996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shark Werks: 996TT GT800 Project "Great White" #2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 02:28 PM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Definitely looks very sick! Any dyno sheets on it Alex? Have you raced anyone yet? LOL

Old 12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
sharky, looks soo clean, bet it's a relief from the black. who makes the lower rear wheel arch cover? does it wrap around and protect and cover the edge and bottom of the bumper? cf?

Old 12-08-2006, 03:40 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
NICE !!!!!

White is the new "black"...

Old 12-09-2006, 01:16 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
sharky, looks soo clean, bet it's a relief from the black. who makes the lower rear wheel arch cover? does it wrap around and protect and cover the edge and bottom of the bumper? cf?
Heya Oak, thanks man and you're right. I do love black but I cannot live with the maintenance. I just like the white on these cars and heck if I spray her down once per month she's golden

The lower wheel arch thing is actually a tech art piece (rear bumper diffuser- type 1 they call it), which I had sent out to Mike to do in carbon fiber. It took a while but came out nicely...

Old 12-09-2006, 12:47 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
NICE !!!!!

White is the new "black"...
Thanks Marty.. this year has been very white for me, 996C2 white, 996TT white, 930 white, A3 white....

Old 12-09-2006, 12:59 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
sharky, techart diffuser? what does it diffuse? debris? does this piece wrap underneath the edge? do you have to drill holes to mount? the reason I ask is my bumper is taking a beating from the mpsc they pick up soo much debris if this piece will buffer some of the blasting, I may get a pair. will these help? sorry, for the 99 questions for such a minor piece.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by oak
sharky, techart diffuser? what does it diffuse? debris? does this piece wrap underneath the edge? do you have to drill holes to mount? the reason I ask is my bumper is taking a beating from the mpsc they pick up soo much debris if this piece will buffer some of the blasting, I may get a pair. will these help? sorry, for the 99 questions for such a minor piece.
Hey no worries man... From my mind it's a purely asthetic thing. I mean I've got the brochure of the car in the wind tunnel and them saying X, Y, Z but I'm not convinced. It does sort of "round" off the edges around the bottom slat and corner on the bumper- that much is true. I think CJV's car was the first one to have these that I can remember.... It would protect things for you but obviously take a brunt of the beating. There's no holes needed. You do need to have a couple of dabs of the glue-compound in two places but otherwise it uses two longer screws that go into the factor locations. It fits really well and I took them off of my black car and it leaves no trace....

Old 12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
here you go Oak.. maybe this will show it better:

Old 12-09-2006, 01:14 PM

Old 12-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
how much they cost?

Old 12-09-2006, 02:22 PM
oak
sharky, do you have an extra set? sweet, cf mudflaps!

Old 12-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned
Detailer708 is infamous around these parts
Hey Alex...so fresh.......so clean........ phat!!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
how much they cost?
That was the wrong question

Old 12-09-2006, 03:18 PM
YoWils is infamous around these parts
That's pretty cool! The nice thing with the CF valance is then yo don't have the problem of missing a piece when painting it like I did .

The contrast of CF on white is just really something! BTW, are you going to throw on that super-low snow-shovel Cargraphic front lip? Or maybe do a version of that in CF as well?

Old 12-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by oak
sharky, do you have an extra set? sweet, cf mudflaps!
That's not how they're listed in the tech art brochure I don't have any but if you want some I can get them or Arling can....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shark Werks: 996TT GT800 Project "Great White" #2