996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:06 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Joe,

Upset ............. Not over something like that.

I don't believe you really understand people like myself and Alex. We really don't care about numbers as they change from day to day and place to place. What we like to do is just show up and run. Don't really need numbers to determine who is faster on that particular day.

As for me being done, that will probably never happen. It just keeps evolving when we find something different to try. We have had the motor on a dyno once or twice in the last year. I can't tell you how many times it has been assembled and torn down. Someday ............... you might get to see her ............... but then again it would be unannounced. I love surprises.
Well let me put it this way, if I told you my car ran 9's you would probably want proof!Since we don't need proof well then my car runs 9's.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by robmd99
Since then we all know that Alex can run 9.8 and 9.9 in the quarter if not faster
I don't know that. In fact nobody knows that until Alex goes to an NHRA drag strip and runs those numbers with a timelips and video.

It's a lot easier to say it than to do it.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:11 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Mark looks like my old speedo videos haha, all by hand! What s absolutely nuts, is that your running almost half boost, and ts still prob. faster than your old stg 5 setup which you said WHOOPED half or most of the cars on the street, crazy!

Be safe buddy... Keep em coming
the trick to a good speedo shot is to rest your camera/hand on the steering wheel. Check out mine (starts at 1.05 in the vid. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...8000271a4b.htm

or the tach

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...800033bec9.htm

Old 12-25-2006, 05:13 PM
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by joetwint
To clarify,DRAGSTRIP.I see your still upset from that neg rep I gave you.Sorry.As I have told you before I respect your patience and fortitude towards your project but why don't you wait till it's done.
I totally agree. I respect VRAlex's acheivements .. and Chad obviously has a lot of information. But talk is cheap. I'd prefer to see both guys keep their mouths shut until they've got soemthing to talk about. It's so boring.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
You have me a little confused with the above quote ............. what are you tring to say?
Basically if Alex's car and runs were lies, where does the info come from, why would there be so much speculation on false statements or claims, get it? Meaning im a firm believer and people must have seen some of it

Last edited by iLLM3; 12-25-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgussin1
the trick to a good speedo shot is to rest your camera/hand on the steering wheel. Check out mine (starts at 1.05 in the vid. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...8000271a4b.htm

or the tach

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/w...800033bec9.htm
of course, i would try and do that with my left hand, rest it on the wheel, but these cars arent SLOW. Under acceleration and then shifting, i would hit a damm button

Old 12-25-2006, 05:41 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
there is a video!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2006, 05:46 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
there is a video!!!!!!!!!
Post it up!

Old 12-25-2006, 06:25 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Basically if Alex's car and runs were lies, where does the info come from, why would there be so much speculation on false statements or claims, get it? Meaning im a firm believer and people must have seen some of it
iLLM3,

It's a nasty world out there. No matter what you do, say or show ....... someone is always trying to slant it one way or another. When it comes down to it ................ not many people really care. It's like politics.

I'll give you an example. Alex has never posted his times ................. so what. He has been in a few races................ have you seen anyone beat him? If he had lost, you would have heard about it. Do you see any of the top car's making any effort to challenge him? It's kinda like the top dogs with the piece of paper really don't want to know (I am not picking in anyone).

I've been on this forum for a long time. I'm familiar with most of the 996tt kits, stages, etc. that are out there and what they consist of. Along with what different parts/machine work/software really do. I am constantly amazed at what the different owners claim about what the results are for different modifications that they have had performed to their motors. Heck, how many times have you heard "my turbo motor has no lag?" This is a real interesting comment. I don't believe there is a turbo on this forum that has lag. For sometime now, I will say something on the forums and just leave it at that or hear something that I know isn't right and not comment. What do you have to gain by embarrassing someone? On the other hand. if you try to have a listen, speak, give and take discussion, someone always takes it the wrong way. I may be wrong, but I really don't believe Alex cares if anyone believes if his car is a 9 second car ............... just don't line up next to him unless you have something extra special.

In the long run, the information people like myself provide is free. It is worth exactly what it costs you ......... zero. I for one really don't care what others do with it or have to say about it.

Last edited by cjv; 12-25-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
iLLM3,

It's a nasty world out there. No matter what you do, say or show ....... someone is always trying to slant it one way or another. When it comes down to it ................ not many people really care. It's like politics.

I'll give you an example. Alex has never posted his times ................. so what. He has been in a few races................ have you seen anyone beat him? If he had lost, you would have heard about it. Do you see any of the top car's making any effort to challenge him? It's kinda like the top dogs with the piece of paper really don't want to know (I am not picking in anyone).

I've been on this forum for a long time. I'm familiar with most of the 996tt kits, stages, etc. that are out there and what they consist of. Along with what different parts/machine work/software really do. I am constantly amazed at what the different owners claim about what the results are for different modifications that they have had performed to their motors. Heck, how many times have you heard "my turbo motor has no lag?" This is a real interesting comment. For sometime now, I will say something on the forums and just leave it at that or hear something that I know isn't right and not comment. What do you have to gain by embarrassing someone? On the other hand. if you try to have a listen, speak, give and take discussion, someone always takes it the wrong way. I may be wrong, but I really don't believe Alex cares if anyone believes if his car is a 9 second car ............... just don't line up next to him unless you have something extra special.

In the long run, the information people like myself provide is free. It is worth exactly what it costs you ......... zero. I for one really don't care what others do with it or have to say about it.
I see where you are coming from and trying to point out, have wondered the same thing and absolutely agree.

Not much more to be said

Old 12-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Well, I will chime inn.. I dont want to take sides... this is my thread about my 9 month project and not about tuner wars...
simply put... I have an evo8 that ran 10.2 1/4 at 137 mph. I will roll start the cars lets say 30 mpg to 150 and see who wins..
the evo consistently runs mid 10s... 10.5 being the slowest,...
I also have a Performance box... so I can compare both cars too...
time will only tell.
But from my speculation the P car is really strong when compared to the evo...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Well, I will chime inn.. I dont want to take sides... this is my thread about my 9 month project and not about tuner wars...
simply put... I have an evo8 that ran 10.2 1/4 at 137 mph. I will roll start the cars lets say 30 mpg to 150 and see who wins..
the evo consistently runs mid 10s... 10.5 being the slowest,...
I also have a Performance box... so I can compare both cars too...
time will only tell.
But from my speculation the P car is really strong when compared to the evo...
markski
Cant wait to see the Driftbox results and with the Evo as well, be safe Markkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Old 12-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Cant wait to see the Driftbox results and with the Evo as well, be safe Markkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
Yeah me too.... I might be able to pull it off in 50 degree temps... at .8 bars though...

click to view

Old 12-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by cjv
I'll give you an example. Alex has never posted his times ................. so what. He has been in a few races................ have you seen anyone beat him?
No he hasn't, but he's hinted numerous times that his car has run a 9 second pass. So which is it? He wants everyone to know or he doesn't care? Because you can't have it both ways.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
No he hasn't, but he's hinted numerous times that his car has run a 9 second pass. So which is it? He wants everyone to know or he doesn't care? Because you can't have it both ways.
I personally did not see the video if any.. he did call me from the track after he did it... I dont think he would make it up. It was a private track day...
he blew off the IC hose towards the end of the run....
Todd at Protomotive confirmed... not sure what that means...
I don't think he ever posted any 1/4 times... 10s or 11s...
But from seeing what my car does... I think I have a good idea...
either way I can make it official that I will try... thats if I dont brake my Tranny doing so LOL

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 12-26-2006 at 12:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars