996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Project of the year!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:45 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I will update with some photos soon.

Markski...you know me better than that. I always provide sheets.

Old 12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
I will update with some photos soon.

Markski...you know me better than that. I always provide sheets.
that's for sure... LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-16-2006, 11:18 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta have show and tell!! I always loved that as a kid!

Old 12-18-2006, 01:08 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Hoping to have some fun soon!!! A good friend of mine with a protomotive GT 2 and I are going to do some runs... we will be filming this for our great colleques in the 6speedworld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is going to win??? GT 2 with 650 horspower vs TT with GT 700 kit... but whoever comes out on top..... it will be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Awesome Rob.....I didn't realize that this is your car when we first Imed....lets definately run them...but as you can see from my sig, I only have a smidge less than 600 (not 650).

Any chance we can go in the morning? I guess I will have to finally turn up the boost to keep up with you.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:52 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Sean

You have more power than :

Scott (divexxtreme)
2001 RWD 996TT
Previous setup: 580 RWHP/RWTQ - 10.6 @ 136.

New setup: Currently under construction at PROTOMOTIVE.

However, I am still looking forward to hooking up with you... Two Fast Porsches, Texas, Great Highways............ PRICELESS lol

Robert

Old 12-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The main problem I am encountering is traction. Even in low boost my tires sometime break loose. I have never had a car w/ this much power. Of course that is where driver skill comes in. I am going to try a high boost run soon (today I am tied up w/ my fiance and her family).

Maybe Stephen can chime in on this question: How long should I run the car before switching to high boost? Can I start up in high boost and just go easy for 10 minutes or so, or should I drive in low boost for a while and then switch over?

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I have only had this car for four days now.

On another note, I had Hans (a Porsche certified mechanic from the fatherland) look the car over and he said she is in perfect shape....all the aftermarket work and was excellent.

Edit: One other question; I just spoke w/ the former owner of my car (told him about the run plans and asked him about switching to high boost). He informed me that he had (mistakenly) fiddled w/ the high boost control ***. He suggests that I get the car re-tuned (or at least adjusted) before the run. He said that the guy to do it is Sam Shaleighlie (sp?) here in Houston, but he couldn't find his number. Does anyone know this person? I guess I can call S-Car-Go on Monday.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 12-18-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Sean
We can run them anytime you would like.. I am just waiting on Stephen to tell me when I can pick her up??? Up for a road trip??
Robert

Old 12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Edit: One other question; I just spoke w/ the former owner of my car (told him about the run plans and asked him about switching to high boost). He informed me that he had (mistakenly) fiddled w/ the high boost control ***. He suggests that I get the car re-tuned (or at least adjusted) before the run. He said that the guy to do it is Sam Shaleighlie (sp?) here in Houston, but he couldn't find his number. Does anyone know this person? I guess I can call S-Car-Go on Monday.
i also have a protomotive car....
if ur worried about High boost setting.... pm me and ill help u set it... its really easy.... Im sure u have a greddy boost controller....
make sure ur on 100+ octane gas before u do high boost runs... otherwise you will hurt the motor eventually.
These two cars will run neck to neck...
markski

click to view

Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Marski
Is your wife German??
Still love your car and where are the Videos
Robert

Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rob, she is Swedish...

it rained yesterday....

click to view

Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Why not make a plan and the two of you drive up. Sean I will put your steed on my dyno for free and help you set the boost. We have 100 octane in the shop. You and Rob can then cruise home.

Would be great to meet you anyway and hang out for spell.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Maybe Stephen can chime in on this question: How long should I run the car before switching to high boost? Can I start up in high boost and just go easy for 10 minutes or so, or should I drive in low boost for a while and then switch over?
That will depend on what the car makes. Rob is pushing the limit IMHO and stills needs a damn suspension and roll bar before he kills himself. ONce we look at the numbers we can better judge what is good for the car.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Tell me when she will be finished and I walk talk Sean into coming!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I will talk with the paint guy Mon and let you know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project of the year!