996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pss9 Vs Jic/cross Vs Jrz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:50 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Pss9 Vs Jic/cross Vs Jrz

Ok Guys Botton Line It. Street Driven 996tt W/ 19" Rims, Maybe Little Track Time. My Car Has H&r Springs. After Switching To 19" Rims My Steering Starting To Feel Light And Twitchy Under Acceleration? What Coilovers Would You Pick? A) Pss9 B) Jic/cross Or C) Jrz?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:02 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Ok Guys Botton Line It. Street Driven 996tt W/ 19" Rims, Maybe Little Track Time. My Car Has H&r Springs. After Switching To 19" Rims My Steering Starting To Feel Light And Twitchy Under Acceleration? What Coilovers Would You Pick? A) Pss9 B) Jic/cross Or C) Jrz?
For what you ask I would go with the PSS9's, JIC's are more on the track side and not necessary. JRZ's are completely different league reserved for cars doing serious track duty.

I went with motons (similar level to JRZ's)

my 2 cents "bottom line" for ya...tom

Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Tom Thank You For Your Opinion. After Reading All The Different Threads On Diff. Coilovers I Am Confused About The Pss9's. From What I Understand Very Little Travel On A Lowered Car?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 PM
996Carrera is infamous around these parts
Just installed the RUF PSS9's. With 19 inch wheels its not too rough around town, set at position 4. If you dont go too low, its fine on the driveways.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
If your going with some track go jic, I have them & I'm very happy!
Great on the street & good for most of us for plenty of track!

Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
PSS9s on a street diven car with 19s... Anything else would be kinda rough.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Alex, I Apprec. All The Help You Have Been On Various Topics. I Am Trying To Make Sure I Pick The Right Setup, So I Avoid Having To Switch Later Down The Road. My Main Concern Is The Unsettled Feeling I Am Getting In The Steering Under Acceleration W/ The 19" Rims. Also The Slight Rubbing On The Fender Lip (mainly On The Drivers Side). I Hope The Rims I Purchased Have The Right Offsets?

Old 11-29-2006, 09:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Absolutely Paulie.. always my pleasure. As long as you don't go lower than 1.25 inches you'll be a-ok for the street with PSS9s and set the car to like 5 and 4. It'll be perfect for the street that way. The rubbing sounds bad though. It shouldn't rub as is right now... What type of rims/sizes do you have? You can work around that with suspension/alignment but even so that doesn't sound right.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 PM
YoWils is infamous around these parts
I totally concur with Alex. As someone who has (unfortunately) tried all three (not by choice) in the last 18 months, I would go with the PSS9's like Alex suggested (I also have 19" Champions that sit low). I took mine with PSS9's to Infineon, and they worked just fine, even in the hands of an ALMS driver. If you really don't like how the car handles, then seriously consider saving up for some Motons.

Reading your post, the really uncanny thing is I also had H&R springs before embarking on the path to coilovers. So please, don't waste the time and money like I had. Do lots of research, take as many rides as you can, and seriously consider the suggestions of those in the know (Sharky, for example. Man, I should've listened to you in the first place!).

Good luck and I hope you find something you're happy with .

Old 11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Faast996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
PSS9s on a street diven car with 19s... Anything else would be kinda rough.
I would concur. I have the JIC's (medium springs) and 19" Kinesis wheels and even on a soft setting, it is fairly rough for the street. And, I am used to driving some high performance street/track cars. On 18's it is not bad, though.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by YoWils
I totally concur with Alex. As someone who has (unfortunately) tried all three (not by choice) in the last 18 months, I would go with the PSS9's like Alex suggested (I also have 19" Champions that sit low). I took mine with PSS9's to Infineon, and they worked just fine, even in the hands of an ALMS driver. If you really don't like how the car handles, then seriously consider saving up for some Motons.

Reading your post, the really uncanny thing is I also had H&R springs before embarking on the path to coilovers. So please, don't waste the time and money like I had. Do lots of research, take as many rides as you can, and seriously consider the suggestions of those in the know (Sharky, for example. Man, I should've listened to you in the first place!).

Good luck and I hope you find something you're happy with .
Motons/JRZs are indeed a huuuuuge step up but you're right for most folks I really think the PSS9s on 19s are a good fit. Likely with some H&R sways and you're set

Old 12-01-2006, 01:57 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Paulie, the tires should NOT rub (although in my opinion if they are not rubbing they are not big enough, just for my car though!)
The front fenders come factory rolled, so if they are rubbing either the tire is too big or the offset is incorrect, I hope it is the former.
You other question was answered by the experts. I am a driver not a mechanic, so my opinions are limited strictly to My own experience or what I have personally seen and experienced.
I still think you would be more than happy with the PSS9's but I would consider at least a rear sway bar as well.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Tom, The Fronttires Are Fine ,no Rubbing. Its The Rear Drivers Side That Seems To Rub A Little When I Hit A Bumb.rear Tires Are Ps2 On 19" Hre Rims. 315/25/19. The Rear Driver Side Fender Lip Was Recently Rolled This Seemed To Help Alot, But Still On Big Dips I Hear A Slight Rub.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:50 AM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
People that have the JICs is it a high spring rate causing the problem?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Bottom Line:
1) PSS9's and 19's for show.
2) JIC's / Motons on 18's for go.

Rear fender rubbing can occur with 315's on the rear. No big deal. A little fender rolling will fix that. Easily a do-it-yourself fix.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pss9 Vs Jic/cross Vs Jrz