996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2WD conversions....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Bone stock....Sharkey wont give Motons away...yet
Well that's why My car on the stiffer ROW suspension was HORRIBLE, talk about "wallow"

Old 12-02-2006, 06:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
I am confused.... dont you want 40 women and a camel
Camels don't talk back.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:31 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
yes they do you have not been dating the pretty ones !!thats where humping came from

Old 12-02-2006, 09:23 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Camels will spit on you if you're not careful. Yes, really.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Camels will spit on you if you're not careful. Yes, really.
I was going to mention that, but then i thought to myself no they wont, that's a Llama

Old 12-03-2006, 01:57 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
In that case I'll take a two-hump camel.

I was bored so I looked it up: http://www.thehatchreport.com/inform...-two-hump.html

"The actual math equation is closer to this: one-hump camel + two-hump camel=a camel with one really large hump."

Originally Posted by steve harris
yes they do you have not been dating the pretty ones !!thats where humping came from

Old 12-03-2006, 03:26 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24madness
When I pulled my drive shaft one day the car felt faster but did not hool up well. I was wondering what other people found. I am curious if you upgraded to 315's if the traction problem would be ok. I also was curious about cornering. I don't like the way the car shifts in mid corner in the 4wd mod.
Hey K24, I have to admit that my 993 knowledge is shabby at best in terms of the 993GT3 in Europe and its particulars (I fall back on James for that) but I do know obviously the 996GT2 and 996TT have so many differences in terms of suspension geometry, braking, balance, weight bias, power delivery and yes tires. The tires part is easy to fix but not the other stuff, which is why I still feel the 2WD conversion is kinda scary on a 996TT unless done fully... in which case? Get a GT2...

Old 12-03-2006, 03:26 AM
Hmm from 4WD vs 2WD over to Camels. I sure know how to spoil a thread hehe.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:38 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
If you look at the fastest turbos, majority are of the 2 WD variation

Old 12-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you elaborate on doing "properly" . You mention numerous things( besides camels) earlier in thread--- what is total list of "need to do" to change satisfactorily to 2 WD?

Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
911s require a different driving technique due to rear weight bias. The best way to describe this is slow in, fast out. Even with modern suspension design, and gigantic rear tires, these cars will tend to roll the tire sidewall and want to spin mid corner if you get off the gas too quickly and upset the chassis.

To minimize this, you want to really inflate the rear tires. I run 36 PSI front and 40 PSI rear. My pump at home can't inflate past 40 PSI, but I want to try 44 PSI rear. You will feel the difference in handling with more pressure helping to keep the sidewall from rolling under the rim.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-05-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Red 9
Can you elaborate on doing "properly" . You mention numerous things( besides camels) earlier in thread--- what is total list of "need to do" to change satisfactorily to 2 WD?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:04 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
...To minimize this, you want to really inflate the rear tires. I run 36 PSI front and 40 PSI rear. My pump at home can't inflate past 40 PSI, but I want to try 44 PSI rear. You will feel the difference in handling with more pressure helping to keep the sidewall from rolling under the rim.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, seems you want STABILITY at low cornering forces, not traction or speed. Don't mislead people who have even less knowledge than you. Inflating to the levels you are talking about will leave you with no rear end traction = very low cornering speeds before PSM cuts you off - or w/o PSM a very tail-happy car.

Last edited by MrWhite; 09-24-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
If you are in cold or wet climate, and don't have good car control skills, I'd leave it alone, unless you you don't drive in those conditions and you're willing to put some NT-01's or other R-comp/DR type of tire on the car to drive around on. Normal street tires will not contain the type of power you have.

For the road course it would take a ton of additional mods to make it worth while. And even then the rear diff is not the same as a GT2 one, it's made to be AWD. I personally think you'll eat third gear over and over again, I felt that same shifting and additional power application (grinding feel) when in RWD.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
My car has recently become a RWD car. It is USELESS on street tires. I usually only put drag radials on for the track. If I left it RWD, I would need DR's ALL the time. I plan to put a Dif back in for the winter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2WD conversions....