996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I have a very similar car to Alex's... I also have another low 10 second car... trust me that I now know how fast his car is....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-26-2006, 09:50 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
What the hell are you guys talking about ???
I 2nd that, who the hell comes on here and says that, especially when no one even knows you Mark PM sent!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
I personally did not see the video if any.. he did call me from the track after he did it... I dont think he would make it up. It was a private track day...
he blew off the IC hose towards the end of the run....
Todd at Protomotive confirmed... not sure what that means...
I don't think he ever posted any 1/4 times... 10s or 11s...
But from seeing what my car does... I think I have a good idea...
either way I can make it official that I will try... thats if I dont brake my Tranny doing so LOL
I don't doubt Alex's car can run stout numbers, not one little bit. What I've learned in my time drag racing is that you keep your gob shut until you've done the numbers. Then you post them up for others to see. All else is bull****.

Also thank you to those anonymous members out there for the numerous neg reps. That's what makes the internet such a cool place; the ability to snipe from behind your keyboard in e-safety. Grow some ***** and say what you've got to say in public.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Alex
You are some kind of ***. Coming on here and calling most of the guys (believers in VRAlex's ET) here fools because we take the word of one of the most respected long-time members is not the way to ensure your stay here will be enjoyable (you may not even be welcome after this).

There are some who will share their ET with no fear or worry, for whatever reason. Then there are others who play the street-racing scene (semi-seriously) and will not openly disclose their ET. Think about it for a minute, then apologize for your stupid remarks, then learn how to spell 'bawlla'. Or just stay the hell away from this forum.

Substantiate your claims.
I have to agree with this statement. There are some people here who have rediculously fast cars and make they're times public as fast as they go down the strip. Then there are people who keep quiet and just speak about what power they make. Everyone has their own agenda. I know some people who have cars that are absolute sleepers, ones that you'd look at the car and think it runs 14's and the car runs 9's.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:30 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
There will always be someone faster...

Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I have a very similar car to Alex's... I also have another low 10 second car... trust me that I now know how fast his car is....
markski
Markski,

I know how fast both your and Alex's cars are. The motor is only part of the story. A 996tt with lots of power, it's 18" wheels and 800-1000 pound rear springs do not make for easy 9 second runs. So conventional wisdom goes.

I could loan you some softer springs, smaller rear brakes and 15" rear wheels (along with a simple car diet) and many people would be eating alot of crow. Add gearing that will trap you at the top of fourth and no one will believe the times.

Last edited by cjv; 12-27-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Markski,

I could loan you some springs, smaller rear brakes and 15" rear wheels and many people would be eating alot of crow. Add gearing that will trap you at the top of fourth and no one will believe the times.
Don't you just love people who rely on conventional wisdom along with the 996tt stereotype.
Chad,
Im already taking care of that... Ill probably run 17" rims and go with MT slicks... that will break my tranny...
Brakes... Ill have my Evo tuner do some magic and put on smaller brakes....
I do however, want to run the car as is... alot heavier then stock thats for sure...
markski

click to view

Old 12-27-2006, 12:42 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Chad,
Im already taking care of that... Ill probably run 17" rims and go with MT slicks... that will break my tranny...
Brakes... Ill have my Evo tuner do some magic and put on smaller brakes....
I do however, want to run the car as is... alot heavier then stock thats for sure...
markski
Whatever you do, you have all my best. Enjoy and be safe.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by #1FOB
do you want me to tell you the whole truth? i know more than anybody on this forum.... you dont have to believe me but everyone who knows me...... knows i know the TRUTH
Come on-- don't keep us in suspense any longer-- we deserve the "TRUTH"- at the very least the "TRUTH" that you know!!
By the way-- you could not possible know more than anyone on this forum- have you no respect for "the worlds fastest"?

Old 12-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by #1FOB
all you rich 6speed bawllas are so easily fooled
This poster was a previously banned member using a new username. He's been banned again.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cjv
And the point is ............. how many 6 speed members really care? Care to look up any thread that has anything to do with quarter mile times and ET's for these cars? Now look at how many replies and views these threads generate?

However, if it floats your boat ........... have at it. I have found that when a person starts getting personal they are frustrated and have run out of ideas. Comments like "Information is fantastic. Ego gratification is boring - MrBlonde" or "Chad, don't you have your own ego forum?" reinforce this belief. And no, I have no desire to return the negative rep. you so graciously bestowed upon me. Life is just to short. Have a Merry Christmas and some great Holidays.
Merry Christmas to you and yours Chad! Here's to Killer Angel flying in 2007 :-)

Old 12-27-2006, 11:50 AM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
frustrating!

So, you guys think it's frustrating to hear about all these 9 second runs and fastest cars with no proof online. Where you just want to see it...
Well, we've built them, seen them, heard about the runs, talked to the clients, hear about all the hooha online about proof, and have the shyest owners of all of them. They're just not really into all the video/online stuff.
Bobby in Tulsa ran 9.90 at 139.9 in his white 996tt with his bolt on setup, similar to Divexxtreme's a while back. He's now running a ton more power and could easily best that time but hasn't the clutch to do it at this point.
Alex ran a 9.80 at 142 shutting down just beyond half track due to his hose blowing off after he changed his spark plugs and failed to retighten.
Heck, a while back, Bobby ran a 10.40 at 136 in his Black 996tt with a set of hybrid S60 compressors on K16's, an ecu, a gutted muffler and a "Nasty" iron clutch...
So yes, they're out there. It's frustrating to not have vid's splattered all over proving this, but then again, we've always been the quiet types over here..
If you haven't noticed, the biggest cars tend to be cloaked in stealth. They don't need to PROVE anything. They just like to know they HAVE it when they NEED it

It's all in good fun...

Old 12-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TRK
So, you guys think it's frustrating to hear about all these 9 second runs and fastest cars with no proof online. Where you just want to see it...
Well, we've built them, seen them, heard about the runs, talked to the clients, hear about all the hooha online about proof, and have the shyest owners of all of them. They're just not really into all the video/online stuff.
Bobby in Tulsa ran 9.90 at 139.9 in his white 996tt with his bolt on setup, similar to Divexxtreme's a while back. He's now running a ton more power and could easily best that time but hasn't the clutch to do it at this point.
Alex ran a 9.80 at 142 shutting down just beyond half track due to his hose blowing off after he changed his spark plugs and failed to retighten.
Heck, a while back, Bobby ran a 10.40 at 136 in his Black 996tt with a set of hybrid S60 compressors on K16's, an ecu, a gutted muffler and a "Nasty" iron clutch...
So yes, they're out there. It's frustrating to not have vid's splattered all over proving this, but then again, we've always been the quiet types over here..
If you haven't noticed, the biggest cars tend to be cloaked in stealth. They don't need to PROVE anything. They just like to know they HAVE it when they NEED it

It's all in good fun...
+1 (Rep for you)

Old 12-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
The mad scientist has spoken
markski

click to view

Old 12-27-2006, 03:25 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRK

It's all in good fun...
THE MAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars