996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Impressions of my new mods.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:44 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
If that is the same clutch that Joe has on his EVOMS GT800 it is very strong.
And, with the modified GT2 slave cylinder Joe said it drives beautifully!

Maybe take it to EVOMS (nothing against Vivid), and have it rectified.

MK
Thx woodster, I would love to have the clutch working properly.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
SMR - WASTE OF TIME. Call me and talk Spanish or Japanese, I dont care. If you think we are small time, then you are misinformed. You are what we call on a forum a HATER or TROLL.

Woodster - no offense taken.

Rob knows what is going on here.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
SMR - WASTE OF TIME. Call me and talk Spanish or Japanese, I dont care. If you think we are small time, then you are misinformed. You are what we call on a forum a HATER or TROLL.

Woodster - no offense taken.

Rob knows what is going on here.
Or Vivid is called a scam or a joke and everbody here is haters then..Are you so blind that you cant see that almost everybody think you are a joke...All you post is scam post, last dyno,the WG mod and etc..

Grow up, look at Evo,GMG,UMW,FVD and etc all of them are classacts

Last edited by SMR; 12-06-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
a Yoke? LOL Sorry Rob.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Sorry Rob

Go to Evo as alot of us suggested, then you can get the giac thing sorted also..2 bugs in one catch

Old 12-06-2006, 07:23 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SMR
Then i think you should talk to them now, go for a Gt3RS dics and a sach pressure plate and a RS flywheel drives like stock but hold like 700hp
+1....My wife drives our our TT and never even knew I put in a new clutch and LWFW... very civilized. Kevin

Old 12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
SMR
Originally Posted by KPG
+1....My wife drives our our TT and never even knew I put in a new clutch and LWFW... very civilized. Kevin
I bought my new setup only for the LWFW, my cluch is fine but hey when im in there i will change the cluch also

Old 05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Nate@EVO
Thanks Joe. We used Joes car to develop the upgrade as he was not 100% satisfied with the way the clutch operated. Todd, John and Daryl developed a different slave cylinder system to work on this application. They had to machine some custom components to make this system work. The components are undergoing final testing in a few other cars and are going into production. We will have more information shortly.
Nate:

I've looked everywhere and didn't manage to find the new information on your slave cylinder here on 6speed nor on your site. I've also emailed a couple months ago asking for info on this.

Can you please direct me to the info?

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
you will hear from chatter from the lw flywheel

Old 06-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
any update on this?

Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 AM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Old 06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
We need to know more about EVOM's slave mod., Nate? Dan?, cheers, Sonny.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Did the same thing to one of our cars. It works real nice. I can see this being popular.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Still no straight answer from EVOMS, need to know! Alex do you have the scoop on this?, cheers, Sonny.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Sonny,

Not sure if this is what EVO is doing, but my tech and I designed a system to circumvent the power assisted stock clutch set-up...for enhanced feedback and/or pedal feel. We used the 993 GT2 slave and master cylinders. It requires tapping the case on the oposite side of the stock 996tt slave. You can see how the case is designed for it with the flat spot to accept the slave and existing bosses for tapping, as this is where it was mounted in previous non-assisted versions. Then, since you are on the opposite side, a 993 shift fork has to be used, as it is a mirror opposite of the 996 version. A new hose is required and a new master cylinder. The result is increased pedal feel without the "vague" feel of the over assisted stock clutch. IMO, pedal effort (with the sachs "999" Motorsport pressure plate) is increased to slightly more than a 3.2 carrera, but close. Here is a picture of the 993 GT2 slave installed. You can see the opening on the opposite side where the stock slave mounted, as well as the former 996tt fork laying on the case. Later, the hole on the left was plugged with a rubber grommet. I have driven the car now for a few weeks with this mod and I can definitively say that I prefer it a lot more than the stock clutch. The clutch behaves in a very direct and predictable manner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Impressions of my new mods.