996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Group buy for new fire extinguisher bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 03:38 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by OKHJOON190
can you attach to sport seats? or is it only for gt3's?
This particular bracket was made to go with the GT3 seat. I am pretty sure (from seeing the underside of a factory seat compared to the GT3 seat) that it will NOT work with the factory sport seat.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by dpblessing
I just installed the final anodized version myself a few days ago. I went with the black anodized version... it is pretty invisible in the shadows around the extinguisher.

And, yes, they do work with the BK sub-bar very nicely indeed.

Sharky has volunteered his car to be the ghetto lab rat to see if they also bolt right in with the sub-bar that he got from Gert.
Cool looking forward to this. I've had my halon fire extinguisher sitting in the garage collecting dust until I got this figured out

Old 03-22-2004, 04:57 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait, mine is getting installed as we speak !

Old 03-22-2004, 05:03 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully we will never have to use them...

Old 03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by KPV
If you have sub belt brackets, will this work?
I was up at Akkurat this morning and George had the Carnewal sub-bar out of Fred's car. The AkkuratePGI extinguisher plate works just fine - no interference at all. It also installed with a BK sub-bar last week.

So, the answer is, yes the AkkuratPGI Extinguisher Plate works with both the BK and the Carnewal sourced sub-bars.

It also makes an excellent grated parmesan

Old 03-26-2004, 06:13 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Kudos to Akkurat!!!

Just received my fire extinguisher mounting bracket for my passenger side GT3 seat. I ordered the silver version. Much to my surprise when I opened the package, I found two brackets. One silver, the other black anodized. George was generous enough to include both so that I could see which one looked best with my car and return at my leisure the one I didn't choose. What a way to do business. Thanks George!!!

Old 03-26-2004, 09:13 PM
So, which one are you going to keep and install???

Old 03-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by dpblessing
So, which one are you going to keep and install???
The fire extinguisher is not here yet. It's drop shipped from safecraft directly, so I need to wait to put it the car so I can mount the billet bracket to the plate first and make the final decision. With my black interior...I dare say I will be going with the black one...

I am glad George sent me both.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:48 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I liked the black one as it just looks so hidden and the extinguisher is suspended Great job guys and thanks to Doug for helping me out