996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Group buy for new fire extinguisher bracket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Akkurat is infamous around these parts
Group buy for new fire extinguisher bracket

We are currently taking orders for our new extinguisher bracket designed to fit the GT3 seats. These aluminum brackets are made and designed to be installed without having to remove the seats. They are a one piece design that have been pre-drilled to accept the SafeCraft fire extinguishers. The brackets were designed in conjunction with DPBlessing for his C4S without sub-belts. List price for these brackets are $109.79. For a limited time, we are accepting orders from 6speedonline members for an introductory price of $89.95 Please contact us for more information.

Larger pictures can be seen at: http://www.akkuratpgi.com/fabrication.html

Thanks,
George
Akkurat Performance Group, Inc.
(650)381-0000
George@AkkuratPGI.com

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2004, 11:11 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work George. I will be in touch next week. Do you sell that chrome safecraft halon as pictured or can you recommend someone? Thanks.

Old 02-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, Who would have thought a fire extinguisher could look so cool!

Nice work!

Old 02-21-2004, 07:27 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
That looks too nice. I wouldn't even use it. Just leave the car in flames.

Oh, and do I see a Techart Wheel Cofee table???

Old 02-21-2004, 08:18 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
If you have sub belt brackets, will this work?

Old 02-21-2004, 08:30 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
will this fit regular sport seats?

Old 02-21-2004, 09:50 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Sub belts here, I would think that most people that have interest in this would have GT3 seats, sub belts and wanted a fire ext for track events, so this doesnt work with sub belts? Also does this only work with Safecraft mount and ext?

Old 02-21-2004, 05:17 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Justin;
That bracket was initially the result of my desire to install my SafeCraft extinguisher when I got GT3 seats. I have no need for a harness (and wanted something other than the more costly multiple part BK setup) - therefore an anti-sub crossbar was specifically excluded from my initial request. This was sort of an effort from the "Street Performance" side of AkkuratPGI, but I know the "Race Track Performance" element of thier company also looked at it, so it may be also applicable with an anti-sub bar.
I trust that George will respond when he gets a chance.

Old 02-21-2004, 05:44 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
The sub belt issue does'nt seem to be much of an issue for me...Why does the passenger seat need one anyways??? Is it really necessary to have a passenger strapped in that much??? I can't imagine that chix would enjoy it. If your racing to the extreme that a sub belt would be warranted for the passenger...they probably would'nt want to be in the car in the first place...
I can envision a 4 point set up for the passenger( so as to closely match the driver seat) and have the 5 point with sub-belt for the pilot...
Does this make sense???
I can see for those who already have a crotch strap installed on the passenger seat might have a problem with this set up...Just my thoughts...

Old 02-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Oh yeah, since we are on the topic, does the GT3 seat need to be removed in order to install a sub-belt mounting bracket???

Old 02-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by rockitman
Oh yeah, since we are on the topic, does the GT3 seat need to be removed in order to install a sub-belt mounting bracket???
The Akkurat PGI bracket can be installed without removing the seat as there is (just barely) enough room to reach in there and access the 4 nuts involved.

In order to install a B-K sub bar the seat must be at least partially removed. Remove the front pair of bolts that secure the "seat" to the side brackets and loosen the rear pair. That allows you to tilt the seat back and access the 4 nuts involved.

I do not know if the seats must be removed to install the sub-bar that Carnewal sells.

Old 02-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by dpblessing
The Akkurat PGI bracket can be installed without removing the seat as there is (just barely) enough room to reach in there and access the 4 nuts involved.

In order to install a B-K sub bar the seat must be at least partially removed. Remove the front pair of bolts that secure the "seat" to the side brackets and loosen the rear pair. That allows you to tilt the seat back and access the 4 nuts involved.

I do not know if the seats must be removed to install the sub-bar that Carnewal sells.
Thanks Doug...It's been awhile since I installed my seats...where are these 4 nuts you are talking about??? Are they on the floor of the car near the electric harness assemblies???

Old 02-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Rockitman; the four (two pairs) nuts I mention secure the seat side rails to the slider tracks (there are also I think four at the rear, but those are not involved).
Note the four holes on the AkkuratPGI bracket also go over those same studs and are secured by those same 4 nuts.
I hope that helps.

Old 02-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by dpblessing
Rockitman; the four (two pairs) nuts I mention secure the seat side rails to the slider tracks (there are also I think four at the rear, but those are not involved).
Note the four holes on the AkkuratPGI bracket also go over those same studs and are secured by those same 4 nuts.
I hope that helps.
Got it. Thanks

Old 02-21-2004, 07:48 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Looks beautiful but I need the sub harness.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Group buy for new fire extinguisher bracket