996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dynod My Car Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:14 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Dynod My Car Today

Ok, so I Dynod my 2001 996 TT (Tiptronic) today. Here is a breif rundown on the Dyno and car..

Its a Protomotive Tuning/Turbo Package with EVOMS & Protomotive parts. Here are the following mods. I just purchased it about 5 days ago and since then, Todd at EVOMS has installed Silicone Boost Hoses and Wastegates.

Protomotive K24/18G turbochargers;
Protomotive 5 bar FPR
Protomotive ECU
Headers (ported, ceramic coated);
Greddy PRofec B-Spec 2 boost controller;
EVOMS Billet Diverter Valve;
EVOMS V-Flow intake (dry filter)
Fabspeed Sport exhaust
Protomotive Wastegates
EVOMS Silicone Boost Hoses

I spent today trying to dial in the Boost controller and get everything straight. I wanted to put it on the Dyno to make sure my AFR' s were safe. I did a total of 4 Dyno Pulls and adjusted some things after each pull.

BTW: The air conditioning and radio were accidently left ON during all the dyno runs? Also the car has 19" wheels

It was dyno-ed on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno which tend to read a little low as some of you already know. According to the Shop owner, the correction factor or drivetrain loss for this Dyno is 35% or x by 1.35.

All runs were done with 100 octane in the tank!

1st Run (High Boost @ 1.38 Bar) 492 AWHP 545 TQ (AFR's were to leam, running to much boost)
2nd run (High Boost @ 1.35 Bar) 489 AWHP 543 TQ (ARS's still a little to lean)
3rd Run (High Boost @ 1.3 Bar) 479AWHP 540 TQ (AFR's around 12.7 - 13.0 - Safer but still not perfect)
4th Run (Low Boost or Pump Gas Setting @ 1.1 Bar) 440 AWHP 514 TQ (AFR's range mid 11's to low 12's)

So if I had to pick a run that I felt comfortable with, I would go with run #3 @ 479 AWHP = roughly 640 Crank HP

Still need to get it dialed in a bit more, but the Pump file seems to be perfect at this point! The Race Gas or High Boost still needs a little work...

Last edited by AzExoticLover; 12-21-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Those are some great runs, bro! That correction factor is too high (I use dyno-dynamics myself...so I know), but the car is definitely strong. Congrats!

Old 12-21-2006, 12:51 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Those are some great runs, bro! That correction factor is too high (I use dyno-dynamics myself...so I know), but the car is definitely strong. Congrats!
Scott

Thanks man! The car feels VERY solid! I cant wait until I have everything dialed in and the EVOMS Intercoolers installed...

What kind of correction factor are you getting for a Dyno Dynamics?

I was told 25% for Rear Wheel Drive & 35% for All Wheel Drive

Thanks buddy

Old 12-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
thats 3rd run seems good.... 480 awhp... I would not run it past 1.3 bars....
Looks good....

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
thats 3rd run seems good.... 480 awhp... I would not run it past 1.3 bars....
Looks good....

markski
I agree! A solid 1.3 and sustained was perfect!

Old 12-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AzExoticLover
Scott

Thanks man! The car feels VERY solid! I cant wait until I have everything dialed in and the EVOMS Intercoolers installed...

What kind of correction factor are you getting for a Dyno Dynamics?

I was told 25% for Rear Wheel Drive & 35% for All Wheel Drive

Thanks buddy
I've used 2 different Dyno-Dynamics dynos, 2 Mustangs, and 3 or 4 Dyno-Jets over the years. All with multiple cars. I'd say the Dyno-Dynamics reads about 4-5% lower than a Dyno-Jet and Mustang reads around 2-3% lower than a Dyno-Jet.

Again, all that matters is what's at the wheels...not what the correction factor tells you the engine power is...and 480 at all 4 wheels is *strong* on a Dyno-Dynamics. I bet you'd hit 510+ AWHP on a Dyno-Jet.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-21-2006 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I ordered my plugs just right now... Dave get the same ones... Todd recommends them....
Also, we run different oil.... 20w50 valvoline racing VR1(silver bottle $2.99 each)
mark

click to view

Old 12-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I've used 2 different Dyno-Dynamics dynos, 2 Mustangs, and 3 or 4 Dyno-Jets over the years. All with multiple cars. I'd say the Dyno-Dynamics reads about 4-5% lower than a Dyno-Jet and Mustang reads around 2-3% lower than a Dyno-Jet.

Again, all tha matters is what's at the wheels...not what the correction factor tells you your engine power is...and 480 at all 4 wheels is *strong* on a Dyno-Dynamics. I bet you'd hit 510+ AWHP on a Dyno-Jet.
No, you are right! Everyone including me get caught up in "Crank" HP and speculating what it equals.... Wheel Hp is what counts!

Like I said, the car feels strong! It hits SO hard between 3800 rpm and redline....... Todd did a great job! Even the guy running the Dyno was impressed with the power he saw and felt!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I ordered my plugs just right now... Dave get the same ones... Todd recommends them....
Also, we run different oil.... 20w50 valvoline racing VR1(silver bottle $2.99 each)
mark
10-4 to that! consider it done!

Old 12-21-2006, 02:45 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
That's awesome to hear Dave. I'm glad you're taking the car mods to the next level.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:48 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Was this done at EVOMS' new facility?
Do they have both dynos hooked up yet?

Great people, great shop, I am sure they will help you get
your car set up perfectly!

Great numbers by the way.

Congrats,

Marty

Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by RT7
That's awesome to hear Dave. I'm glad you're taking the car mods to the next level.
Thanks Ron!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Was this done at EVOMS' new facility?
Do they have both dynos hooked up yet?

Great people, great shop, I am sure they will help you get
your car set up perfectly!

Great numbers by the way.

Congrats,

Marty
Marty

No, it was not Dynod at EVOMS, there All Wheel Dyno just got delivered and ont be operational for a week or so... I will however put it on their dyno as soon as I can...

Dave

Old 12-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
get the hoses rechecked.... maybe a leak...

click to view

Old 12-21-2006, 05:58 PM
I forgot to get the Torque #'s.... I will get those today and let you know!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dynod My Car Today