996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Color code for silver Techart wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:38 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dpblessing
If I understood Eric (plug-guy) and Stephen (PorschePhD) correctly when I talked with them about this many months ago.... yes.

I know there are at least 2, because I have two AS colors inside my car both of them inside my car (No, not the "alu" as I have a bit of that also, but 2 different AS paint colors). Eric shot some parts for me and Stephen shot some parts for me... they are both AS (and both are very nicely done), but a bit different... one seems to have slightly larger metalic "flakes".

However, I do not think the factory shoots two or three different "arctic silvers" for the same year (or group of years).
Oh what you are talking about is parts that were painted from two different outside people, AS that comes out of Germany is another thing.

Old 02-21-2004, 08:44 PM
rspiteri is infamous around these parts
Are those 19" I just got mine put on yesterday with new Contis. 235/315. I couldn't be happier. My Car is a twun of yours now except I still have stock wing.

I can't seem to understand how to post PICs. Can anyone give me some post PICs for Dummies advise.

Old 02-21-2004, 09:47 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JASCLASS
Oh what you are talking about is parts that were painted from two different outside people, AS that comes out of Germany is another thing.
It is possible that I misunderstood them.

So, there is only one arctic silver paint code for Porsches?

Old 02-22-2004, 07:40 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
rspiteri - look in the tech/how to forum...there is a thread there on how to posti pics

Old 02-22-2004, 08:50 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dpblessing
It is possible that I misunderstood them.

So, there is only one arctic silver paint code for Porsches?
As far as I know for the 996 exterior there is only one Arctic Silver paint code.

Old 02-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Tool Pants is infamous around these parts
Doug is right. My Boxster is artic silver and I have the factory silver wheels. I have a can of paint leftover from when my humps were painted artic silver and I have the Porsche touch up paint for artic silver. I have tried both silver paints on my wheel and they are not a match.

The spray paint in a can that is a match is Wurth silver metalic which is hard to get now. The substitute for Wurth is in the pic.

A local shop that refinishes wheels color matched the silver on the wheels so they have the paint formula. But they will not give it to me.

Also, it looks like Porsche sells wheel paint but my parts guy could not find it in the parts computer when I gave him the part number. If someone wants the part number let me know. It is about $35. Jeff