996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Impressions of my new mods.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
GT3rs clutch is the way to go. Feels almost exactly like the stocker, but much better clamping. Unless you want to go over 600whp, then you need something stronger.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
+1 I just did the GT3rs setup, AWSOME!

Old 12-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Good stuff, Rob, Thanks for the review.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rwm514
Thx for your input. I think vivid was trying to get me a good setup for as low a price as possible which I appreciated. Im not worried though, they are stand up guys and going to take care of me if this clutch doesnt improve.
Typically the clutch will not improve if it is already hard to operate. We have a slave cylinder upgrade that will improve the pedal feel thus reducing the touchy engagement point that you are feeling. The OEM sachs motorsport clutch kits are ideal for your power level.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
Yeah, the streetability is terrible right now. Spec advises to rebleed it so we will see if that helps. I feel like I need a pit crew to push me from every stop .
Does your clutch also engage very hi up?
I havent got chatter but a strange new noise.
Take this car to Evoms.I have the same clutch and hated it.They have the fix for this clutch.It is superb with better feel than stock!The car will almost roll away from idle.I love this clutch now and used it all day at the Scottsdale drags and never stalled.Call them you'll love it!

Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Thx guys, Im starting to feel happy again!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:07 AM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nate@EVO
Typically the clutch will not improve if it is already hard to operate. We have a slave cylinder upgrade that will improve the pedal feel thus reducing the touchy engagement point that you are feeling. The OEM sachs motorsport clutch kits are ideal for your power level.
I used the stage 3+ clutch in anticipation of future turbo upgrades. I am very interested in the slave cylinder upgrade. Do you think it will solve the problem?

Old 12-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Does your clutch also engage very hi up?
I havent got chatter but a strange new noise.[/quote]

Yea the pick point is very small and very high. The exact opposit of my other car with a manual. Like the other guys said the Sachs set-up is the way to go.

Did you have any problems with the pilot bearing being loose in the flywheel? I had to get the guys at SPEC to install it because the original flywheel that was supplied the bearing just fell through the hole. Normally they are to be pressed in. Maybe this is part of the awfull noise it makes?

Are you guys sure all that harmonic and vibration is not bad for the trans or driveline??? It scares me to be honest.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Gunther- How is the green zone over in Iraq?
stay safe.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-06-2006, 04:02 AM
melsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nate@EVO
how come i dont see the slave cylinder upgrade on your site does it come with any of the clutch kit that you guys have? how much for that slave upgrade?

Old 12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by joetwint
Take this car to Evoms.I have the same clutch and hated it.They have the fix for this clutch.It is superb with better feel than stock!The car will almost roll away from idle.I love this clutch now and used it all day at the Scottsdale drags and never stalled.Call them you'll love it!
Thanks Joe. We used Joes car to develop the upgrade as he was not 100% satisfied with the way the clutch operated. Todd, John and Daryl developed a different slave cylinder system to work on this application. They had to machine some custom components to make this system work. The components are undergoing final testing in a few other cars and are going into production. We will have more information shortly.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by melsta
how come i dont see the slave cylinder upgrade on your site does it come with any of the clutch kit that you guys have? how much for that slave upgrade?
We will post more information on this upgrade once we have the production completed. This upgrade is a bolt on and will work with any clutch. I will make a formal post with the details when we have them ready.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
SMR, if you sell products, have some respect for others business. I laugh everytime you say the Big Boys...apparently you dont know anything about us. If you want to bash, have a pair and call me on the phone at least.

Rob and I talk all the time on email, so we can help out the situation. The Spec Clutch was in anticipation of going for 600+ WHP so it is a real strong race clutch.

Thanks for your input Nate. Spec says they design their clutches to release high. They also recommended a rebleed and that the clutch pedal will drop down once broken in. Either way, if it sucks and you hate, we will take it out and switch it out no problemo....

Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
SMR, if you sell products, have some respect for others business. I laugh everytime you say the Big Boys...apparently you dont know anything about us. If you want to bash, have a pair and call me on the phone at least.

Rob and I talk all the time on email, so we can help out the situation. The Spec Clutch was in anticipation of going for 600+ WHP so it is a real strong race clutch.

Thanks for your input Nate. Spec says they design their clutches to release high. They also recommended a rebleed and that the clutch pedal will drop down once broken in. Either way, if it sucks and you hate, we will take it out and switch it out no problemo....
So just becouse i also sell stuff i should be quite..?...I think people should know when things are wrong, no problem i will call but i will talk Swedich is that okey..?

I do not se you as the big tuners in the US i se Vivid as small compnay that try to sell cheap things and try to sell there pars no matter what

Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
If that is the same clutch that Joe has on his EVOMS GT800 it is very strong.
And, with the modified GT2 slave cylinder Joe said it drives beautifully!

Maybe take it to EVOMS (nothing against Vivid), and have it rectified.

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Impressions of my new mods.