996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Small clip of My car beating a gixxer 1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
I agree with most on this post, it "looks" like the bike won. Until I see the other video to prove otherwise. I do not think a "stock" mode TT can touch a 1000 cc sport bike.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:40 PM
acr-c is infamous around these parts
I honestly don't know what you all are talking about. In the video, the bike jumps out ahead of Don, that is true. By the time the bike and car cross directly in front of the person filming, the bike is out in front about 1.5 car lengths. The entire clip is 17 seconds long. Approximately 15 seconds into the clip, Don is in front at least a fender length. 16 seconds into the clip Don has completely cleared the bike. The bike appears to be accelerating hard the entire 17 seconds. The rider doesn't appear to have quit.

Additionally, Don notes that his car was in stock mode or bull**** mode versus the race mode. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that he means he was in a lower octane mode, perhaps tuned for 91 octane. The race mode likely refers to a 100 octane mode.

Just some thoughts.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:10 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Given the light weight and trap speed of DMK's car I do believe that he can walk a 1000cc bike at freeway speeds...That video was not taken at a good angle and given the distance of travel it told a perspective view point...

Here is an example of what happened to a modded ZX12R (he claimed 185whp) at around a 60mph freeway roll on racing against my turbo...the last run I turned the boost up and the video shows the result....

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...1210fe2ff3.htm

I have run several GSXR's and R1's on the freeway with about the same result...My money is on Don's turbo against a 1000cc bike on the freeway...
This all depends on the year and vintage 1000cc bike!For example a 1990 to 2000 gsxr runs the 1/4 in the high 10's @ 125-129.These bikes a GT700 will walk.A 2005 + gsxr or R1 will simply destroy a gt 700 of any vintage. Trust me been there done that!It won't even be close.They trap high 140 to 150 mph on the regular when they are stock!

Alex, as for your car against that zx-12 if you trap 152-156 as you state then this is a good race.But i watched the video and you killed that bike and had a good 10mph on him.This tells me either that guy can't ride to save his life(probably, judging from the saddle bags ),or that bike don't make 184 at the tire or he let off.I have seen many guys get on these bikes and run mid 11's at the track because they are afraid of them!The problem is you guys have to make sure your running a bike with a competant rider in order to gauge your cars.Its even more dependent on the rider with bikes than it is drivers with cars.Hell, I beat my buddy on his Bus with my stock C6 ZO6 from 50 -100mph cause he can't ride,but that don't mean my ZO6 is gonna run 9's!!

Old 12-12-2006, 02:14 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
This all depends on the year and vintage 1000cc bike!For example a 1990 to 2000 gsxr runs the 1/4 in the high 10's @ 125-129.These bikes a GT700 will walk.A 2005 + gsxr or R1 will simply destroy a gt 700 of any vintage. Trust me been there done that!It won't even be close.They trap high 140 to 150 mph on the regular when they are stock!

Alex, as for your car against that zx-12 if you trap 152-156 as you state then this is a good race.But i watched the video and you killed that bike and had a good 10mph on him.This tells me either that guy can't ride to save his life(probably, judging from the saddle bags ),or that bike don't make 184 at the tire or he let off.I have seen many guys get on these bikes and run mid 11's at the track because they are afraid of them!The problem is you guys have to make sure your running a bike with a competant rider in order to gauge your cars.Its even more dependent on the rider with bikes than it is drivers with cars.Hell, I beat my buddy on his Bus with my stock C6 ZO6 from 50 -100mph cause he can't ride,but that don't mean my ZO6 is gonna run 9's!!
Joe you are right they are fast in terms of getting down the strip, but on the highway and tripple digit speeds and way up there its a totally diff ballgame. Like 996TT's and Porsche's that dont run the best times at the dragstrip, they hop on the highwaa and act as a MUCH faster car than the number you pull at the strip, you know? The bike is the opposite IMO, it will run those fast times in a short blast from a dead stop or w/e but on the highway they are fairly easy to pull given your car is putting out enough power and the bike is comparable.

I had no problems with gsxr 750's and so on, one i have on film actually that i can rip off a dvd! I also ran a GSXR 1000, but he said he started in 4th gear, rider can mean the outcome also!

Old 12-12-2006, 02:38 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Joe you are right they are fast in terms of getting down the strip, but on the highway and tripple digit speeds and way up there its a totally diff ballgame. Like 996TT's and Porsche's that dont run the best times at the dragstrip, they hop on the highwaa and act as a MUCH faster car than the number you pull at the strip, you know? The bike is the opposite IMO, it will run those fast times in a short blast from a dead stop or w/e but on the highway they are fairly easy to pull given your car is putting out enough power and the bike is comparable.

I had no problems with gsxr 750's and so on, one i have on film actually that i can rip off a dvd! I also ran a GSXR 1000, but he said he started in 4th gear, rider can mean the outcome also!
Hell fucxxing no!
It is a myth that bikes don't run upstairs on the highway.If it runs to 150 on a track faster than a car then it will run to 150 on the highway faster than a car.Trust me, I had a gt 700 and have many friends with bikes that have handed me my *** on the highway.Like I said it depends on year and vintage of sport bikes!Have you ever rode a late model 1000cc sportbike?It will make you turbo and mine for that matter feel like someone put it in limp mode! Problem is many guys have these bikes and can't ride.A zx-12 or Busa when ridden hard on the highway will be hard to keep the front wheel on the ground under 100mph,if you don't see a the wheel come up he ain't on it hard .I know I have a Busa.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hell fucxxing no!
It is a myth that bikes don't run upstairs on the highway.If it runs to 150 on a track faster than a car then it will run to 150 on the highway faster than a car.Trust me, I had a gt 700 and have many friends with bikes that have handed me my *** on the highway.Like I said it depends on year and vintage of sport bikes!Have you ever rode a late model 1000cc sportbike?It will make you turbo and mine for that matter feel like someone put it in limp mode! Problem is many guys have these bikes and can't ride.A zx-12 or Busa when ridden hard on the highway will be hard to keep the front wheel on the ground under 100mph,if you don't see a the wheel come up he ain't on it hard .I know I have a Busa.
Hmm i dont know man, im going off of experience not from what i hear, again i dont know these riders though, but on the exotic runs people have witnessed me run, who knows?! I have never been on a 1000cc bike, only bikes i have ran were GSXR 750, Yamaha R6 and Ninja, whipped em all, then i beat the GSXR1k which my freidn witnessed, but he said he was in 4th gear, im assuming a very high gear at a 50mph roll!

What i was merely pointing out is that, from experience again, i have pulled friends supercharged vipers (over on viper club) which are great drag cars, or other cars who will run a lower timeat the strip than my car, but do not act it at highway speeds, and you know this!

Last edited by iLLM3; 12-12-2006 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:51 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by WyattTT
But he claims to have run him in "stock" form. In full GT700 mode I could see it, bu tI cant see it being detuned
You make a valid point...maybe stock mode is the 91octane program (regardless he is still about 400lb lighter than a stock 996tt)...or maybe on wastegate springs??? You and I know that a stock 996tt would be destroyed by a late model 1000cc bike...

You are correct with the vintage of the 1000cc!! As for the modded 12R that I raced..he does run single digits at the race track and if you look at the Video you can see how his front wheel comes off the ground everytime he shifts....he is a great rider that is not scared to take his bike over 180+mph...As for your analysis...you are correct in your assumption about me having 10mph on him....have you considered the third possibilities about my car (you are a bit off on my trap speed when in "Kill mode")???

Last edited by VRAlexander; 12-12-2006 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:07 AM
If this is true and your car traps 156+ or more like 160 then that is truely impressive!If you are stating this on this forum then why not show some times and prove that a 996 turbo is capable of these times and power.Enlighten me and show me what I am doing wrong.That would mean that your car(full weight 996 turbo w/ awd like mine) would need............ well a lot of fricken hp(more than 1100 @ the wheels).

Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I hardly see any 'full weight" high HP cars...
everyone will cheat(if I can use the word) and not admit that they shaved off 300 lbs. Alex is lighter, DMK is super light.... Scott is RWD..etc... Sharky was as well....
Therefore, as you know.. you do not need as much HP to pull better times...
Im sure the Evoms car that ran the 10.37( I think just like urs gt800) had to be at least 400lbs lighter then you...
Ill be honest, when I go to the track I will be "smart" about it and if I can lighten the car I will.
I have a 999 DUC as well... I know a bit about about bikes Vs. cars... I simply think its useless to compare...
what we really need is all of us to get together and do some highway pulls...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
everyone will cheat(if I can use the word) and not admit that they shaved off 300 lbs. Alex is lighter, DMK is super light.... Scott is RWD..etc... Sharky was as well....
Therefore, as you know.. you do not need as much HP to pull better times...
Im sure the Evoms car that ran the 10.37( I think just like urs gt800) had to be at least 400lbs lighter then you...
Ill be honest, when I go to the track I will be "smart" about it and if I can lighten the car I will.
I have a 999 DUC as well... I know a bit about about bikes Vs. cars... I simply think its useless to compare...
markski
Mark, you are right! There is alot behind closed doors we do not see when people run these great numbers, also on your stg 5 hybrid setup, you were pulling bikes too

Old 12-12-2006, 03:44 AM
markski[/quote]

Mark ya bully! My car hopefully has more in it as I had major upstairs fueling issues and not being able to run full boost!I was at about 20lbs on that 10.55 pass and ran a couple 10.7x at 127 on full boost getting off the gas.Hope you get in the 9's soon.Best of luck!

Old 12-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
markski
Mark ya bully! My car hopefully has more in it as I had major upstairs fueling issues and not being able to run full boost!I was at about 20lbs on that 10.55 pass and ran a couple 10.7x at 127 on full boost getting off the gas.Hope you get in the 9's soon.Best of luck![/QUOTE]
I think I know what ur fuel issue is... ur starving ur sponsons dry... a big pump alone will not solve the issue...
that's why my fuel system was in the $10K range...
good luck.. I know ur car has more... get garrett to custom tune ur car.. it will make a whole lot of difference...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I am not only full weight . . . I am OVER full weight (meaning I weigh more than a full weight 6Speed).

Craig

Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 AM
markski
Mark ya bully! My car hopefully has more in it as I had major upstairs fueling issues and not being able to run full boost!I was at about 20lbs on that 10.55 pass and ran a couple 10.7x at 127 on full boost getting off the gas.Hope you get in the 9's soon.Best of luck![/quote]

I want a ride Joe

Old 12-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Its not the tuning but you are correct a big pump is not the issue.My pump is capable of supporting a 1000+ hp.It was the pickups in the tank.Actually the bigger pump was put on a couple of days before along with larger compressor wheels and it was draining the swell pot before it could be replenished. This was something that couldn't be seen on a dyno as there were no real big g forces present,but at the track under hard launch this showed up.Todd Z had this figured out the next day.Gonna try it this weekend hopefully.Thanks for the advice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Small clip of My car beating a gixxer 1000