996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MAF & EVO VFlow Intake - Now I'm Concerned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Yes I had a stage IV with V flow and I blew mine twice in less than a year.. my car is currently at Imagine Auto getting a the New GT 700 Kit. This NEW KIT comes with the new Hitachi MAF and housing, a different mapping for the ECU as well as a different bosch meter. I am trusting EVOLUTION MOTOR SPORTS to get this KIT done currently and as promised. Time will tell.
If memory serves me correctly, the 996tt MAF is rated for 485 hp. I believe the modified Mustang MAF will handle 1100 hp. I have heard about people trying to use the Hitachi MAF in the experimental stage, but I do not know of anyone who has actually run them day in and day out on the road yet. I hope it works out great. Maybe Stephen can tell us what hp the modified Hatachi MAF is rated for and maybe something about it.

The MAF has been a real problem for high hp 996tt motors. Let's all hope this will become history. Is it just me or what. I feel it is people like us that are responsible for the evolution of power for the 996tt motor. Not really any help from Porsche. They took these motors to 600 hp with the GT1 and haven't done anything since. Just obtaining information about these motors is worse than pulling teeth. You might say they are extremely luck to have fans like us.

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:58 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
So where do we get the modified Mustang MAF? Is it a direct plug-in? Or do we need to modify the programming? TIA

Old 12-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Markski,

Where did you purchse the FORD MAF ? And what else did u need to do other than replace it with the factory Bosch MAF inorder for it to work ?

Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Yes...my gt2 has been sitting in the garage for 3 weeks with a blown MAF. Someone chime in with the new Hitachi unit. I don't feel like blowing money on the stock unit...........unless I'm going back to stock.........EVO>>>>WHERE ARE U>>>HELP

Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
I installed the EVO V-Flow and did a ECU Flash on a 2005 Turbo S and the MAF blew instantly... We wound up pulling off the intake and replacing the MAF...no problems since. It sounds like the HP limitation is real as this car was pushed just above that and immediately killed the MAF...

Arling and Tom decided (their words to me) to stop installing them on X50/Turbo S cars until further info/fixes became available...

Evidently non X50 cars have had much fewer issues but I'm no expert...

Old 12-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
You might say they are extremely luck to have fans like us.

Yea when a company puts out a so called premium product and have constant RMS issues among others. I have a very bad head gasket leak right now and a MAF that is bad. This all after I just fixed my AOS issue.

There is no reason that Porsche would not turbo or SC the Boxster and Cayman except to build more sales for the 911.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I believe Markski had Protomotive do the Mustang MAF mod along with custom tuning. This is not a plug and play to my knowledge.

No real data on the MAF and V-Flow co-relation. My car has blown two MAFs in less than a few thousand miles. I'm running 1.2BAR on a mostly stock K24 car with exhaust and flash.

Anyone take off the V-Flow and have MAF issues go away?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-21-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:57 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
I blew mine doing my 0-160 run w/ the drift box, took that piece of sht V flow off, Im waiting for Kevins stage 3 w/ the CF intake & the larger MAF.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:59 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
what is the larger MAF you are refering about, who makes it? how much horsepower is it rated at??

Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ari
I believe Markski had Protomotive do the Mustang MAF mod along with custom tuning. This is not a plug and play to my knowledge.

No real data on the MAF and V-Flow co-relation. My car has blown two MAFs in less than a few thousand miles. I'm running 1.2BAR on a mostly stock K24 car with exhaust and flash.

Anyone take off the V-Flow and have MAF issues go away?
I remember a post that someone made that said they took off the v-flow after blowing maf's and that stopped the issue. ARI are you running a v-flow?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
what is the larger MAF you are refering about, who makes it? how much horsepower is it rated at??
Kevin @ Ultimate Motorwerks, I dont know the exact rating, but it's up there!

Old 12-21-2006, 10:11 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
what is up there?? do you mean 500? 600hp? 700hp? what will your car be producing?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I wish Kevin would chyme in or maybe from EVOMS or Marski??

Old 12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Indykid
I remember a post that someone made that said they took off the v-flow after blowing maf's and that stopped the issue. ARI are you running a v-flow?
Yes. It seems to me I've blown MAFs since. I'm taking it off next week and will report.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 PM
what is up there?? do you mean 500? 600hp? 700hp? what will your car be producing?
I dont want to speculate on specifics, check out the thread on rennlist
ULTIMATE AIR BOX & MAF.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MAF & EVO VFlow Intake - Now I'm Concerned