996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rennsport Reunion in Daytona... whose going???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 12:54 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Those in the Orlando area.....

When the event arrives, Max and I will be caravaning up to the speedway from the Lake Mary/Heathrow area on I-4 ,Friday am & Saturday am along with a few other Porsches. Anyone interested in joining our group is more than welcome.....

Old 02-20-2004, 01:19 PM
tuner is infamous around these parts
I will be at rennsport with my usual rat pack, First round is on me!
cheers
Bryan

Old 02-23-2004, 12:39 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
In speaking with GaryFl, he also showed interest in attending. Maybe outside of the event we "6speed" people and others interested could do like dinner or something in the area....

Old 02-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I say we do an early dinner around 4:00pm if possible since I need to come back to Jacksonville.

Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RDH
In speaking with GaryFl, he also showed interest in attending. Maybe outside of the event we "6speed" people and others interested could do like dinner or something in the area....
Exactly what I was thinking. Anybody up for dinner at Lollipops? Just joking, I do not think the wifes club would appreciate that to much. Perhaps an early dinner for those that may be interested. We could look into a group reservation for "X" number of people at one of the local places. We need to know who would be interested first before we start messing with reservations, especialy for a larger group.

If dinner is going to be a hassle we could just plan a small get2gether within the Rennsport event itself on either Friday or Saturday. We could plan on meeting at one of the exhibitions/booths on Saturday at say 1.30pm or something.

Feedback and thoughts???

Last edited by Sloth; 02-23-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Max,

Is there a registration necessary to get into this event? What is the likelyhood that we would all (6Speeders) be able to park together? What are the grounds like? Is it in the infield or surrounding areas? Need more info!?!?

Britt

Old 03-03-2004, 07:53 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by greyghost
Max,

Is there a registration necessary to get into this event? What is the likelyhood that we would all (6Speeders) be able to park together? What are the grounds like? Is it in the infield or surrounding areas? Need more info!?!?

Britt
What hotel did you guys make reservations at?

Old 03-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by greyghost
Max,

Britt
Britt,

Get your tickets in advance, just follow the ticket link on the Rennsport website. Being that the tix are on sale through Daytona International I would think you could buy your tix there.

I am not 100% sure, but I can only imagine that the event and the parking is going to be on the infield. If we all wanted to park together, I would suggest we meet up outside the track so we can all go in together. If we do this it would also be a good idea for everbody to already have their tix. Otherwise, the chances of us parking together are pretty slim. Parking is by car type, but I think all 911's are going to be together.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
What hotel did you guys make reservations at?
Gary,

I am staying at the Courtyard in Lake Mary/Heathrow. Rob, myself, and perhaps some others are going to caravan in from there. Stay around there and join us for the ride in... It is about 40 miles to Daytona, long enough to warm the car up properly.

Old 03-04-2004, 04:50 AM
Max,

Thanks for the info. BTW the tickets are $60. You would think that Porsche Club mnembers would get a break. I will be checking with Bob Barren the Zone 12 PCA representative to see if I can get some complimentary tickets. I will get as many as I can and keep you posted.

I think a new post may be in order to get a formal list going.

Britt

Old 03-04-2004, 06:03 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by Sloth
Gary,

I am staying at the Courtyard in Lake Mary/Heathrow. Rob, myself, and perhaps some others are going to caravan in from there. Stay around there and join us for the ride in... It is about 40 miles to Daytona, long enough to warm the car up properly.
Have a number??

Old 03-04-2004, 06:26 AM
RDH
Gary.....Courtyard By Marriott at Lake Mary/ Heathrow...Extremely reasonable rates. Since this event is the entire wk end????
We'll have a nice group together for the ride in....Instead of Bike Week in Daytona it will be Porsche Week....we'll all have to hit A1A ........

Old 03-04-2004, 07:01 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by RDH
Gary.....Courtyard By Marriott at Lake Mary/ Heathrow...Extremely reasonable rates. Since this event is the entire wk end????
We'll have a nice group together for the ride in....Instead of Bike Week in Daytona it will be Porsche Week....we'll all have to hit A1A ........
Reservations made.... for Friday and Saturday night...

Old 03-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Reservations made.... for Friday and Saturday night...
Glad to hear you are going to make it. Should be a real good time.

Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 AM
RDH
Great... It's going to be a blast!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.