996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 600+ HP Silver Bullet (a.k.a how to blow $235K)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 02:44 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
the bling part is not my cup of tea unless it makes the car faster at the track. I'm sure yours is anyway but cant run it in many of our events cause it has no "real roof".
Still it is a "different" look!

I give out rep points to many on this board (and even sometimes them to me!) but it is IMHO reserved for a post which increases the general knowledge base of this car or raises the IQ of the forum! But there may be someone out there that gives it up just for asking!?
Agree 100% with Tom here. I think it looks like someone took a bunch of different parts and threw them on your beautiful cab. Oh well, you will still love the 04 TTcab...welcome to the family.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:08 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
I like it, CONGRATS! The silver on the wheels is not my favorite, and I agree the TA nose would look better, but the Gemballa nose isnt bad and probably makes it easier to go over bumps and dips. Enjoy

Old 12-24-2006, 03:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I gave you +1 rep for seeming to be a cool guy. Not really my taste where the Turbo is concerned but I dont dislike any part of it. As long as you love it and enjoy it, that's what matters.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Well let me congratulate you on your purchase and welcome to 6speed. Although there is ALOT going on modification wise with the car, with a few touchups the car will be awesome, just way too much for my taste.

Overall though looks good, enjoy it in the best of health and enjoy the stay here on 6speed

Old 12-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Welcome to 6speed. Congrats on the purchase.

Ditto to all the comments. Tidy up the body a bit add some new wheels and you'll have a definite winner.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Beatiful car!!...welcome to 6speed

Old 12-24-2006, 04:21 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Looks cool! I would just replace the Gemballa front with a TA and it'd be sweet!!

Old 12-24-2006, 04:34 PM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
Good looking car, congrats on the purchase!
The wing looks a bit too big being on a cab and all. But nontheless, one hell of a car. Enjoy it in good health and be careful out there.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:49 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6speed and congrats on the car.
Looks wise its not something i would go for, esp. that hard top thing is for Benzes and does not look good on a P cabriolet.
But to each its own and if you like it thats all that matters, i just think the car looks too busy.
Again, welcome and enjoy the car.

Bajo

Old 12-24-2006, 05:14 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Thank you to all for the warm welcome. I'm not at all offended that everyone doesn't like the way this car is modded. Cars like this one usually evoke some kind of strong reaction, and I expected the strongest reactions from the Porsche community. Anyway, it would be a boring world if we all had the same tastes. Nonetheless, we are all car enthusiasts and I appreciate the congratulations and welcomes even when you didn't really like the car that much.

As far as the rep points go...my request was more tongue in cheek, than anything else. I agree that rep should go out to those who help others with problems, and generally enlighten others with there posts. So, please just ignore my request as a kind of a joke.

At this point I am still learning a lot about this car, but I look forward to being able to help others in the future.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:17 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
LoL!

I've already gotten negative rep for my first post! Tough crowd in here...but I guess I opened up that can of worms.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docdan
LoL!

I've already gotten negative rep for my first post! Tough crowd in here...but I guess I opened up that can of worms.
LOL i'll balance that out. you seem like a cool guy that will have a great time on this forum learn and contribute alot as well. you are open minded and not offended by constructive criticism and just REAL responses.

As you can see we dont mean anything by our responses, just our real thoughts, not to be disrespectfull.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome on board.

I agree with the Gemballa & Techart don't mix. It will be looking perfect if you change to TA GTS front and TA type 1 spoiler blade. Also paint the whole center to black. That just my suggestion!

Old 12-24-2006, 06:05 PM
mt72 is infamous around these parts
Nice looking congrats on the purchase

Old 12-24-2006, 06:20 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
lovely, I think it needs 20's to get the real feel of the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 600+ HP Silver Bullet (a.k.a how to blow $235K)