996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:07 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Mark,the car sounds awesome.Keep the videos coming!

Old 12-25-2006, 04:09 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Marty you are exactly correct by saying "from scratch". I guess after what Todd has done and what he is doing with GT3 RS cam's, head's, lifters and so on, it would be cake on a GT3 with him , crazy
Sorry guys ................ this isn't that easy. To date no one has installed a GT3 RS cam in a 996tt. That cam has one pointer and will not work on a 996tt ecu.

VRAlexander utilized 996tt vario cams, Markski utilized GT3 street cams. The first has five pointers. The second has three pointers. The motor won't even start with a GT3 RS cam. If you try to make a billet cam with three pointers using the GT3 RS lift and duration .............. you will one wear down your cam lobes because of non campatible materials between the cam and the Porsche lifters. Then at best you have a normally aspirated cam on a turbo motor that would wear out prematurely. Finally, the harmonics on the Porsche GT3 cams suck.

This is what is so unique about the cams we designed. They are compatible with the lifter material. They have three pointers so they work with the GT3 programs transposed on the 996tt ecu. They have been profiled for the GT3 heads .......... yes they make the GT3 RS cams appear to be childs play as to lift and duration. Finally ............... no harmonic distortion.

The purpose of this post isn't to take anything away from either of the above motors. The purpose is to convey the fact there is nothing easy about these motors. Each was an accomplishment for their respective time.

Last edited by cjv; 12-25-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:12 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Yes, I agree with LLM.. if we look back into history it was Protomotive who ran a 10 second car.. a regular AWD car. Since then we all know that Alex can run 9.8 and 9.9 in the quarter if not faster, Marski will beat this most likely and Scott,s car .... I think this is truly amazing since Todd K works in a barn, builds all parts of the cars as well as programming ECUs.. all with out any problems.. this is TRULY remarkable!!! Please dont be offend because my car is getting a GT700 from Stephen. I just look what others have done and with what they have to work with.... truly impressive. But I hope all this makes more competetion because competition is good for us the buyers... so EVOMS, RUF, 9FF, Protomotive... keep competing and merry christmas to all
Where is the video or timeslip of Alex's car running 9.8 or 9.9?Show proof!EVO had a dyno graph of 1080 hp(FLYWHEEL HP)on their site for many months.This car routinely made 925-950@the wheels on gt35r turbos.The owner didn't like the way the car drove as it had no power under 5k(relatively speaking).The setup was changed back to 30's,in fact its the same setup I have, and left with 8xxrwhp.They tested the limits of the 996 turbo design and know what will last.This is in no way saying that Protomotive doesn't build some crazy fast cars.I believe Todd k is a master at what he does and have total respect for him and his tuning capabilities.In fairness I wanna see them compared at the track.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Where is the video or timeslip of Alex's car running 9.8 or 9.9?Show proof!EVO had a dyno graph of 1080 hp(FLYWHEEL HP)on their site for many months.This car routinely made 925-950@the wheels on gt35r turbos.The owner didn't like the way the car drove as it had no power under 5k(relatively speaking).The setup was changed back to 30's,in fact its the same setup I have, and left with 8xxrwhp.They tested the limits of the 996 turbo design and know what will last.This is in no way saying that Protomotive doesn't build some crazy fast cars.I believe Todd k is a master at what he does and have total respect for him and his tuning capabilities.In fairness I wanna see them compared at the track.
Hmm interesting indeed, if so i appologize. Like i said, i have the utmost respect for these tuners and cars, especially their owners for pushing the limits and their will

Joe i need a ride!

Old 12-25-2006, 04:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Sorry guys ................ this isn't that easy. To date no one has installed a GT3 RS cam in a 996tt. That cam has one pointer and will not work on a 996tt ecu.

VRalexander uses 996tt vario cams, Markski uses GT3 street cams. The first has five pointers. The second has three pointers. The motor won't even start with a GT3 RS cam. If you try to make a billet cam with three pointers using the GT3 RS lift and duration .............. you will one wear down your cam lobes because of non campatible materials between the cam and the Porsche lifters. Then at best you have a normally aspirated cam on a turbo motor. Finally, the harmonics on the Porsche cams suck.

This is what is so unique about our cams. They are compatible with the lifter material. They have three pointers so they work with the GT3 programs transposed on the 996tt ecu. They have been profiled for the GT3 heads .......... yes they make the GT3 RS cams appear to be childs play. Finally ............... no harmonic distortion.
Hmm interesting info again, i appreciate it

Old 12-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think its hard to make it all work. I know from Todd K that the fuel issues are immense at that level.. I know I did( and IM on a $10K fuel system). its more then just one huge pump and big injectors... Todd K tried to explain it but I was lost... he said that in order to have a 800 rwhp TT you have to know what to do with the fuel cooler... among other things.... Also, when running less then half of tank of gas the big pumps push everything to the back and the fuel sponsons get starved.... and thats only at 800 rwhp.
I know I ran out of fuel at 1.5 bars .. I have a very well designed fuel system...actually redesigned based on VRalexander's set up...
Thus I can only imagine what it would take to have a running 950 rwhp TT....
just my opinion... Im only paraphrasing Todd K... no harm intended...
I have absolutely minimal lag and the TQ of a small truck.... anyone care to get in with me in Chicago and go for a ride... you welcome...
best,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 12-25-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Life @ 8200 Rpms(video)

HERE YOU GO GUYS....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YGYLGe15vQ

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 12-26-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:24 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
You want to see them at the track. That isn't what they were built for. They were built to go very, very fast in a straight line and top speed. Well, a little qualification needs to be added. These cars in all probability (if the suspension are up to it) would do very well on a wide open oval type track. The same wouldn't apply on a course like Infineron. You just can't have the best of both worlds. Well, you can (to some degree) if you want to change the turbo's back and forth.

Now when KA is finished, which is contrary to popular belief ............. I'd be more than happy to run her on a track against any street registered 996tt. There is alot more to quickly arriving into your maximum torque range than simply changing turbo's. Nothing beats increased displacement together with lightened clutch, crank, rods and pistons.

Last edited by cjv; 12-25-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I really wish Alex would chime in and share his experiences. i mean there is speculation he ran 9s, and i heard a story about him running at the track wth a lola champ car believe, and reeling it in on the straight, theres actually a pic in the Porsche pic thread to prove it, but no videos If it is indeed all true, his is an ALL AROUND car!

Old 12-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
I wish we lived closer to each other... I do believe that Alex is the only one as of now capable of meeting up with some of the AZ guys...
why don't someone do it. Im sure Alex will not back off... it just has to be timed correctly for all parties so they all can make it.. no excuses..
best,
markski
ps. I do know that Craig and Sharky both drove in Alexander's car...

click to view

Old 12-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
You want to see them at the track. That isn't what they were built for. They were built to go very, very fast in a straight line and top speed. You just can't have the best of both worlds. Well, you can (to some degree) if you want to change the turbo's back and forth.

Now when KA is finished, which contrary to popular belief ............. I'd be more than happy to run her on a track against any street registered 996tt. There is alot more to quickly arriving into your maximum torque range than simply changing turbo's.
To clarify,DRAGSTRIP.I see your still upset from that neg rep I gave you.Sorry.As I have told you before I respect your patience and fortitude towards your project but why don't you wait till it's done.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:41 PM
cjv
I really wish Alex would chime in and share his experiences. i mean there is speculation he ran 9s, and i heard a story about him running at the track wth a lola champ car believe, and reeling it in on the straight, theres actually a pic in the Porsche pic thread to prove it, but no videos If it is indeed all true, his is an ALL AROUND car!
Alex really doesn't need to chime in unless he wants to. Alex does have a 9 second car. He also did very well at the LV Speedway. This is a very wide open track. It is alot different than tracks like Infineron and LS etc. There is a big difference here.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Alex really doesn't need to chime in unless he wants to. Alex does have a 9 second car. He also did very well at the LV Speedway. This is a very wide open track. It is alot different than tracks like Infineron and LS etc. There is a big difference here.
Well i for one am a firm believer, im not on the Alex or Proto band wagon, from just talkng to them about OTHER subjects, stuff for my car and setups with Mark, Alex with other things i can see they are stand up and not bull**** artists.

I can always be wrong, but i would doubt there would be so much speculation about LIES, you know?

Old 12-25-2006, 04:52 PM
cjv
To clarify,DRAGSTRIP.I see your still upset from that neg rep I gave you. Sorry.As I have told you before I respect your patience and fortitude towards your project but why don't you wait till it's done.
Joe,

Upset ............. Not over something like that.

I don't believe you really understand people like myself and Alex. We really don't care about numbers as they change from day to day and place to place. What we like to do is just show up and run. Don't really need numbers to determine who is faster on that particular day.

As for me being done, that will probably never happen. It just keeps evolving when we find something different to try. We have had the motor on a dyno once or twice in the last year. I can't tell you how many times it has been assembled and torn down. Someday ............... you might get to see her ............... but then again it would be unannounced. I love surprises.

Last edited by cjv; 12-25-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:02 PM
cjv
I can always be wrong, but i would doubt there would be so much speculation about LIES, you know?
You have me a little confused with the above quote ............. what are you trying to say?

Last edited by cjv; 12-25-2006 at 05:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars