996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
that's just incredible. most powerful car i've ridden in so far is a 675rwhp supra, i can only imagine what 997 Turbo with 871 is like.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Congrats and great numbers

Old 12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
HUGE numbers! Congrats. Drive it in good health and be safe.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:43 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
That is about 1,037 hp at the crank.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:45 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I Want One

Old 12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I need one...

Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
congrats and enjoy her in good health! Happy driving!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Here is the Dyno sheet I received from Protomotive . It's somewhat premature since I didn't take delivery(Wednesday) but I just had to show the numbers... many more pics to come...
685 whp @14 psi
733 whp @16 psi
871 whp @21.5 psi
What's impressive is the numbers at such low boost. Now, I'm sure someone will ask about the slight dip in the middle. We used a GT3 race heads and gt3 street cams(intake and exhaust) on a 996tt stock intake plenum(ported)... the GT3 has completely different plenum volumes and characteristics, along with a flap for a dual resonant chamber like the na 996's have. This all compliments the camshaft. It's not about flow, it's about resonance and harmonics. Thus Todd Knighton states that with more time on a dyno, that the camshaft behavior could be modified to work better with the 996tt plenums by leaving the cam more advanced to help with the resonant tuning... MAybe this Spring
But for now I have to enjoy what I have.. Yet a huge accomplishment it is... my hat's off to Todd and Cynthia for an incredible job done.
markski
Markski,

You're willingness to push the envelope with the help of Protomotive is commendable. The power coupled with the low boost while using a 996tt ecu has raised the bar in both power and reliability. I would not be too concerned with the flat spot between 5700 and 6700 rpm's. You have spent alot of money helping with this motor. You effort as well as Protomotive's has unlocked some secrets that had been grappled with for months without success (at least on our part). Thanks for the help. I'll get you the answers for this flat spot.

I believe this flat spot will be resolved very soon. I believe it is related to the cam duration as well as the breathing between the throttle body and your GT3 heads. I believe you used the 996tt splitter part and then adapted diameters from the splitter to the heads. I believe this to be the other weak link.

We have addressed both the intake and exhaust cam durations (profiled both for turbo motor durations along with sloping to eliminate harmonic distortion). The parts between the throttle body and the heads have been designed and manufactured (from scratch) so as to eliminate any restriction/turbulance. These two areas have cost us over 60K to resolve. With the parts you already have it would cost about 6K to change because the research and testing has already been done. Once we are done and it proves out, I will gladly provide you with the information to make the changes to you own car.

Again, thanks for the help. You are now only the third person I know who has taken the step to successfully push the envelope on the GT3tt motor.

PS. Are you done with my axles? If not no worry.

Last edited by cjv; 12-05-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:11 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Does protomotive only have a dynojet..?

Old 12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thanks guys for the kind words... I really appreciated....
I have been quiet for a long time... I now can finally speak up
Chad, thank you for everything.
I know that we will get the flat spot out... at the time of the build out it would take us back another 2 months and who knows how much cash
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SMR
Does protomotive only have a dynojet..?
actually that was done at a shop outside of Protomotive. Proto uses Engine dynos. However, next week they will be receiving a AWD dyno
best,
markski

click to view

Old 12-05-2006, 04:42 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
actually that was done at a shop outside of Protomotive. Proto uses Engine dynos. However, next week they will be receiving a AWD dyno
best,
markski
But why doesn´t they run it at the engien dyno so we could se some true figures..

I mean the egien has been out of the car for a long time

Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by SMR
But why doesn´t they run it at the engien dyno so we could se some true figures..

I mean the egien has been out of the car for a long time
The set up alone would take alot of time... the problem was that most of the time was in R&D of the headwork.... and getting all the parts needed to complete it....
lets put it this way... Todd had to make custom cam hold down tools and custom one off piston hold down tools just to put the motor together...
I wanted the car back as well....
Yes we could have done some things better if time and money was of no essence...
markski

click to view

Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
SMR
The set up alone would take alot of time... the problem was that most of the time was in R&D of the headwork.... and getting all the parts needed to complete it....
lets put it this way... Todd had to make custom cam hold down tools and custom one off piston hold down tools just to put the motor together...
I wanted the car back as well....
Yes we could have done some things better if time and money was of no essence...
markski
I understand, i only think it was a great opertunity to have the engien dynod in the engien dyno....If all goes weel i also have a 4wd dyno soon, state of the art..

Old 12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
MARKSKI,

What kind of an AWD dyno will Protomotive be receiving?

Thx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Protomotive Monster is done: 871 rwhp@1.5 bars