996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Group buy for new fire extinguisher bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:16 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ColorChange
Looks beautiful but I need the sub harness.
Your putting a sub belt on for the passenger???

Old 02-21-2004, 08:22 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dpblessing
Justin;
That bracket was initially the result of my desire to install my SafeCraft extinguisher when I got GT3 seats. I have no need for a harness (and wanted something other than the more costly multiple part BK setup) - therefore an anti-sub crossbar was specifically excluded from my initial request. This was sort of an effort from the "Street Performance" side of AkkuratPGI, but I know the "Race Track Performance" element of thier company also looked at it, so it may be also applicable with an anti-sub bar.
I trust that George will respond when he gets a chance.
Got ya Doug, I agree with you on the BK mount for the GT3 seats, well I have the anti sub mounts on both sides and need to accomadate that, fire ext mounted to the roll bar now.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:23 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Rockitman: Yes, it's generally a point of professional courtesy to have the same safety equipment the driver has offered to the passenger (instructor). I will probably leave the passenger belt installed but remove mine.

Old 02-22-2004, 09:38 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ColorChange
Rockitman: Yes, it's generally a point of professional courtesy to have the same safety equipment the driver has offered to the passenger (instructor). I will probably leave the passenger belt installed but remove mine.
Agreed...It seems to me that if the sub bar bracket attaches to the same bolts as this Fire Ext. bracket, one could use longer bolts than stock so that you could put the sub bracket in then put the fire ext. bracket right on top or vice versa (stack them) then tighten the nuts....

Here's a pic of the BK sub strap mount bracket R-9030

Last edited by rockitman; 02-22-2004 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:04 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
Agreed...It seems to me that if the sub bar bracket attaches to the same bolts as this Fire Ext. bracket, one could use longer bolts than stock so that you could put the sub bracket in then put the fire ext. bracket right on top or vice versa (stack them) then tighten the nuts....
I studied my GT3 seat last night. The "bolts" involved are actually studs that seem to not be easily removable. However, they are long enough to capture the AkkuratPGI extinguisher bracket and the thickness of a sub-bar with the factory nut fully engaged on the factory stud threads.

So, other than the upty-down turns in the sub-bars and the downward bend in the AkkuratPGI bracket that would need to go together, the sub-bar seems very possible.

I will bug George tomorrow to physically put the two together.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks Doug. I will be ordering one tomorrow afternoon from George. Are you using that same chrome safecraft halon fire extinguisher shown in the picture??? How much is that with the clamps???

Almost forgot. What size is the safecraft???

Last edited by rockitman; 02-22-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
I might be interested in one too. Will the bracket take any 5lb extinguisher or is it only for the Safecraft shown?

Chris,
Some DE groups require that driver and passenger have the same restraint systems. I suppose you could always go back to the standard 3 points if you have a passenger.

Old 02-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Sloth

Chris,
Some DE groups require that driver and passenger have the same restraint systems. I suppose you could always go back to the standard 3 points if you have a passenger.
Good point Max. If I am unable to do the sub bar with this Fire Ext. mount bracket, perhaps I will have to look into the BK system where you can do both. Otherwise, I may be happy with a 4 point. It's not like I will be racing this car at the 24hr of Daytona...For the amount a track days/de's that I will probably do in this car, a 5 or 6 point may be overkill and probably not very comfortable for everyday use on the street...

Old 02-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Gentlemen, the SafeCraft extinguishers shown is 2.5 lb halon. The AkkuartPGI bracket has been predrilled to accept the Safecratft billet extinguisher bracket for either driver side or passenger side mounting.
If you wanted to mount another extinguisher plate you would likely need to drill holes to match up with whatever base plate you had, but you certainly could easily do that.

Does anyone even make a bracket to mount a 5 lb extinguisher from under a seat?

I know AkkuratPGI sells & installs SafeCraft systems and equipment, but I also recall that there is so little mark-up in the small individual extinguishers that they do not mind you buying those direct from SafeCraft at $304 for the 2.5lb with the Safecraft billet bracket that then mounts to the AkkuratPGI bracket.

Last edited by dpblessing; 02-22-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know if Halon extinguishers go dead over time and require periodic recharging like the chemical variety???

Old 02-23-2004, 02:54 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Doug,

Very nice bracket! If I get the GT3 seats I'll need one of those bad boys.....and that yellow extinguisher looks amazing!

Old 02-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Doug,

Very nice bracket! If I get the GT3 seats I'll need one of those bad boys.....and that yellow extinguisher looks amazing!
"if I get GT3 seats.... ?

"If"... ?

"IF"...?

... Don't you mean "When".

Last edited by dpblessing; 02-23-2004 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Just ordered the setup including fire extinguisher and billet mounting bracket as pictured above from George at Akkurat. He also indicated that the exitinguisher mounting tray works with the BK sub belt bracket for those that have harness set ups. The mounting plate and the sub bar bracket stack on top of each other using the same mounting studs. Nice!!! :-)

Old 03-22-2004, 03:10 PM
I just installed the final anodized version myself a few days ago. I went with the black anodized version... it is pretty invisible in the shadows around the extinguisher.

And, yes, they do work with the BK sub-bar very nicely indeed.

Sharky has volunteered his car to be the ghetto lab rat to see if they also bolt right in with the sub-bar that he got from Gert.

Old 03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
can you attach to sport seats? or is it only for gt3's?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group buy for new fire extinguisher bracket