find some time to do a little testing.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:28 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Thx for the update Craig. Glad to hear your beast is running well. Now on to the important stuff, pics of the hot lesbian needed asap!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Craig dammit.. you're so close yet you didn't stop in? I mean what's with that.. and you had a lesbian? Come on man, where's the love

Good to see you around!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Craig dammit.. you're so close yet you didn't stop in? I mean what's with that.. and you had a lesbian? Come on man, where's the love

Good to see you around!
Lol! Ill be here for several weeks. Ill try to swing by. How far are you from Oakland?

Craig

Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
ajax1964 is infamous around these parts
I think you've created a new speed rating: The sub 7 second lesbian orgasm...I'd say that should be the new benchmark for us all to aspire to

Old 11-15-2006, 12:02 AM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear from you Craig, also great to hear the car is heading in the right direction. Hope all goes well with the trial, cant wait to hear more kill stories in the coming months.

-Markus-

Old 11-15-2006, 12:12 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Great to hear things are on-track...s*cks when work gets in the way of our fun.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
With all that being said... we are glad ur back.. we started to worry...
BTW- evos are very fast cars... so beating one is a major kill... IF you don't believe me... ask me I have both

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Nice to hear from you Craig. Having a local shop of professionals like Speed Gallery is very key. Imagine if you lived somewhere where you didn't have ready access.

You're a lot of our heroes for taking your car to previously unheard of levels (and of course for the lesbian encounter). Keep the kill stories cuming.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Craig,
We are all happy to hear you car is running perfectly and you are well,
pop in when the trial is over.
The car you have created is killer and the endeavor is admirable!

Marty

Old 11-15-2006, 10:46 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Lol! Ill be here for several weeks. Ill try to swing by. How far are you from Oakland?

Craig
Hehe.. hmm about 25 miles? We're south on the 880 and right off of it If you do swing by, I'll go over that whole process with my old and new car with you. We got it sorted out

Old 11-15-2006, 10:57 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Craig, good to have you back and hear you are OK. Cars are like women they always need TLC.
The "orgasm" comment is well worth it as I am sure you found out,

Bajo

Old 11-15-2006, 12:25 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear from you Craig. Great write up.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:50 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
You're nuts Craig! Good to hear from you, see ya around

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.