996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Welcome new forum sponsor Protomotive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
congrats - Hopefully protomotive gets business from this and not alot of looky loo kids just bothering them.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Welcome. Glad to see you and all your know how here.

Now tell us why MAFs blow...
No secret. The MAF Porsche uses blows because they are rated or designed for 482 hp. If you push your power much past 125% of the rated power ............. expect problems.

Promotive has had a MAF answer, that works, for well over a year now.

Last edited by cjv; 11-26-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Did you know that Cynthia put together my 996tt Engine?? After a good run, and if the other person was a 'bad sport', I tell them that a woman put together the engine in my turbo and then you hear.....silence...
She's rebuilding my engine, as well.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:18 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Todd and Cynthia.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:25 PM
thebk is infamous around these parts
Glad to see you on 6speed Todd. Thanks again for the new turbos and other upgrades and working with David at Prototech on the tuning. The car is a beast!!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 AM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
Dont expect to see alot of Todd online....he and Cynthia work all day (since they are hands on people and put their name on each car) and at night they have kids to spend time with...So please be respectful of their time on-line since they are a two person operation...

Did you know that Cynthia put together my 996tt Engine?? After a good run, and if the other person was a 'bad sport', I tell them that a woman put together the engine in my turbo and then you hear.....silence...

That's awesome Alex They are definitely an amazing team..and Cynthia can work on my engine any day! When the time come for me to purchase a TT (about a year), Todd and Cynthia will most definitely be getting my car.

Welcome again guys!

Old 11-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Considering a proto map system here as well. Not too sure about bigger compressors and increased lag but already want more power!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6speed.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Welcome aboard!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 AM
BillM996 is infamous around these parts
Welcome Todd and Cynthia. Todd's personal service is simply amazing. I'm not sure how he could have been working on markski's car when he was always helping me out !!!

Bill

Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Congrats to SIX-SPEEDERS !!!

Todd is as fine of person as you could ever meet.
Like someone above said, do not bother him with a "linkage problem",
they are so busy that they have little time for themselves.
Awesome innovator and I believe his (their) performance capabilities speak
for themselves. Just go read the 2003 996TT shootout that Sharkey,
Stephen, and a Protomotive Car (Hamann's) were in...
Next summer there will be alot more Protomotive Cars "Cruising Around".
Great News for all of us!

MK

Old 11-28-2006, 09:03 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Welcome guys. Nice to have some more Arkansans on the board . . . !!!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 AM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Awesome!

Welcome Todd. Looking forward to your valuable contributions.
I did not know Ben Treynor worked for Protomotive. Am I mistaken?
Welcome again guys!
Heh. I know where my expertise lies, and it's with a different kind of performance hardware. Let's just say I'm a Protomotive "enabler" as well as a satisfied customer...

Old 11-29-2006, 01:09 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by treynor
Heh. I know where my expertise lies, and it's with a different kind of performance hardware. Let's just say I'm a Protomotive "enabler" as well as a satisfied customer...
Dont forget to put the baby seat in the back (like the S65) of the turbo with a "baby on board" sign when you go to the track and lay down a 10 second pass...

Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 PM
treynor has a spectacular aura abouttreynor has a spectacular aura about
Dont forget to put the baby seat in the back (like the S65) of the turbo with a "baby on board" sign when you go to the track and lay down a 10 second pass...
You got it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Welcome new forum sponsor Protomotive