996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Project of the year!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
wow...thats looking great! What brand gt2 tail did you guys use?

Old 01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Carbon fiber on the wing is a really nice touch.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It does make the car. There is a long story behind that stupid tail!!

Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I like it!!!!!! nothing better than getting a good piece of tail LOL

Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen, I really would like to do a two tone interior with a little bit of blue to match the exterior. Do you have any mild suggestions?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robmd99
Stephen, I really would like to do a two tone interior with a little bit of blue to match the exterior. Do you have any mild suggestions?
Why not do carbon fiber mirrors, plus your CF tail, which matches the carbon interior pieces. Trying to dye those door carpet panels (you will also have to do the short carpet section on the rear trim panels as well, as they are in line with the door carpet) is going to be a major project (as we found out with the last interior change we did). I don't think it will come out as good as you think it will. I think the other problem will be going from 'black' to a 'dark blue.' Not sure how that will come out. Once you start, there isn't any going back with that project.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:56 PM
ND4SPED is infamous around these parts
great looking car

Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 AM
can you post fotos of the car, side fotos of the techarct splinters.. my exhuast etc....

Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I AM FINISHED WITH THIS PROJECT I WILL NOT BE ADDING ANYTHING ELSE... I HOPE TO HAVE IT BACK IN TEXAS IN ONE WEEK

Old 01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Rob, is your car the "Project of the Year" for 2006, 2007 or both?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:21 AM
THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN PROLONGED FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. AS WITH MANY EVOMS CUSTOMERS, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE NEW HITACHI MAF.. BUT AT THIS POINT I AM GIVING UP.. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT SHOULD BE SENT TO IMAGINE AUTO LAST WEEK. UNFORTUNATELY THIS NEVER HAPPENED BUT IT SHOULD COME IN THIS WEEK. EITHER WAY, MY CAR WILL BE BACK IN TEXAS WITH OR WITH OUT THE NEW MAF... HMMM IS THERE ANY OTHER TUNER WHO IS WILLING TO HELP ME COMPLETE THIS PROJECT IF I DONT RECEIVE THE HITACHI MAF?? I THINK I HAVE BEEN PATIENT LONG ENOUGH AND I HAVE PURCHASED WAY TO MANY ITEMS WHILE WAITING FOR THE LAST PIECE.. TIME HAS COME TO HAVE MY CAR BACK, I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT EVOMS DELIVERS.. STEPHEN, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING I KNOW IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 PM
KARL, I HOPE YOU CAN POST A FEW MORE FOTOS OF MY CAR AND THE PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION... FROM THE EXTERIOR TO THE INTERIOR FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN DOING A TRANSFORMATION... THIS CONVERSION SAVED ME FROM SELLING MY CAR. IT LOOKS GREAT FROM THE FOTOS AND I LOVE BLUE..
THANKS CARL AND STEPHEN

Old 01-17-2007, 02:04 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN PROLONGED FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. AS WITH MANY EVOMS CUSTOMERS, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE NEW HITACHI MAF.. BUT AT THIS POINT I AM GIVING UP.. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT SHOULD BE SENT TO IMAGINE AUTO LAST WEEK. UNFORTUNATELY THIS NEVER HAPPENED BUT IT SHOULD COME IN THIS WEEK. EITHER WAY, MY CAR WILL BE BACK IN TEXAS WITH OR WITH OUT THE NEW MAF... HMMM IS THERE ANY OTHER TUNER WHO IS WILLING TO HELP ME COMPLETE THIS PROJECT IF I DONT RECEIVE THE HITACHI MAF?? I THINK I HAVE BEEN PATIENT LONG ENOUGH AND I HAVE PURCHASED WAY TO MANY ITEMS WHILE WAITING FOR THE LAST PIECE.. TIME HAS COME TO HAVE MY CAR BACK, I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT EVOMS DELIVERS.. STEPHEN, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING I KNOW IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.
Rob, I hope it all works out for you. Hope to see you in Tulsa ..Kevin

Old 01-17-2007, 02:15 PM
KEVIN
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, YES I WILL BECOMING!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE SOME UMW 3B AS WELL AS MARSKI CAR !!!!! I MIGHT BE THE SLOWEST CAR THERE LOL BUT I HOPE IT WILL BE THE PRETTIEST.. DOES THAT COUNT?? YES, MY CAR SHOULD BE FINISHED IN A WEEK AS PROMISED BY TODD Z. I HOPE BEFORE I PICK IT UP THAT KARL WILL TAKE SEVERAL FOTOS AND PAST THEM HERE FOR ALL TO SEE.... HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 01-17-2007, 02:16 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Parts keep showing up for this car......

GT3 seats with carbon fiber backs to match the console/shifter, etc. The backs don't show up good in the pictures, but they are sweeeeeet. I think this car really needs at least a harness bar and a good set of 5 points now Of course, I say this after I installed the darn seats, lol.

SWEET! they're in place where they should be. i'll miss them for sure!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project of the year!