996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got keyed :-( Any recommendations in San Diego ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Got keyed :-( Any recommendations in San Diego ?

Fortunately it was the Mini Cooper S and not the TT - phew !

Scratch is about 8" long and quite deep, but not quite thru' to the undercoat / primer. Managed to polish some of it out, but it's too deep to be totally removed by hand - at least with the materials I have to hand.

Any recommendations for getting it fixed in the SD area ?

Got a few minor blemishes on the TT which I'll get taken care of at the same time.

Thanks Tim

Old 11-28-2006, 12:04 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
you could try calling Mind over Motorsports down there in SD, and
ask them WHERE they'd send one of their cars for a repair like you need.

good luck, sorry about the key damage,
scum-bags like that SHOULD BE shot!

Attached Images   
Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Scott.....watch the cross fire! Wouldn't you just love to catch the sob that did that. When I was a kid my older brother caught a guy trying to steal his battery out of his POS buick. My brother ran onto the back of the car, over the roof, jumped on the hood and smashed the hood onto the guys back and head. I don't know who got the worst out of that the would be thief or my brother's hood. But hey at least the car would still start.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 AM
KevinTT is infamous around these parts
Tim;

Just had the wifeys mercedes fixed at West Cosat Specialties. They did a great job, ask for Ryan 858-549-8226. They are near miramar.

Good luck !!

Old 11-28-2006, 02:36 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
Ahh Tim, sorry to hear that. Both Mind Over Motorsports and Pioneer Porsche recommend West Coast Specialties. I've gotten previous cars worked on there and my TT is going in for rust cleanup tomorrow. Go north on Carroll from Miramar and make the right at the light. Go down and make a left on Formula Pl. Either Ryan or Patrick will give you a quick estimate while you wait.

Let me know if you need better directions = )

Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Wow, what a coincidence. My MINI also got keyed (SD area as well), 8" on the driver's door

Old 11-28-2006, 12:15 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the responses - looks like I'm off to West Coast to get this taken care of. Hope they don't laugh at my **** attitude to scratches / blemishes etc :-)

Old 11-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Mike (La Jolla) is infamous around these parts
West Coast in Dan Diego for ding repair ...

I've had ding repair done at West Coast. They were able to match the color perfectly and I have Polar Silver Metallic, which is a little odd. I would recommend them, but expect to be without the car for several weeks. They tend not to be in much of a hurry. Also, you must pick up the car immediately after they say it is ready or you will get into catfights with the insurance company over the cost of the rental car.

VERY IMPORTANT: Check the electrical integrity of your car before you drop it off and when you get it back. On the X50, rats had gnawed through the wires controlling the gas refuel solenoid, rendering it inoperable. This meant that we couldn’t put any gas in the car. West Coast, of course, denies they have a rat problem and I couldn’t prove the wires were damaged when the car was in their possession so I was out the few hundred it cost Pioneer to debug/fix the issue.