996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shark Werks: 996TT GT800 Project "Great White" #2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:07 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Shark, that thing is insane! Hope to see it next time I stop by.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Shark, that thing is insane! Hope to see it next time I stop by.
Cheers David. It's still been abducted by James

Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
So is this a secret? I'm asking for sizes and offsets.. PM me if you would rather keep it private?

Realistically, I'm wondering how wide I can go with GT2 spec wheels. I'm already running them with 315s and a 7mm spacer and there is some room to play with both inside and out.

How about the fronts? What sizes are you running there? I run 255/35 on stock 8" twists, have yet to try them on my GT2 8.5" wheels but i bet they fit no problem.

Originally Posted by sharkster
Yup 335s in the rear is right (RA-1s). My offsets are really pretty out there on the edge so I honestly _wouldn't_ follow them unless you're starting with a GT2 or have a lot of fancy adjustable suspension/control arms. You'll otherwise be stuck with wheels that stick out a bit beyond the fender

Old 08-31-2008, 10:49 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
So is this a secret? I'm asking for sizes and offsets.. PM me if you would rather keep it private?

Realistically, I'm wondering how wide I can go with GT2 spec wheels. I'm already running them with 315s and a 7mm spacer and there is some room to play with both inside and out.

How about the fronts? What sizes are you running there? I run 255/35 on stock 8" twists, have yet to try them on my GT2 8.5" wheels but i bet they fit no problem.
hey ari, no secret at all HRE has them but off the top of my head we went with GT2 specs plus 4mm in the front and plus 6mm in the rear if I remember right....

Old 08-31-2008, 01:25 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex
Just wondering if Mike is ever going to post any 60 to 130 times for thier new GT 780 kit? Also, I will probably need axels soon :-(
Have a great labor day weekend!
Robert

Old 09-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Thanks man. So running 335 / 245s?

Originally Posted by sharkster
hey ari, no secret at all HRE has them but off the top of my head we went with GT2 specs plus 4mm in the front and plus 6mm in the rear if I remember right....

Old 09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by ari
hey Ari, that's right (in RA-1s)

Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
Mee too. Thanks to Alex!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
Mee too. Thanks to Alex!
Heh.. that's right!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Hey Alex, curious with the larger 335's seems like you are limited to suspension set ups as the space get's pretty cramped and doesn't allow enough room to tweak your settings. Seem like with 335's your window of tweaking is very small.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by oak
Hey Alex, curious with the larger 335's seems like you are limited to suspension set ups as the space get's pretty cramped and doesn't allow enough room to tweak your settings. Seem like with 335's your window of tweaking is very small.
hey oak, absolutely correct.. unless you have a bunch of adjustable suspension arms and very tweakable suspension it's a no no and even then the alignment _will_ be aggressive It's not something I'd recommend ***** nilly

Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 PM
hey fellas just a heads up for you guys in Europe but apparently this month's issue of Total 911 ( www.total911.co.uk ) is out and features our Great White GT800 in it. According to SnowBoarder the midnight shots look pretty trick too:P Stevo or any of you UK guys seen it yet? I didn't get a copy yet so...

Old 04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
hey fellas, looks like she's going to be going to a new home and soon. Going to put her back to stock-ish (around a Stage II) so if there's any parts you guys want let me know because I'll be pulling most of the stuff off

Old 04-04-2009, 06:19 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
sharky, say it aint so...

Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by oak
sharky, say it aint so...
I know pal... I'm not just saying this either But I have two other cars coming in soon and to stop the shop from being filled with um... my cars instead of customer cars this one is a casualty;(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shark Werks: 996TT GT800 Project "Great White" #2