996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Buying a car out of state?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:06 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys for the suggestions! I like the idea of going through his local dealer, where he originally bought the car. I'll talk to the buyer and see if we can make that happen. I also looked up an escrow company online, escrow.com. Turns out they are based in irvine too. They will hold the money until I recieve the car for a .06 percent fee, which comes out to $600 on 100k which isnt bad. Have any of you heard about escrow.com ?

Gossett>> I'll take the nicest pics I can when I get it!

Old 11-22-2006, 01:10 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you can fedex the check to the transport company and have them deliver the check when they pick up the car and title.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:53 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys, I just spoke with the buyer. Here's what he is proposing. Sounds good, yeah?

I spoke with the dealer that I am buying the Ferrari from and they said that they can take care of the money transfer "pass thru sale" for the Porsche there. They are also a Porsche dealership. You will send them the money and they will take care of the title transfer and mileage verification with me there with the car. You can arrange to have your shipping company pick the car up there. They have shipping trucks there all the time, many of their cars going all over the US. I will e-mail all the appropriate info to you tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
Call them and make contact with the finance guy so you know who the contact guy is and establish a relationship with him so you feel comfortable with him. I asked about my seller and after talking to the dealer I felt much better about wiring many-tens of thousands of dollars of money to them.

You will probably sleep better afterwards!

Roger

Old 11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
acf
Sounds good, thanks Roger! At 1pm today, the seller is taking the car to get ppi'd at his local porsche dealership. When I get the results I'll let you all know

Old 11-23-2006, 05:23 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
I agree with the fly out idea. the 2nd choice would be to offer the dealer a few bucks to handle the transaction. He might not even want to do it but it would be worth it. '
JB

Old 11-23-2006, 07:41 PM
acf
Looks like the Ferrari dealership where my seller is buying his new F430 will be handling the pass through sale, so I think the transaction will be safe.

The seller just had the car ppi'd and checked out at his local porsche dealership today btw. Everything came up perfectly clean. I talked to the porsche service manager over the phone once he was done the ppi. He said that he couldnt even tell the ceramic brakes have ever been used and that the car is like new!

Everything is looking good for the transaction to happen on friday, hopefully the shipping company can pick it up on monday and then all I can do is wait...

Old 11-23-2006, 07:43 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Good for you man!! congrats!!!!

Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
acf
Oh also, I had him take a picture of the emission sticker on the car. Looks like it's california certified as well right?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:41 PM
amestyan is infamous around these parts
agree, need to do in person with this type car

Old 11-23-2006, 08:49 PM
acf
You guys dont think going through an established Ferrari dealership is enough?

Old 11-25-2006, 04:44 PM
acf
I just posted in the Ferrari section as well, but we are going to go through www.magcars.com, The Midwestern Auto Group for the pass through sale. Does anyone here live in that area or have experience with them?
Would be nice to do a little background check before the deal goes down monday. Thanks guys

Coming soon!

-Aaron

Old 11-28-2006, 04:49 PM
acf
just an update, the car is at magcars as of today, ready for the pass through sale. We're going to work out the paperwork and the payments over the next few days and the car is going to be picked up on friday dec 1, and should arrive in california in around 8 days!

Im going with this shipping company, I saw a few old posts reccomending these guys. They were the only ones that could get it here within a reasonable time, everyone else was booked out two more weeks.

http://www.movecars.com/transporters/leemar/leemar.htm

Old 11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
Aaron,

Good luck and keep yourself busy until it gets there! I couldn't wait until the truck got there with my car.

This is the only way to get a car. I have always flown out & driven the cars back in the past and I was never really comfortable until I was on home turf.

You will love the car. Keep us posted.

Roger

Old 11-29-2006, 04:49 PM
acf
Thanks Roger!

Another update, I recieved the paperwork from the pass through dealership today via overnight fedex. Filled out all the paperwork, went to the bank and had the cashiers check made. Sent all of that back to them today overnight, tomorrow they should have everything they need. I also called Geico and put the Porsche on my insurance All ready to go, now I can just relax a bit and wait.

I'll keep you posted!

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying a car out of state?