996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Color code for silver Techart wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Color code for silver Techart wheels?

I have a small chip on one of my Techart wheels, I will have my body shop fix it, does anyone know the color code or name of the silver used on Techart wheels? Thanks.

Old 02-21-2004, 09:43 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Ron, I am not 100% sure but my guess would be Arctic Silver.

Old 02-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I just sent an email to Techart HQ, hopefully they will tell us for sure.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:32 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
I don't know what "color" TechArt silver is, but I do know it is NOT arctic silver.

Best of luck on your search.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it's not arctic (or maybe is. even factory color don't match 100%), but if u take the Techart center cap off to match the color it should be perfect match. every bodyshop does that even when u have the paint code.

i use OEM crest cap on my Techart wheel & they match 99%

Old 02-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by dpblessing
I don't know what "color" TechArt silver is, but I do know it is NOT arctic silver.

Best of luck on your search.
If you dont know what Silver it is how do you know its not Arctic? Looks like a close match to me.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:08 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by JASCLASS
If you dont know what Silver it is how do you know its not Arctic? Looks like a close match to me.
he has/had both, so we better trust him

Old 02-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 20C4S
he has/had both, so we better trust him
He stated they are NOT Arctic but he does not know for sure, I know people that use the stock Porsche center caps which ARE Arctic on the Techart wheels, so you tell me.

Old 02-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Happy Now?
He stated they are NOT Arctic but he does not know for sure, I know people that use the stock Porsche center caps which ARE Arctic on the Techart wheels, so you tell me.
Duh! The Porsche center caps match, why didn't I think of that.

Old 02-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Jack from LA knows the paint code and actually has extra paint I think. Jack you around?

Old 02-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Rave TT
Duh! The Porsche center caps match, why didn't I think of that.
Ron, There is your answer, Porsche wheels and caps are painted Arctic Silver.

Old 02-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Justin... perhaps I can clarify. I have an '02 arctic silver C4S. I had a set of silver TechArts on that car, I know they did not match. (That is why I said I do not know what color they "are", but I do know what they are not.) I understand there are three AS colors and perhaps the TechArt silver might match an earlier AS, but I also do not know that.

Also, as I recall, the '02 factory wheels did not match my cars AS paint, and the I know the the factory caps did not match the TechArts (because I popped them in). Yes they were "close", but 99% does not a "match" make - for me anyway

Different people "see" color differently and are more or less critical regarding such matters. If, RaveTT's eyeballs "see" his TechArt wheels as matching his cars paint then he already knows what "color" they are.

Old 02-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Doug, There are three different Arctic Silvers?

Old 02-21-2004, 08:25 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 20C4S
it's not arctic (or maybe is. even factory color don't match 100%), but if u take the Techart center cap off to match the color it should be perfect match. every bodyshop does that even when u have the paint code.

i use OEM crest cap on my Techart wheel & they match 99%
Exactly...the paint code just provides a reference starting point. (and they don't need it necessarily to make a match). Any good body shop wants to see the actual paint on the car to fine tune the mix using a paint color analyzer.

Old 02-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Doug, There are three different Arctic Silvers?
If I understood Eric (plug-guy) and Stephen (PorschePhD) correctly when I talked with them about this many months ago.... yes.

I know there are at least 2, because I have two AS colors inside my car both of them inside my car (No, not the "alu" as I have a bit of that also, but 2 different AS paint colors). Eric shot some parts for me and Stephen shot some parts for me... they are both AS (and both are very nicely done), but a bit different... one seems to have slightly larger metalic "flakes".

However, I do not think the factory shoots two or three different "arctic silvers" for the same year (or group of years).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Color code for silver Techart wheels?