996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is a porsche a car for a "younger" kid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Maybe it would motivate me to get off of 6Speed and actually go do some more of whatever it is I do . . .
Do you really need a watch to surf for ****... Your words BTW

Old 12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Along these lines, I'm still a kid at heart, and I wish one of you Ballers would give me one of those Richard Mille FM005 ti watches I been wanting, so I can see what that **** feels like! Maybe it would motivate me to get off of 6Speed and actually go do some more of whatever it is I do . . .
pshhhh yeah I think it's time you start workin' man... MEXICO BLUE 997 GT3 time...

I hope you realize what I meant. In NO way was it supposed to an obnoxious post-- just another way look at a common view.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Honestly Vicious I am able to speak a little for you on this subject.

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET ACCEPTED TO CORNELL. I thought you had to have a common sense about things to at least go there. I am 24 and bought my Turbo on an impulse buy as my mother had died a month earlier. BUT MY GOD.. You are getting a little pocket change and want to spend it ASAP.. SAVE MY FELLOW YOUNGSTER... Dont be foolish and let your child like ideas take you to the poor house. .

Old 12-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Joey,

You are unusually mature for your age and are unfortuntely the exception. Most are like the OP....if you want to see his true colors, see his other post.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Joey,

You are unusually mature for your age and are unfortuntely the exception. Most are like the OP....if you want to see his true colors, see his other post.
Thanks, and will do.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vicious
Yes, by all means buy it, promptly drive it off a cliff and die in the subsequent resulting fire. You're 19, at Cornell, and asking a bunch of random people how to spend a huge chunk of cash you supposedly earned.

Yes it's ****ing brilliant to be 20 and dump near $100grr into a depreciating asset when you still live at home. How exactly did you get into cornell? I'd love to forward this to admin there and get you booted for having the common sense of a do do bird.

My money says this ingrown hair on the ******* of society is really in junior college, drives a busted *** jap import, and will still be living at home when he's 30.

He should thank my g/f for me being in a particularly calm mood this morning.
OWNED!!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 12:55 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
This depends on how much money you want to spend too........I'm 23 turning 24....I got a good stable paying job....and I am coming off a 2003 SC 350z making good power running 12.3's in the 1/4, which i think is enough to hang right next too a stock 996TT (never got to race a stock one). My next car that im getting in the spring has to be able to hang with it or I'm not going to enjoy it. My choices are a 05' M3 wait and get an 08' M3 or a 996TT..... Which are all within $10k of each other either above or below $60k. For the money I see myself in a 996TT no questions asked.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:04 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Alot of sense.
I like and agree with what you say.

Ultimately it does depend on the person, I believe having options like this as a youngster gives you the oppurtunity to do the right thing...but also the opportunity to **** it all up.

Ashok, I think the jump from an X3 to a turbo is large, but not silly....before i started driving some serious cars i enrolled in many driving/racing schools. I think that would be a good bet.

all the best
adam

Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 PM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
I doubt driving schools are as good at his age as self control and common sense. I mean think of your friends how they drove at 19. It has nothing to do with what to do when you run over a pedestrian or pass 5 cars on a hill.
When I was a young man my friends were going 110mph through town in a little CRX. I did not participate, I did see them though. I think to own any powerful car you should already be a mature civic driver.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:22 PM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
Ashok,

If you can afford it without getting your father to pay for the Turbo, then I say do it. But if I were you, I would take your money that you will be making from your deal and invest it in your company. Then you can buy two or three turbo's and your friends will respect you more and not think of you as a spoiled rich kid.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:16 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cpu77
I doubt driving schools are as good at his age as self control and common sense. I mean think of your friends how they drove at 19. It has nothing to do with what to do when you run over a pedestrian or pass 5 cars on a hill.
When I was a young man my friends were going 110mph through town in a little CRX. I did not participate, I did see them though. I think to own any powerful car you should already be a mature civic driver.
Couldnt agree more.

I think the best solution is common sense and a knowledge of the car and driving dynamics.

You dont have to be driving a 996 turbo to do serious damage

all the best
adam

Old 12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
A 911 turbo in all honesty is probably a bit far fetched for what I assume is a soph in college. If you want to be smart and enjoy a nice car, a nice E46 M3 or maybe something like a 1999-01 Carrera would probably already be on the high end of things...I wouldn't go with a turbo until a few years later. Use the difference for investments and you're young so maybe try some things with a tad bit higher volitility. Maybe something with 15% return +/-

Just my 2cents

Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 PM
killerbee is infamous around these parts
can you say troll......

Old 12-14-2006, 04:00 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Already Banned! Alas, poor Ashok, we hardly knew ye . . .

Old 12-14-2006, 06:02 PM
kiko is infamous around these parts
I reckon the Super Moderator should have warned him first. Ashok took alot of **** talking himself...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is a porsche a car for a "younger" kid?