996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Seinfeld's 959

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I think you look at things differently when you are a collector as opposed to when you drive the car somewhat regular. Low production and originality count for much more than other things in the eyes of most collectors. I'm sure he had a choice and made it.

Old 02-18-2004, 08:12 PM
No Substitute is infamous around these parts
I'm happy to hear the Stars are aligned with us.
Craig

Old 02-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
WTF is up with Larry David and his stupid Hybrid's? Seinfeld should talk some sense into him.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:16 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Rave TT
WTF is up with Larry David and his stupid Hybrid's? Seinfeld should talk some sense into him.
Larry used to have a GS 430 which is much cooler than the Prius. I belive it is his car in real life too.

Eric

Old 02-19-2004, 12:06 AM
pirahna is infamous around these parts
Anyone here ever seen the 959's sold by Canepa designs, I drive past their shop everyday. A while back they had eight that they were working on, I would love to get one of those.
www.canepa.com

Old 02-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Knife is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
In the excellence article he stated his love for this car, he doesn't want the AC, Leather, Seats, Electronic suspension, he said he preferred the car bare bones.
That's a true driving car.

Old 02-19-2004, 03:17 AM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
I think the difference is like having a TT or a GT2, to each his own. As a friend of my with GT2 resently said to me, "it seems most complaints about GT2's don't come from the people that own them" Great point. Myself I know I'd prefer a GT2 ... a GT3 ... and a Sport 959 oh, and a Mclaren F1 LM but, that's just me. However, air condition is a must... I thought the sports could have air... Another thing I think is really cool, is the roll cage in the 3 Sports I've been in. Does anyone know if all thirty had them? Does Jerrys have the cage?

Old 02-19-2004, 06:08 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
Two years ago I was leaving the F1 race at the Nurburgring when a black 959 came blowing by on the autobahn. Phenomenal car. The factory also had their display 959 at the headquarters in Ludwigsburg which was also remarkable. It was one of those "cut up" models revealing the various components. I'd even take that one.

Old 02-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Sorry to be stupid but what does one look like?

Old 02-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Tim W.
what does one look like?
Here is pic of a 959.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:17 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
The first twin turbo road car. They sold for about $250k as I recall, but brought insane money on the secondary market, especially in Japan. All kinds of trick, innovative stuff. Looks a lot like the 96-97 turbos, in my opinion, but with a different tail. A very special street car that I've lusted after since its intoduction. Right up there with the 935 and GT1.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:36 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Red Devil
I think you look at things differently when you are a collector as opposed to when you drive the car somewhat regular. Low production and originality count for much more than other things in the eyes of most collectors. I'm sure he had a choice and made it.
Bingo!!

Old 02-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Yellow Zonker is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RobynC
Ditto that, I was so in awe of that 959 I didn't get a single decent shot of it. Simply stunning.

It's one thing when you see them flat bedded to a car show...it's another when you see it driven. It left me rather speechless when it pulled in...which I assure you, is a rarity in my case!
Head over to Canepa Design in Santa Cruz (soon to be Scotts Valley). He usually has anywhere from 13 to +20 of them on his lot. In the past couple of weeks some p-car nuts toured his shop and he had 22 of them.....

Kim

Old 02-20-2004, 04:42 PM
996twin is infamous around these parts
yeah.. funny thing about these famous people, first thing they do when they get home from a long day's work on the set at Paramount studios, is turn on their computers and surf straight to 6speedonline...

Old 02-20-2004, 05:28 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Cary Eisenlohr
I think the difference is like having a TT or a GT2, to each his own. As a friend of my with GT2 resently said to me, "it seems most complaints about GT2's don't come from the people that own them" Great point. Myself I know I'd prefer a GT2 ... a GT3 ... and a Sport 959 oh, and a Mclaren F1 LM but, that's just me. However, air condition is a must... I thought the sports could have air... Another thing I think is really cool, is the roll cage in the 3 Sports I've been in. Does anyone know if all thirty had them? Does Jerrys have the cage?
Cary, this is something I felt like sharing and although it doesn't have much to do with what you've posted it reminded me of a thread about a year ago on rennlist. About a year ago, there was a video posted on rennlist of a GT2 that hit the armco hard at the ring, apparently the driver had a GT3 cup car in addition to his GT2 and was "experienced" behind the wheel of a 911 around the Nurburgring. Well, the original poster made the assumption that since Mr. I-have-all-the-tightest-Porsche-racecars crashed his GT2 in such a fashion that it must've been the cars fault and that the GT2 is "impossible to drive at the limit". I jumped into the thread, only having been a passenger in a GT2 around a racetrack and said that just maybe the guy who crashed his GT2 had a little bit more money than brains and didn't know exactly what he had gotten himself into with this car. Maybe this supposed experienced ring runner wasn't so experienced after all. And once I said that, the **** really hit the fan. I was flamed heavily from a lot of people. The first person to come to my defense was deanger, who at the time was getting comfortable driving his GT2 near its limits. After everyone had cooled off and told me I was a stupid little kid, other people started popping up and agreeing with me (to a certain extent at least). It's really funny how times and opinions change...BTW, here's the post on rennlist:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...g&pagenumber=1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seinfeld's 959