996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Small clip of My car beating a gixxer 1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Its not the tuning but you are correct a big pump is not the issue.My pump is capable of supporting a 1000+ hp.It was the pickups in the tank.Actually the bigger pump was put on a couple of days before along with larger compressor wheels and it was draining the swell pot before it could be replenished. This was something that couldn't be seen on a dyno as there were no real big g forces present,but at the track under hard launch this showed up.Todd Z had this figured out the next day.Gonna try it this weekend hopefully.Thanks for the advice.
I figured that that's what it was....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
whipped em all, then i beat the GSXR1k which my freidn witnessed, but he said he was in 4th gear, im assuming a very high gear at a 50mph roll!
haha, a sport bike will do over 50mph in 1st gear, for him to race in 4th is a joke.

Yeah all cars act differently, and TT's should do fairly well on the highway given how slippery they are. It's all a trade off, vipers are not very aero, but have a ton of torque and crazy tall gearing. Which means don't get caught in the wrong gear or you're up **** creek, and a lot less shifting on our part.

And the "I race supercharged vipers" gig is a little lacking IMO. It really doesn't mean much if you line up with a 600rwhp roe blown car vs one with a F2 procharger or pair of 76mm turbos. Lets just say when you play with forced induction vipers, choose your battles wisely, the other guy very well may be making 1100rwhp on pump gas.

That reminds me, I can't wait to see some of the vegas big guns doing some roll on races. Garths GTS, Alex's 996, Couple supras. 80-220 would be a fun run

Old 12-12-2006, 06:26 AM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
3 modes
Stock mode aka porsche stock tunning lower boost
Pump which is 91 more boost and timing
Race which is 26 psi about peaks at 28 100 plus and timing

Old 12-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DMK
3 modes
Stock mode aka porsche stock tunning lower boost
Pump which is 91 more boost and timing
Race which is 26 psi about peaks at 28 100 plus and timing
So you have to be using a boost controller? How else will you control the boost...
If so, funny how tuners refuse to do Boost controllers on cars yet when they build a "special" car they all seem to have one LOL

Im a strong believer in tunning a car for different boost levels that way you have power at ur finger tips...
just my opinion no harm intended...
markski

click to view

Old 12-12-2006, 06:34 AM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
I am with you 100 dif tune never know when you have no gas I lost count of home many times this has happen in my toys

Old 12-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
I usually empty the tank each time via a hose... I have it set up that way so I can switch between gas types fast
markski

click to view

Old 12-12-2006, 09:18 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kiko
I pulled with a nice (mildly tuned) Evo and thats exactly what happened, he pulled 2 or 3 cars due to its nature but as soon as I hitted 120mph (when most of these run out of puff) and I started pullling like crazy.
Kiko are you saying you got smoke till 120Mph by a midle tuned Mitsu EVO with your tuned 996 if you weren´t the one to tell the story would never believe it.

J.Seven

Old 12-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vicious
haha, a sport bike will do over 50mph in 1st gear, for him to race in 4th is a joke.
Actually to be completely correct, most 600 class sport bikes do approximately 82-83mph in first gear (I have a gixxer 600 and its 82mph), the 1000 class have their first gear wind out to 100mph, the GSXR1000 I believe does 102mph in first gear, the ZX10R does 104mph in first gear I believe.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
So you have to be using a boost controller? How else will you control the boost...
If so, funny how tuners refuse to do Boost controllers on cars yet when they build a "special" car they all seem to have one LOL

Im a strong believer in tunning a car for different boost levels that way you have power at ur finger tips...
just my opinion no harm intended...
markski
Perhaps its a lack of confidence in the customer? I know some shops that intentionally don't use a boost controller because the customer doesn't know what he/she is doing and would crank up the boost not knowing the repercussions of doing such a thing.

You know how it is, you give the person a new car fully tuned only can go to 21# of boost, one day they're driving around with friends, and they try 22# of boost, and hmm nothing happens, so they think alright maybe the guy was lying, 23# of boost and so on and so on until it blows. I agree some people just can't be trusted with a boost controller.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Markski,

Could they (Evoms cars without electronic boost controllers) control boost
by adjusting the waste gates ?? I do not know how this all works, I am just asking.

Marty K.

I agree with Viscious on the forced induction Viper advice: if they are UGR, Hennessey, Or Heffner and a sporting
a large Pair of turbos...Get the hell out of the way!
I wonder if Viscious is the gentleman I met in Scottsdale with the Large single turbo Supra (never ran it that day), and the
Heffer (Yellow) twin turbo Viper with well north of 1200 HP ???

MK

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 12-12-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:35 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by J.Seven
Kiko are you saying you got smoke till 120Mph by a midle tuned Mitsu EVO with your tuned 996 if you weren´t the one to tell the story would never believe it.

J.Seven
Hi J.

First of all when I said mildly tuned Evo I meant mild by US standards because its a 400bhp Evo... which is a crazy Evo by portuguese standards...

Second I didn't get smoked... those things just leap forward like frogs when you step on throttle, so he jumped a couple of car lengths instantly but as soon as I changed to 3rd gear it was bye and by the end of 4th gear he was a dot in the rear view mirror.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vicious

Yeah all cars act differently, and TT's should do fairly well on the highway given how slippery they are. It's all a trade off, vipers are not very aero, but have a ton of torque and crazy tall gearing. Which means don't get caught in the wrong gear or you're up **** creek, and a lot less shifting on our part.

And the "I race supercharged vipers" gig is a little lacking IMO. It really doesn't mean much if you line up with a 600rwhp roe blown car vs one with a F2 procharger or pair of 76mm turbos. Lets just say when you play with forced induction vipers, choose your battles wisely, the other guy very well may be making 1100rwhp on pump gas.

That reminds me, I can't wait to see some of the vegas big guns doing some roll on races. Garths GTS, Alex's 996, Couple supras. 80-220 would be a fun run
yea man i figured it was a high gear for a 1000 or any bike, but hey im on viper club america website and friends with all of the NY members, a few personally and again have nothing to hide. There are videos my friend dimitrios has of all of us running but never posted it, its on a DVD disc He is the ONLY ONE who could pull me up until 160 by a CL, he has a roe supercharged RT10 2001, 800 lb half shafts, water meth injection, 10 psi and so on, his license plate is 800 hp and makes 738rwhp, needless to say it doesnt run very "hard" at all, no offence D if your reading this

Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Markski,

Could they (Evoms cars without electronic boost controllers) control boost
by adjusting the waste gates ?? I do not know how this all works, I am just asking.

Marty K.
MK
I agree that tuners do not trust slap happy boost freaks... but on a $130K car with someone thats over 30 years old... I think its a different story... we are not in High School. I have two of them in both of my cars... no problems.

Marty- that's what the EBC does... it adjusts the WGs via the **** on your EBC so u do not have to do it manually underneath the car every time u want to change the boost...

click to view

Old 12-12-2006, 01:05 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
What I am saying is that I believe that is how EVOMS is/was doing it
(maybe temporarily??). Crawing under the car with a wrench and
adjusting waste gates.

MK

Note: I had the magic button/Programming in my 993TT (program by Proto) and I thought
it worked slick, and I barely graduated from College.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
What I am saying is that I believe that is how EVOMS is/was doing it
(maybe temporarily??). Crawing under the car with a wrench and
adjusting waste gates.

MK
yes u can do it temporarily that way....

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Small clip of My car beating a gixxer 1000