996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno'd today. stage 2, rwd converison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Dyno'd today. stage 2, rwd converison

So the car is back together after the 2nd gear popout. While it was under the knife I had the rwd conversion done and a new spec stage 3+ clutch with a LWFW. Here is the before and after dyno.

The solid lines are after the rwd conversion and the dotted lines were made just prior to the conversion and LWFW install. As you can see the car is making significantly better power and torque. The HP curve looks pretty bad though. Also the car's AFR take a big dip just before the HP drops off.
What do you guys think? It has GIAC ecu, evo v-flow, and fabspeed sport exhaust.

Last edited by rwm514; 11-29-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 PM

Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
What gear are those dyno runs performed in? What did the intake temperatures look like? I notice that there are no fans on the intercoolers, which can have an adverse affect on power.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
RWD Conversion Done and Tested - Pics Inside

A 6Speeder brought us their 996TT vehicle to us with the known 2nd gear pop out issue. Wanting to fix that, they also wanted to go RWD. With a completely rebuilt transmission, new Spec Racing Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, and RWD Conversion, this car made a huge transformation.

The RWD conversion gave the car a much lighter front end that allows the driver to have better throttle steering control, increased WHP by 10% and Torque by about 7%. With less load, the car screams out of 1st and into 2nd gear like a cup car on roids.

This car would be classified as a stage II. Included is a exhaust, intake, diverter valves, and ECU reprogramming. Parts from a different company, the ECU could be fine tuned a bit to gain more performance.

Check out the video of the car on the dyno here -
www.vividracing.com/catalog/images/rwdmiller.wmv

A complete gallery of the RWD conversion, dyno tests, and gear box rebuild can be found here -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...ages.php?c=173

Any questions or comments we would appreciate!

Thanks!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:43 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
First of all, nice job!
Secondly,
how much $$$$ to fix transmission and make into 2WD??

I know it matters what you do to the tranny, but I am asking specifically
on this car (as an example only)?

Marty K

Old 11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
3rd gear. Cant do 4th on the Mustang Dyno as the MPH would be to high. Clark will probably explain.

Why is the AF have a big dip in the low RPM, and why is there a flat line of HP from 4800-6600??? You should probably come here and remap this ECU.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Todd, what do you think about the AFR's?

Old 11-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor
Well I wont give out costs. The customer did have a warranty company. But they sucked and he can testify to that. RWD conversion is about 6 hours I would say. The big part of the job was the tranny rebuilt. Total labor hours was around 35 I think.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Do 4th gear runs typically show higher numbers? Also, dan, were there fans on during the dyno?

Old 11-29-2006, 06:52 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
dangerus lean

Old 11-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
The picture of the car above on the dyno was for photography sake. In the Video you can kinda see fans. We had a fan blowing on each intercooler duct, one on the front for the radiator, and one on the back for the intake that I held in Run 2 and 3. The video is run 1. Run 2 was our best. We also sprayed the intercoolers down heavily with water to keep them cool. Normal protocols for us

The 4th gear questions I can have Clark answer.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
This car to clarify was not done by EVO, but by a East Coast distributor of EVO who put a Stage package and GIAC flash.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor
Moderators can you combine this thread with this one -
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65370

Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor
On a Mustang dyno you use 3rd gear for 6mt transmission cars. The Dyno has an Eddy current load generator which loads the rollers down. The specs of this load are calculated based on the weight and aerodynamics of the car. 4th gear is not suggested as the MPH will be higher, the time will be longer. However, in testing cars in 3rd and 4th I have found nearly identical power. As long as you have enough cooling on the intercoolers. On dynojet dynos you must use 4th gear as the Dyno has very little load and no Eddy current generator to correct for Car weight. These comparisons are acurate.

Thanks

Clark Turner

Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
On a Mustang dyno you use 3rd gear for 6mt transmission cars. The Dyno has an Eddy current load generator which loads the rollers down. The specs of this load are calculated based on the weight and aerodynamics of the car. 4th gear is not suggested as the MPH will be higher, the time will be longer. However, in testing cars in 3rd and 4th I have found nearly identical power. As long as you have enough cooling on the intercoolers. On dynojet dynos you must use 4th gear as the Dyno has very little load and no Eddy current generator to correct for Car weight. These comparisons are acurate.

Thanks

Clark Turner
I ran mine on a Mustang and we used 4th gear and top end speed was not an issue...I guess I would rather have a longer run than a shorter run...the whole idea behind the eddy current is to load the car, that is what separates it from the drum spinner dynos.. Kevin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd today. stage 2, rwd converison